Author Topic: How ABC and WaPo rigged a poll to make it look like Americans now love ObamaCare  (Read 468 times)

rangerrebew

How ABC and WaPo rigged a poll to make it look like Americans now love ObamaCare
Dan Calabrese image

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives April 25, 2017

On first glance, this looks bad: According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll, only 37 percent of Americans want ObamaCare repealed and replaced, as opposed to 61 percent who prefer that we “keep and improve” it. How could this happen? How could a law that has never been popular, has never worked well and has resulted in soaring premiums and collapsing insurance markets suddenly be popular?

Like I said, it appears that way on first glance, but if you think about the choices offered in the poll, you’ll notice something:

As President Donald Trump and the Republicans in Congress gear up for another attempt at repealing and replacing Obamacare, an ABC News/Washington Post poll finds broad public preference for keeping and improving it —including high levels of support for some of its key components.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/how-abc-and-wapo-rigged-a-poll-to-make-it-look-like-americans-now-love-obam
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:53:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've told you and told you time and again how this stuff works!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Which is why its always a good idea to view "poll" results through a common sense lens.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Which is why its always a good idea to view "poll" results through a common sense lens.

And, I've gone over to the other side, I automatically don't believe them now. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And, I've gone over to the other side, I automatically don't believe them now.

For the VAST majority, that is the only position worth taking!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

I've told you and told you time and again how this stuff works!

Yup. The whole thing is a scam.

Offline LMAO

ObamaCare has caused people's premiums to rise while causing many to lose their insurance and doctors.

What's not to love?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy