Author Topic: Report: White House Lied to Journalists About Trump Speech in ‘Misdirection Play’  (Read 3633 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

[/size]CNN reported Wednesday on a senior administration official admitting that the White House intentionally misled reporters ahead of President Donald Trump‘s congressional address in order to get generate positive press coverage as part of a “misdirection play.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-white-house-lied-to-journalists-about-trump-speech-in-misdirection-play/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I've been saying they've done this all along.

Its a childish lowlife thing to do but the media keeps falling for it so neither side is innocent.

• Technical

Its a childish lowlife thing to do but the media keeps falling for it so neither side is innocent.

Just more of "they do it too" as if that makes it ok.  **nononono*

I heard that this is what Trump used to do to the NY tabloids.

Regretting my vote more and more.

Offline Cripplecreek

I'm not condoning it at all, just pointing out that the media needs to wise up and not report anything without the administration officially going on the record with proof.

Trump will come begging for attention.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm not condoning it at all, just pointing out that the media needs to wise up and not report anything without the administration officially going on the record with proof.

Trump will come begging for attention.

If the media actually did it's job instead of acting as a leftist propaganda group, none of this would be an issue.
with that said, Trump no longer needs the media for anything. He got elected. ANY president in the 21st century has access to the internet and can command a huge audience any time they want simply by speaking. No MSM filter/interpretation/BS required.

The media is totally reliant on the internet today for all their sourcing. Twitter and facebook are where they go for most things anyway. How many times do we see stories without those two words in them? Rarely. And increasingly rarely besides. So cut out the middleman.

Offline Cripplecreek

If the media actually did it's job instead of acting as a leftist propaganda group, none of this would be an issue.
with that said, Trump no longer needs the media for anything. He got elected. ANY president in the 21st century has access to the internet and can command a huge audience any time they want simply by speaking. No MSM filter/interpretation/BS required.

The media is totally reliant on the internet today for all their sourcing. Twitter and facebook are where they go for most things anyway. How many times do we see stories without those two words in them? Rarely. And increasingly rarely besides. So cut out the middleman.

Internet or none, Trump is the most completely dishonest president we've ever seen. Believing anything he says only calls ones own discernment into question.

• Technical
Internet or none, Trump is the most completely dishonest president we've ever seen. Believing anything he says only calls ones own discernment into question.

:thumbsup:

Offline Norm Lenhart

Believing anything out of DC or the media -at all- calls ones discernment into question.

Offline libertybele

Believing anything out of DC or the media -at all- calls ones discernment into question.

The MSM has become so irrelevant and twisted that they feel reporting President Trump is now wearing a better tailored suit and the First Lady's sequinned outfit was inappropriate to wear to a Congressional speech is somehow newsworthy. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We saw that during the primaries, at least those of us who would look.

I'm just surprised he didn't feed the 'leak' to a few staffers and see where it popped up, rather than just feed the press a line. He has enough internal leaks he could be using stuff like this to discredit the leakers of smoke 'em out. Wasted opportunity, imho.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Turnabout is fair play,and the media is the avowed enemy of anyone even remotely conservative,who why "play fair" with people  you know will not play fair with you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cripplecreek

Yah,de poor baybays! And the media is always SOOO fair to Republicans.

In fact,the media seems to be  kinder,gentler,and more patriotic than the typical nevertrumper. I can see why that tribe of smucks are crying for them

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Maybe you  and the delicate flowers in the media can get together and hold a victim pity party,complete with group hugs and shared tears?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

BINGO! Trump going on twitter to "speak" directly to the people was a brilliant move. When he does this,what he says can't be distorted and "spun" by the media because anyone can go to twitter and see it for themselves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cripplecreek

I see you are still pining for Hillary.

Cheer up,Bubba! If she doesn't stroke out first,I am positive they will strap her to a chair and roll her out again in 2020!

After all,she is a proven loser,and what can be more democratic than that?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:55:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

@Cripplecreek

I see you are still pining for Hillary.

Cheer up,Bubba! If she doesn't stroke out first,I am positive they will strap her to a chair and roll her out again in 2020!

After all,she is a proven loser,and what can be more democratic than that?

Na, they're not going to roll out Hillary again; why run the most corrupt Secretary of State who lost twice when you can run the most corrupt attorney general?  They're working on running Holder with Bammy organizing his run. Oh, and did I mention it will again be politically correct to vote for a black president?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/02/holder-obama-preparing-to-get-back-into-political-spotlight.html
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:06:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Turnabout is fair play,and the media is the avowed enemy of anyone even remotely conservative,who why "play fair" with people  you know will not play fair with you?

That may be a bit too complex for some, to get.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

[...] why "play fair" with people  you know will not play fair with you?

Because that is what "integrity" means.
And because if someone will lie to people you don't like, they will also lie to you.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Any validity to Trump and his followers cries of "FAKE NEWS!!!" every time CNN or NYT or the rest of the MSM post a story on him just went out the window.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And because if someone will lie to people you don't like, they will also lie to you.

Nailed it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

And this is why I say that the Trump crowd have become Alinskyites. They know Trump lies but don't care because like all proper Alinskyites "The ends justify the means".

Its something I would expect out of an atheist but I really have to wonder about the Trump supporters calling themselves Christians. They should ask themselves if they really and truly believe in final judgement or do they believe God has a blind spot that gives them a chance to atone as needed.

Online Smokin Joe

@Cripplecreek

Yah,de poor baybays! And the media is always SOOO fair to Republicans.

In fact,the media seems to be  kinder,gentler,and more patriotic than the typical nevertrumper. I can see why that tribe of smucks are crying for them
Who's crying for the Media? We know they lie, it's fun to see them gigged, always has been (KMA, Dan Rather--and you, too Walter Cronkite!).
I'd rather (no pun intended) have seen the BS get spread backchannel and see where the leak popped up. I think it could have done double duty, but that's chess, not six dimensional checkers.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Na, they're not going to roll out Hillary again; why run the most corrupt Secretary of State who lost twice when you can run the most corrupt attorney general?  They're working on running Holder with Bammy organizing his run. Oh, and did I mention it will again be politically correct to vote for a black president?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/02/holder-obama-preparing-to-get-back-into-political-spotlight.html

@libertybele

Well,there can be no question they will get 90+ percent of the black vote because blacks are still tribal,but I'm fairly certain they have worn out the white guilt vote by now.

I don't see them getting much of the Brown Vote either. Not a lot of love there.

Not that it matters. The Dims are still stuck in the 1960's and will remain there until all the 60's commies die off and are replaced by newer zombies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Polly Ticks

You should change your screen name to Pollyanna.

Online Smokin Joe

That may be a bit too complex for some, to get.    :laugh:
But Mo-om! He did it first. Okay. I see where you're coming from.

C S Lewis