Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 7034 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2017, 03:40:58 pm »
I personally believe O'Reilly. Sounds like he was ridden out on a steel rail.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:15 pm »
It could be true.  I don't like the guy, but I question this.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
"Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television," O'Reilly stated.

Arrogant to the end.  :silly:

Frankly I hope he sues not because I want him to win but because anything that helps bring FOX down faster is appreciated.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
I personally believe O'Reilly. Sounds like he was ridden out on a steel rail.

Please...not all these women are lying...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »
Fox reporter Margarette Hoover said O'Reilly did not remember her name during a segment and called Hoover 'her blondness" after the show or something  like that and she said it was harrassment for that comment and she filed a complaint.

I want to see both sides but I believe O'Reilly can be a a**

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2017, 04:15:59 pm »
Fox reporter Margarette Hoover said O'Reilly did not remember her name during a segment and called Hoover 'her blondness" after the show or something  like that and she said it was harrassment for that comment and she filed a complaint.

I want to see both sides but I believe O'Reilly can be a a**

Yeah, I heard that one too.  It's hard to figure out what it was he did - was it stupid stuff like calling someone "Blondie", or was it real, predatory behavior?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2017, 04:21:55 pm »
How about when he called them while he was drunk and told them he was masturbating while they talked....or having dinner and inviting her to his hotel room to further discuss her career at FOX and opening the door nude...these are just a few of the complaints..

He had to do something big for Fox to pay off Gretchen Carlson 13mil...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2017, 04:33:29 pm »
Sources: Fox News payout to Bill O'Reilly will be tens of millions of dollars
CNN, Apr 20, 2017, Brian Stelter

Bill O'Reilly will be paid tens of millions of dollars on his way out of Fox News.

"It is a staggering amount," said a source personally involved in the exit maneuverings.

21st Century Fox and O'Reilly's representatives will not acknowledge the existence of a payout. A confidentiality agreement limits what the two sides can say.

But two well-placed sources confirmed to CNNMoney that O'Reilly does have a parachute. That's because O'Reilly signed a new contract right before being ousted.

The two sources, who spoke independently of one another, said the new contract was worth about $25 million per year.

O'Reilly commanded a higher sum for obvious reasons: he dominated the ratings and helped Fox News deliver record profits for its parent company.

The two sources also said the contract extended through the next presidential election, meaning it was set to expire either at the end of 2020 or sometime in 2021.

However, O'Reilly will not be paid the entire amount he was owed, one of the sources said.

More:  http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/20/media/bill-oreilly-millions-payout/index.html

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2017, 04:35:21 pm »
Looks like Bill has a platinum parachute. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2017, 04:37:10 pm »
I liked O'Reilly back when the Clintons were in power.  O'Reilly didn't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced" back then and readily spewed his hatred for anything Hillary.  Once he went F&B, that was the end of him for me except on Wednesdays when I would tune in to see Dennis Miller.

Balling is a bore.  The Five is boring as well.  Tucker is not 8 pm material.  Martha replacing Greta?  It appears to me that they are destroying FOX piecemeal. 

I've already made the move to OANN.

OANN is great...first started watching them this time last year in Germany. 

Now they just need to develop an app for smart phones.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »
Thinking about it, I think Fox is going to pay a heavy price for dumping O'Reilly the way they did. He has lots of loyal followers - which are/were Fox's customers - which they just pissed off big time. The Murdoch boys are in for a rude awakening. We'll see...

Or maybe they had no choice.  O'Reilly has a big ego and is a bully.  Maybe this was the only option he left them with.  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2017, 04:48:57 pm »
There are too many stories about O'Reilly's behavior to be ignored.  He was abusive towards his ex-wife, and from all accounts is a total a-hole in the professional realm.  Having bad characters in the GOP corner only discredits the conservative movement.

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:49 pm »

It's troubling that the defendant's day in court isn't necessary anymore @mystery-ak

Are we now embracing "it's the seriousness of the charge"?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:50:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2017, 04:50:43 pm »
Those are some expensive unfounded claims. He has spent over 13 Million settling these claims to date, not counting the pending ones.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:51:52 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2017, 04:53:04 pm »
It's troubling that the defendant's day in court isn't necessary anymore @mystery-ak

Are we now embracing "it's the seriousness of the charge"?

In this case, the defendeant hasn't wanted a day in court. He has been paying millions to the accusers not to have to have to take it to court.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2017, 04:54:47 pm »

I guess I'm hearing Beck go to bat for him continually which he has today and really not reading that much else.  He is saying it's largely media matters doing this. 

