Author Topic: Chuck Todd: Donald Trump’s Delegitimization of Press ‘Un-American,’ ‘Not a Laughing Matter’  (Read 18869 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's why I do not hate people........ I didn't even hate Obama.  I hate what he did.  What he stood for.  But not him.

I'm not saying that there aren't people who do hate Trump.  There definitely are.

It's just that @Victoria33 and I aren't among them.

Would love to see you and @Victoria33 mud wrestle.

I'll volunteer to hose you both off.     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

There ass really looks big in that dress, admit it @mrpotatohead

Just for the record, I'm in the healthy BMI range for my height, and am in the 96th percentile of health for women.  I eat well, exercise a lot, and don't wear muu muus.

btw, sneaky is a few fries short of a happy meal.  Pay no attention to his hostile opinions about women.....ANY of us.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Victoria33

Just for the record, I'm in the healthy BMI range for my height, and am in the 96th percentile of health for women.  I eat well, exercise a lot, and don't wear muu muus.
@musiclady

It was late last night when I wore the caftan.  A day or so ago, Quix sent me a questionnaire that would tell you how long you might live.  I answered it and, if a major medical thing doesn't happen, like cancer, I will live to 103.  You and I can keep writing our opinions until then as it looks like you would be high on that "live" scale, too, and live longer than I will since I am older than you.  :bighug:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

It was late last night when I wore the caftan.  A day or so ago, Quix sent me a questionnaire that would tell you how long you might live.  I answered it and, if a major medical thing doesn't happen, like cancer, I will live to 103.  You and I can keep writing our opinions until then as it looks like you would be high on that "live" scale, too, and live longer than I will since I am older than you.  :bighug:

Well, I did an extensive health survey with the hospital for which my husband worked, and that was where the 96% figure came from (I only lost points because I have HBP, which treated stays around 115/70).

They said I would live to be 95, so, since I think I'm about 15 years younger than you (late sixties now), I may kick the bucket before you do!   :laugh:   (And I'm not sure @mystery-ak wants to keep this forum going that long anyway)!

At any rate, let's both keep posting our thoughts and opinions, and let the chips fall where they may.

We're not alone.

@Victoria33

Oh............ and I'm sure you're well aware that insults to women from men about our size, especially coming late at night and from their distorted imaginations or possible inebriation, are just weak attempts to diminish the more intelligent sex.   :dx1:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Just so you know, @Emjay, there is no 'war' between you and me.  All is well.

I reacted in anger to your seeming desire to silence my right to object to Trump, and saying that those objections have anything to do with a feeling of "superiority"....... nothing could be further from the truth.

But there is no war, and there is no anger today.

Is that OK with you??    :truce:

Offline Idiot

I reacted in anger to your seeming desire to silence my right to object to Trump, and saying that those objections have anything to do with a feeling of "superiority"....... nothing could be further from the truth.

Well dang....there is no cat fight.  What am I supposed to do on a Saturday now?  There's no football....basketball...yuck.  Guess I'll go mow the weeds in the lawn.   :laugh:

I do appreciate reading everyone's comments...it really does make you think.

Offline corbe

Oh............ and I'm sure you're well aware that insults to women from men about our size, especially coming late at night and from their distorted imaginations or possible inebriation, are just weak attempts to diminish the more intelligent sex.   :dx1:

@Victoria33
@musiclady
@Emjay

Ladies that was me, and musiclady called it correctly but where she got it wrong is my respect for you Gals, you're all the best, this place wouldn't be the same without you regardless of how you feel about Pres. Trump, your Opinion is always worth reading for the insight you provide.

In my defense, Put me down as probable instigator that Respects most all Women.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@Victoria33
@musiclady
@Emjay

Ladies that was me, and musiclady called it correctly but where she got it wrong is my respect for you Gals, you're all the best, this place wouldn't be the same without you regardless of how you feel about Pres. Trump, your Opinion is always worth reading for the insight you provide.

Best thing about this place. Someone makes a screw up - they usually own it.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline corbe

Best thing about this place. Someone makes a screw up - they usually own it.  :beer:

At my Age I should know the only woman's butt you can discuss is a Kardasian butt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

Well dang....there is no cat fight.  What am I supposed to do on a Saturday now?  There's no football....basketball...yuck.  Guess I'll go mow the weeds in the lawn.   :laugh:

I do appreciate reading everyone's comments...it really does make you think.

It's a tough time of year after the Super Bowl and before baseball.  We ALL suffer, my friend!   ^-^

Offline musiclady

@Victoria33
@musiclady
@Emjay

You're an OK guy, @corbe !  I got no problem with you.  :beer:

Offline musiclady

At my Age I should know the only woman's butt you can discuss is a Kardasian butt.

Well, I think Mechelle ma belle's derriere has been the topic of discussion a time or two.  :dx1:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, I think Mechelle ma belle's derriere has been the topic of discussion a time or two.  :dx1:

Was it necessary for you to bring that up??  :chairbang:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Totally!  No war at all.  I've just decided to 'give up' complaining about Trump because of his personal obnoxious qualities and wait until and when he does something that harms the country (besides occasionally making us cringe)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Ladies, I would love to know what you hope to accomplish with your constant demeaning of Trump.

