Author Topic: Beau Biden's widow is having an affair with his brother Hunter who has split from his wife - and father Joe has given them 'full and complete support'  (Read 2285 times)

Offline dfwgator

Offline Applewood

Yes,I did. I care nothing about what the Catholic cult thinks. Those people make leftist Dims seem to be rational by comparison.  You now follow the orders of some faggot communist,and think that pleases your holy spook.

For the record -- I was baptized a Catholic, but I haven't practiced the faith for years.  I don't follow any organized religion today, although I still believe in God and Jesus. 

And I tend to agree with you regarding the present pope.

I'm not trying to judge the Bidens.  God knows what a sinner I've been and still am. It's wrong for any of us to get on our high horse and judge these people as sinners, for we ourselves are sinners.  We have no idea what judgment God will pronounce on any of us till he calls us.  For all I know, he could judge this bunch as righteous, while he puts me on the down elevator to hell.

I just found it interesting that this family holds itself out as good Catholics when at least one of them is an adulterer -- a sin in the Catholic faith.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For the record -- I was baptized a Catholic, but I haven't practiced the faith for years.  I don't follow any organized religion today, although I still believe in God and Jesus. 

Good for you! I have zero proof of the existence or non-existence of any "God",but I am guessing IF there is one,he is ,at a minimum ,highly embarrassed by the people who claim to represent him,and maybe even a little pissed.

And I tend to agree with you regarding the present pope.

This guy may even end up being responsible for devout Catholics "going Baptist" before he takes his dirt nap.

Plus,stop and think about this for a minute. He ain't all alone. He was picked as the leader by the College of Cardinals. They knew him,they knew what they were getting,and they voted to get it.

I just found it interesting that this family holds itself out as good Catholics when at least one of them is an adulterer -- a sin in the Catholic faith.

Well,if he really is a devout Christian,he thinks that regardless of what he does,all he has to do to be forgiven is go to his knees and confess his sins to God,and suddenly it will be as if it never happened. Which has to be THE huge attraction to claiming "True Believer Status". It's the ultimate "Get out of jail card."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

How "Kennedy" of them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

...but I am guessing IF there is one,he is ,at a minimum ,highly embarrassed by the people who claim to represent him,and maybe even a little pissed.

There is a prayer some of us Ex organized religion types say. You've probably heard it. Sometimes sarcastically, sometimes seriously. "Lord save me from your followers."

Many of us left the RC church because of people like this pope and the televangelist types that aren't interested in actually trying to follow the Bible at all. We discovered that there need be no middleman between us and the big guy and we can make plenty of mistakes on our own without some fraud helping add to our bad choices.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Good for you! I have zero proof of the existence or non-existence of any "God",but I am guessing IF there is one,he is ,at a minimum ,highly embarrassed by the people who claim to represent him,and maybe even a little pissed.

This guy may even end up being responsible for devout Catholics "going Baptist" before he takes his dirt nap.

Plus,stop and think about this for a minute. He ain't all alone. He was picked as the leader by the College of Cardinals. They knew him,they knew what they were getting,and they voted to get it.

Well,if he really is a devout Christian,he thinks that regardless of what he does,all he has to do to be forgiven is go to his knees and confess his sins to God,and suddenly it will be as if it never happened. Which has to be THE huge attraction to claiming "True Believer Status". It's the ultimate "Get out of jail card."

@sneakypete

Your understanding of Christianity is lacking.   Yes Christians can repent of their sins and be forgiven.   Being forgiven does not mean the sin is forgotten, there is still an atonement in Heaven.

Nor does it mean you can just go out and sin again.   To do that means you never really repented.

BTW, Catholics have to go to their Priest to be forgiven.   They have a middleman between them and Jesus.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How "Kennedy" of them.

@dfwgator

OUCH! Ironically enough,with the exception of the women they marry,they are dumb enough to think that is praising them. Uncle Joe almost makes Goober Gore appear to be semi-intelligent by comparison.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is a prayer some of us Ex organized religion types say. You've probably heard it. Sometimes sarcastically, sometimes seriously. "Lord save me from your followers."

I am stunned. I have never heard that in my life,but as someone who grew up dreaming of being a fundie preacher,I understand it on a level I suspect only former "True Believers" understand it. I dropped out of religion when I was in the 5th grade,and suddenly the parents of my childhood friends,and even the children of my relatives would no longer allow their children my age to "associate with the demon child".

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:02:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Your understanding of Christianity is lacking.   Yes Christians can repent of their sins and be forgiven.   Being forgiven does not mean the sin is forgotten, there is still an atonement in Heaven.

Nor does it mean you can just go out and sin again.   To do that means you never really repented.

Uh,huh. Good luck explaining that to them.

BTW, Catholics have to go to their Priest to be forgiven.   They have a middleman between them and Jesus.

All roads to heaven have toll collectors.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I am stunned. I have never heard that in my life,but as someone who grew up dreaming of being a fundie preacher,I understand it on a level I suspect only former "True Believers" understand it. I dropped out of religion when I was in the 5th grade,and suddenly the parents of my childhood friends,and even the children of my relatives would no longer allow their children my age to "associate with the demon child".

Yea I can see where that might impact your view on things just a little.

Offline Applewood

I don't have any proof either.  It's just that I believe He exists.  I guess that's the definition of faith. 

Just getting on your knees and begging for forgiveness shouldn't be all. There should also be a sincere effort not to commit the same sin again.  I don't suppose this guy can salvage his marriage, but in order to have forgiveness, he would have to give up his SIL I don't see that happening. 

Offline mountaineer

God isn't embarrassed by sinners. He grieves for them - and for those who think by calling him names they've diminished him somehow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org