Author Topic: In a meeting with 10 senators, Trump claimed voter fraud in New Hampshire and referred to Warren as “Pocahontas”  (Read 9272 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
President the Donald is not a conservative, he's a Republican.

And he is going farther, faster to implement the conservative agenda than even Reagan did.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

And he is going farther, faster to implement the conservative agenda than even Reagan did.

Well, I consider myself a conservative and Trump doesn't represent me and my values.

And comparing him to President Reagan, or claiming Trump is somehow better than President Reagan ever was, is absolutely ridiculous.  Trump wouldn't make a patch on President Reagan's derriere.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The “Pocahontas” thing is just immature and unseemly coming from a 'man' in his position.

The vote fraud thing is going to bite him in the ass if he keeps repeating it without citing reliable evidence.

What you say is true and I wish he would leave this voter fraud thing alone.  I know there is voter fraud.  A Mexican woman was just deported for voting multiple times with fake I.D.  Whether there was enough fraud to change the popular vote is questionable.

Trump has done a lot of very good things so far ... and he has done a couple of stupid things.

But the stupid things don't affect our country... they just offend our sensibilities.

I'm cutting him some slack on this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well, I guess that means you and President the Donald have something in common. :laugh:

In my defense I am not the one trying to change the world. Or even minds. bighead just likes to have fuuu-un.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Well, I consider myself a conservative and Trump doesn't represent me and my values.

And comparing him to President Reagan, or claiming Trump is somehow better than President Reagan ever was, is absolutely ridiculous.  Trump wouldn't make a patch on President Reagan's derriere.
Okay then compare Reagan's amnesty, to Trump getting serious about illegal immigration?

Reagan was great. The point is that Trump is doing several things that Reagan's most ardent supporters since, have asked for.

If your nevertrump obsession clouds your mind and prevents you from recognize that, don't blame me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Okay then compare Reagan's amnesty, to Trump getting serious about illegal immigration?

Reagan was great. The point is that Trump is doing several things that Reagan's most ardent supporters since, have asked for.

If your nevertrump obsession clouds your mind and prevents you from recognize that, don't blame me.

I can't stand trump's smug self-approbation. I couldn't stand obama's either, but that is past.

The fed/gov in DC is arguably it's own version of The Ringling Brothers, but the Presidency shouldn't be the clown act part of the show.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mesaclone

So your values oppose:

-Appointing conservative justices
-Abolishing Obamacare
-Building a wall and restraining rampant immigration
-Filling his cabinet with staunch conservatives
-Cutting taxes across the board
-Rebuilding our weakened military
-Reinvigorating a weak and feckless foreign policy
-Radically reducing business and economic regulation

Admittedly, he's not even been in office a full month...but those are clearly HIS priorities. What the heck are yours?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
-There IS vote fraud. Nobody really knows the full extent of it...its not a reach to suggest it may be in the millions.
-Warren did falsely claim status as an American Indian to gain an employment advantage. Of course, he should have used the term "Faux-cohantas" to be more precise.

So in both cases, he is making reasonable assertions...perhaps in a blunt and even rude manner. But sometimes the truth doesn't need to be wearing an Armani suit...the plain ugly truth can make the stronger point. Simply speaking, regularly uttering the truth is the kind of "presidential" behavior I seek...far more important to myself and many Americans than mere elegance and sophisticated manners. Sure, I'd love to have both those qualities in my President, but if I have to choose I'd say we had a ton of the latter and virtually none of the former for far too long. That being the case, I find the current tendency towards honestly speaking his mind to be very refreshing.

@Mesaclone

People were tired of politicians and their slick tongues.    Well he definately doesn't mince words and they still aren't happy.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@Mesaclone

People were tired of politicians and their slick tongues.    Well he definately doesn't mince words and they still aren't happy.

That's because the modern...ahem... 'conservative' says lots of things he/they don't really believe. Especially when he has to stand behind them. But it sounds good on websites and makes them feel special to say them, so they do. Nor will most admit mistakes.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So your values oppose:

-Appointing conservative justices
-Abolishing Obamacare
-Building a wall and restraining rampant immigration
-Filling his cabinet with staunch conservatives
-Cutting taxes across the board
-Rebuilding our weakened military
-Reinvigorating a weak and feckless foreign policy
-Radically reducing business and economic regulation

Admittedly, he's not even been in office a full month...but those are clearly HIS priorities. What the heck are yours?

I, so want to steal that!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Get it before it mysteriously disappears.

Silver Pines

So...yalls' argument de jour is that he's not acting like a Statesman?   :laugh:

We have a leader.  A brash leader, who happens to have truth on his side.

He's a smart leader.  He knows the power of his new megaphone.

To get where she's at, Elizabeth Pocahontas Warren gamed the system...lied and cheated to get there.

What he's doing is priceless.

@DCPatriot

Brash isn't a requirement.  This isn't a game where I'm sitting back waiting to see where Trump scores his next point.  He just needs to do his job, and there's plenty of it.

Maybe he could turn some attention to repealing Obamacare.

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Brash isn't a requirement.  This isn't a game where I'm sitting back waiting to see where Trump scores his next point.  He just needs to do his job, and there's plenty of it.

Maybe he could turn some attention to repealing Obamacare.

I refer you to Mesaclone's post above, which lists the items already addressed and/or being worked on...in less than a month.

And he does it all by himself.

Without a suppliant media, Hollywood, music, academia on his side.   Without his OWN Party on his side.

