Author Topic: Trump reviews top White House staff after tumultuous start  (Read 458 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Trump reviews top White House staff after tumultuous start
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:47:25 pm »
If there is a single issue on which the president feels his aides have let him down, it was the controversial executive order on immigration. The president has complained to at least one person about "how his people didn't give him good advice" on rolling out the travel ban and that he should have waited to sign it instead of "rushing it like they wanted me to." Trump has also wondered why he didn’t have a legal team in place to defend it from challenges.

(ring ring ring)  "Hello?"

"Hey, Barack.  Don here.  Say, you know that bus you used to use?  Can I borrow it?"

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
The president has complained to at least one person about "how his people didn't give him good advice" on rolling out the travel ban and that he should have waited to sign it instead of "rushing it like they wanted me to." Trump has also wondered why he didn’t have a legal team in place to defend it from challenges.

If this is true, then it's encouraging.  It means Trump is realizing what a boner he pulled by putting his political hacks in charge, especially Bannon who brags about the chaos he wants to throw America into. 

He flooded the zone, alright.  But the QB got sacked.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »
If this is true, then it's encouraging.  It means Trump is realizing what a boner he pulled by putting his political hacks in charge, especially Bannon who brags about the chaos he wants to throw America into. 

He flooded the zone, alright.  But the QB got sacked.

I hope. I'm criticized on here that I want to see him fail. Nope. I want to see him get rid of the idiots in his inner circle, bring in some real professionals who know what they're doing, know how to implement Trump's agenda without destroying everything, and have a great presidency.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »

It will be encouraging if he learns the right lessons from it. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:25:17 pm »
Why would anyone think he would take any responsibility, aka "The buck stops here"?

Much easier to point fingers and say, "You're fired". 

My opinion I think there was little inherently wrong or illegal with the executive order itself, but the way it was implemented, with no communication and time for the airlines, airports or travelers to prepare - was boneheaded. And the worse part, he goes on TV the next day and say it's working beautifully at the airports. It was a free gift to the liberal media.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »
My opinion I think there was little inherently wrong or illegal with the executive order itself, but the way it was implemented, with no communication and time for the airlines, airports or travelers to prepare - was boneheaded. And the worse part, he goes on TV the next day and say it's working beautifully at the airports. It was a free gift to the liberal media.

That's my take as well.  There were some actual issues with it, however, and apparently they're going to re-write the EO to deal with them, rather than appeal it.