Author Topic: Trump asks black reporter to schedule meeting with Congressional Black Caucus  (Read 509 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Because you know, they all know each other, right?

President Donald Trump raised eyebrows Thursday afternoon when he asked a black reporter at a free-wheeling press conference to arrange a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus.

“Do you want to set up the meeting?” Trump asked April Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks. “Are they friends of yours? Set up a meeting. Set up the meeting. I would love to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus, I think it’s great.”....

http://www.ktbb.com/post/?p=588416

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Because you know, they all know each other, right?

To really understand what happened you have to read the article.  What a jerk.  I don't know if he was really being racist or whether he was making excuses for himself.  Either way inappropriate.  Not the way a leader addresses an important issue like that.  I don't want to hear why he hasn't gotten it done because everyone else has failed.  A simple yes or no will do.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I thought it was a very effective way of getting the point across and defusing a gotcha question.

"You think I should meet with the Congressional Black Caucus? Set it up then. Don't expect me to do all the damned work."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
To really understand what happened you have to read the article.  What a jerk.  I don't know if he was really being racist or whether he was making excuses for himself.  Either way inappropriate.  Not the way a leader addresses an important issue like that.  I don't want to hear why he hasn't gotten it done because everyone else has failed.  A simple yes or no will do.

This I actually thought was unutterably funny, in a "holy shit that actually happened" way.

He's the court jester in chief.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
This I actually thought was unutterably funny, in a "holy shit that actually happened" way.

Yes, I found it surreal too.  The whole press conference in fact.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yes, I found it surreal too.  The whole press conference in fact.

Trump is more of a figurehead than a President IMO. LIke the Queen of England.

There's already talk of people bypassing Trump and going to the serious figures in his admin.

Only way to function, really.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Trump is more of a figurehead than a President IMO. LIke the Queen of England.

There's already talk of people bypassing Trump and going to the serious figures in his admin.

Only way to function, really.

With Trump its all about getting the credit anyway.