And some here still can tip their caps to him.      **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Hey, there, I am 1/16 Choctaw Indian but I don't have, in my possession, a paper to prove it.  The family knows, back in time, a Faulkner in our family married a Choctaw Indian woman when that tribe stopped for a time in Arkansas on their way to Oklahoma where the government made them go.  That trek was known as the "Trail of Tears".  My maiden name was Marcella Faulkner and my Faulkner grandparents and those before them lived in Arkansas at the original family homestead farm.  My grandfather Faulkner died before I was born so I didn't know him.  I do remember the grandmother when we would visit there every Christmas.  My mother had me when she was in her 40s, so I missed knowing early relatives.  My father and the rest of the older Faulkner family members knew about the Indian part of the family.  It wasn't a big thing, it just happened and they knew it.

I don't know why Warren says she is part Indian, how far back she is going to try to find that.  If it is true, where is her family connection to it?  At least, I know when/how it happened in our family - where is her explanation/family connection?   Does any other one in her family also say that?

By the way, my name isn't Pocahontas.  8888crybaby

@Victoria33

That's a good thing.   :laugh:

My husband's great-great grandmother was Cherokee.  We have a picture of her....a dark-skinned lady with perfectly straight hair as black as oil.
She looked like she could whip some butt.

Warren lied about her heritage...said she was the first "woman of color" to be hired by Harvard Law.  The Cherokee nation investigated her background and her genealogy and found that she was a liar.  They demanded an apology from her.  She's been running from them ever since.

Silver Pines

I refer you to Mesaclone's post above, which lists the items already addressed and/or being worked on...in less than a month.

And he does it all by himself.

Without a suppliant media, Hollywood, music, academia on his side.   Without his OWN Party on his side.

And some here still can tip their caps to him.      **nononono*

@DCPatriot

Oh, I've said that I'll give him credit for good work, as in the Gorsuch appointment.

But hero worship isn't my thing, DC.  Not for anyone, especially a politician.  And I know far too much about Trump to go putting him on a pedestal.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@Victoria33

That's a good thing.   :laugh:

My husband's great-great grandmother was Cherokee.  We have a picture of her....a dark-skinned lady with perfectly straight hair as black as oil.
She looked like she could whip some butt.

Warren lied about her heritage...said she was the first "woman of color" to be hired by Harvard Law.  The Cherokee nation investigated her background and her genealogy and found that she was a liar.  They demanded an apology from her.  She's been running from them ever since.

I have an ancestor on the mother's side that was pure blood Mohawk. My grandmother looked into it for the hell of it. It was her great/great grandmother or some such. I forget off the top of my head. She was well removed from any cutoff for qualifying for tribal membership. Fauxco is such a fraud. The fact that she wasn't crucified for that by her own side is proof positive they only use race for power. And proof positiveof how gutless the GOP is for not pressing the issue considering her supposed 'tribe' called her on it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I have an ancestor on the mother's side that was pure blood Mohawk. My grandmother looked into it for the hell of it. It was her great/great grandmother or some such. I forget off the top of my head. She was well removed from any cutoff for qualifying for tribal membership. Fauxco is such a fraud. The fact that she wasn't crucified for that by her own side is proof positive they only use race for power. And proof positiveof how gutless the GOP is for not pressing the issue considering her supposed 'tribe' called her on it.

I don't know Norm. Where would we be if all of the U.S. Congress called themselves out on their phony BS?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In a meeting with 10 senators, Trump claimed voter fraud in New Hampshire and referred to Warren as “Pocahontas"...

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!!!!

Why were his remarks so gentlemanly toward her?

Why didn't he call her "Lieawatha", like the rest of us ???

Offline Mesaclone

Steal away...anything to get the word out on these policies!

Offline Mesaclone

@DCPatriot

Oh, I've said that I'll give him credit for good work, as in the Gorsuch appointment.

But hero worship isn't my thing, DC.  Not for anyone, especially a politician.  And I know far too much about Trump to go putting him on a pedestal.

NOBODY here puts him on a pedestal...nor do they hero worship him. Ditto for the vast majority of those who voted for him. Truth is....finally...we've found someone who will actually stand up and fight.

Some of you seem to prefer pretty words, good manners and abject failure...how's that been workin' out for ya?

Offline DCPatriot

NOBODY here puts him on a pedestal...nor do they hero worship him. Ditto for the vast majority of those who voted for him. Truth is....finally...we've found someone who will actually stand up and fight.

Some of you seem to prefer pretty words, good manners and abject failure...how's that been workin' out for ya?

And a "tip of the cap" is not hero worship.   

Offline dancer

Trump has multiple agencies at his fingertips that can conduct investigations and produce actual numbers. I Pehear him reaching out to secretaries of state for help with the numbers.
c
All I hear is lots of flapping gums and see no action.

22222frying pan

Apparently, you are unaware that Trump has given sanction to VP Pence to head an investigation into voter fraud?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
22222frying pan

Apparently, you are unaware that Trump has given sanction to VP Pence to head an investigation into voter fraud?

Then Orange Baboon boy needs to STFU and wait for some results.......if any are actually coming.

Offline jpsb

It wasn't an insult.  Warren is a lying bigoted fake Indian and white privileged appropriator of a minority culture.  She deserves to be verbally flayed.

@CatherineofAragon

Curt Shilling, the great pitcher, is seriously considering going after her seat. He refers to her as "Lie-a-watha". So Trump is being nicer by only calling her Pocahontas

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/07/curt-schilling-elizabeth-warren-represents-everything-we-hate-about-politics
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:01:24 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

All his other rants about voter fraud have gone nowhere...you think he'd learn to have something solid and verifiable before he starts talking about this again.

Everytime he starts shouting voter fraud with nothing to back it up...it delegitimizes the claim just a little more.

Cry wolf often enough....

I happen to think voter fraud is far more common then is generally believed. Obama actually encouraged illegals to vote in the past election! Every motor voter state registers them to vote. When turnout exceeds the number of voters living in a district something fishy is going on.