It's interesting that O'Reilly defended Herman Cain in a very similar situation, Cain paid out but O'Reilly tried to largely make it out that Cain was innocent.

I found an article with Beck I might put in the scandal area or something, a less busy thoroughfare.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2017, 04:57:37 pm »
Or maybe they had no choice.  O'Reilly has a big ego and is a bully.  Maybe this was the only option he left them with.  :shrug:

I'm going with your assessment, TRG.  We've known he was a lech for some time, and he proves he's a bully with almost every interview he's done.  He should go ahead and retire while he's ahead.  I think Fox made a good choice with Tucker, a decision I would have opposed a couple years ago.  He has improved a great deal with experience.  Thank God he dumped the bow-tie shtick.

As for OANN, I have the app on my Firestick (one of the first I got for it), and didn't care for the poor production quality. Has it improved?  I may go check it out again, I still have the app.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2017, 05:03:20 pm »
For those of you that missed it before...ladies and gentlemen...I give you the essential Bill O'Reilly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z_GV6wMgBk

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2017, 05:06:34 pm »
In this case, the defendeant hasn't wanted a day in court. He has been paying millions to the accusers not to have to have to take it to court.

I don't know the specifics of the lawsuits, but I'm guessing the suits are against the corporation Fox News and not the individual Bill O'Reilly (I could be wrong).

Either way, and IMO, it is now in Fox News' best interest to insist on going through the courts or they're going to hemorrhage treasure and talent--unless, of course, the corporation has an ulterior motive for not doing so.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 05:35:48 pm »
Glenn Beck Reveals Media Matters Behind O’Reilly Boycotts
News Commentary
By Matt | Contributor | April 20, 2017 12:16PM

After spending two decades as the king of cable, dominating the ratings and bringing in $100 million a year in revenue for the Fox News network, Bill O’Reilly is out.

His departure came not long after the New York Times reported on April 1st that O’Reilly and Fox News paid $13 million to five women as settlements for sexual harassment complaints. The revelations led to a revolt among advertisers, even though his ratings stayed strong.
ADVERTISEMENT

Then O’Reilly took his annual break for Easter. But the timing naturally struck people as a bit odd, and rumors began to swirl that O’Reilly’s pre-Easter broadcast would be his last. That turned out to be the case.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” the company announced yesterday.” Of course, the revolt of advertisers also played a role in the decision.

And it appears the advertisers didn’t pull out because of the Times’ report itself. The settlements don’t imply an admission of guilt, after all. Rather, the extreme left group Media Matters coordinated a campaign to pressure O’Reilly’s advertisers to drop the show.

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/heres-whose-really-behind-bill-oreilly-media-matters-departure/#ixzz4eoPvj75P

Probably best not to create a whole slew of various O'Reilly threads so I post this here. I'm not a big fan of this website, "the political insider" but that doesn't mean they are wrong or always wrong. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
Arrogant to the end.  :silly:

Frankly I hope he sues not because I want him to win but because anything that helps bring FOX down faster is appreciated.

Always knew you were a CNN/ MSNBC fan. Thanks for exposing that.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »
How about when he called them while he was drunk and told them he was masturbating while they talked....or having dinner and inviting her to his hotel room to further discuss her career at FOX and opening the door nude...these are just a few of the complaints..

He had to do something big for Fox to pay off Gretchen Carlson 13mil...

Those claims were on Ailes, not BOR. Carlson had no claims about BOR either. What we do have is Media Matters and the Murdoch bros openly going after BOR because they want FOX to be Progressive.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2017, 05:51:03 pm »
There are too many stories about O'Reilly's behavior to be ignored.  He was abusive towards his ex-wife, and from all accounts is a total a-hole in the professional realm.  Having bad characters in the GOP corner only discredits the conservative movement.

A pretty funny clip from the early 90s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

NSFW language, IIRC
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2017, 05:51:58 pm »
Those claims were on Ailes, not BOR. Carlson had no claims about BOR either. What we do have is Media Matters and the Murdoch bros openly going after BOR because they want FOX to be Progressive.

The masturbating claims are against BOR...several have claimed the same thing.

I will remain a little skeptical only because Lisa Bloom and her mother Gloria Allred represent several of them.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2017, 05:57:25 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/19/choking-harassing-and-loofahs-women-s-allegations-against-bill-o-reilly-piled-up-for-years-before-his-demise.html

Choking, Harassing, and Loofahs: Women’s Allegations Against Bill O’Reilly Piled Up for Years Before His Demise

This is just one link of hundreds with the disgusting details.....all these women can't be lying...

His own daughter testified against him.
Support the USO