We all knew his personal faults, and they are many, but we should be past that by now and encourage him to be the best president he can be.

So far he's exceeded my expectations.

Besides personal gratification at feeling superior what else do you think you are doing to make the world a better place.

Emjay,  I basically agree with you.    We must be careful to be constructive when we criticize Trump.   He is facing an historic level of incoming fire,  including, most ominously,  apparently active sabotage going on by the bureaucracy that's supposed to report to him.

Trump's at the point now where he cannot have a private conversation with a world leader without the threat of being exposed.   That's scary,  and not because I have any particular sympathy for Trump.   

Trump is going to have to demonstrate competence,  and the best way to do that is back-burner the immigration and the Muslim baiting and all the showy populist folderol.   Wait a while to get a fundamental fix for ObamaCare too.    Work with Congress to secure quickly this current spurt of economic growth.  Prime the pump,  cut taxes and regulation,  and achieve 4% growth.   That growth will itself provide better options for reforming ObamaCare (and other entitlement programs),  and  a man with a job won't be so concerned with the other folks attaining the A.D. too. 

Trump is facing a fork in the road,  an existential decision whether to govern or to fight.   There's only one path that leads to a future for him.     
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:55:18 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Was it necessary for you to bring that up??  :chairbang:

In the interest of full disclosure.....   :smokin:

Offline musiclady

Totally!  No war at all.  I've just decided to 'give up' complaining about Trump because of his personal obnoxious qualities and wait until and when he does something that harms the country (besides occasionally making us cringe)

Got it.

An honorable and reasonable position to have.  And you have lots of company in that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That is exactly what they want. They want to turn this place into an echo chamber where we post huge threads on a "Day of the life" of Trump and fawn over him like the old FR threads on Bush, and with no criticism. Or any slight criticism of Trump we all reflexively post the same same attacks and tired memes of viking kitties, and threats of violence.

Just like Free Republic.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure   @musiclady

OHHH,THE IRONY!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Comment deleted.   Let it go Pete.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:09:08 am by MOD4 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@sneakypete   You need to get over your man-crush on George W. Bush ... he's never gonna love you back.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's why I do not hate people........ I didn't even hate Obama.  I hate what he did.  What he stood for.  But not him.

I'm not saying that there aren't people who do hate Trump.  There definitely are.

It's just that @Victoria33 and I aren't among them.
I don't hate Trump. I'm not fond of his primary election campaigning tactics, nor what I have heard of his business tactics. Frankly, I would not be eager to do business with the man based on the comments made by contractors and others.
I am skeptical of what he will accomplish and how effective those touted accomplishments will be. Most of those ideas I agree with in spirit, if not detail, and frankly, I want them done in accordance with the Constitution so that they can't be ripped aside as easily as the 'pen and phone' accomplishments of Obama.

If change (back toward a Constitutional Republic) is to be meaningful, it must be done by enduring means. That means he needs Congress on board, it means he needs to whip the various executive agencies into shape or take the necessary steps to abolish them. Restructuring can help eliminate the core bureaucrats who will oppose reining in the Federal Leviathan.

Will that happen? I reckon we're going to find out.

However my disagreeing with his actions or policies constitutes disagreement, not ""hate".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:37:45 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can't help it. It's such a broad topic.... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

@sneakypete   You need to get over your man-crush on George W. Bush ... he's never gonna love you back.

Zingggg!!   That IS his problem...... you nailed it!   He's love obsessed.  He just can't let the guy go.  :silly:

@Emjay
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:24:51 am by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

I don't hate Trump. I'm not fond of his primary election campaigning tactics, nor what I have heard of his business tactics. Frankly, I would not be eager to do business with the man based on the comments made by contractors and others.
I am skeptical of what he will accomplish and how effective those touted accomplishments will be. Most of those ideas I agree with in spirit, if not detail, and frankly, I want them done in accordance with the Constitution so that they can't be ripped aside as easily as the 'pen and phone' accomplishments of Obama.

If change (back toward a Constitutional Republic) is to be meaningful, it must be done by enduring means. That means he needs Congress on board, it means he needs to whip the various executive agencies into shape or take the necessary steps to abolish them. Restructuring can help eliminate the core bureaucrats who will oppose reining in the Federal Leviathan.

Will that happen? I reckon we're going to find out.

However my disagreeing with his actions or policies constitutes disagreement, not ""hate".

Exactly.

The older I get, the more I value the Constitution, and the brilliance of the Founding Fathers.  Even ten years ago, I was not as passionate as I am now, and I have learned SO much since I began participating on boards like these more than 15 years ago.  I had the basics, but kind of felt like small government was no longer possible after FDR and following...

I'm thankful that posters like you have the intellect and knowledge to discuss issues in depth, and read your posts (and others) with an open mind and a patriotic heart.

I feel like I learn more every day just by being here, and am more convinced than ever of the value of Conservatism and the importance of keeping its principles as the goal.

@Smokin Joe

Offline musiclady