Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Ronaldus Magnus  (Read 1172 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Happy Birthday, Ronaldus Magnus
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »

Happy 106th Birthday to the greatest U.S. President of the 20th Century.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

"We must not look to government to solve our problems. Government is the problem."

"The struggle now going on for the world will never be decided by bombs or rockets, by armies or military might. The real crisis we face today is a spiritual one; at root, it is a test of moral will and faith."

"The one thing our Founding Fathers could not foresee -- they were farmers, professional men, businessmen giving of their time and effort to an idea that became a country -- was a nation governed by professional politicians who had an interest in getting re-elected. They probably envisioned a fellow serving a couple of hitches and then eagerly looking forward to getting back to the farm."

"I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."

"I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing."

" ...we, as Americans, have the capacity now, as we have had in the past, to do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest bastion of freedom."

" It is no coincidence that our present troubles parallel and are proportionate to the intervention and intrusion in our lives that result from unnecessary and excessive growth of government. It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams. We are not, as some would have us believe, doomed to an inevitable decline. I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do."

"We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

" The Unknown Soldier who is returned to us today and whom we lay to rest is symbolic of all our missing sons, and we will present him with the Congressional Medal of Honor, the highest military decoration that we can bestow.

About him we may well wonder, as others have: As a child, did he play on some street in a great American city? Or did he work beside his father on a farm out in America's heartland? Did he marry? Did he have children? Did he look expectantly to return to a bride?

We'll never know the answers to these questions about his life. We do know, though, why he died. He saw the horrors of war but bravely faced them, certain his own cause and his country's cause was a noble one; that he was fighting for human dignity, for free men everywhere. Today we pause to embrace him and all who served us so well in a war whose end offered no parades, no flags, and so little thanks. We can be worthy of the values and ideals for which our sons sacrificed -- worthy of their courage in the face of a fear that few of us will ever experience -- by honoring their commitment and devotion to duty and country.

Many veterans of Vietnam still serve in the Armed Forces, work in our offices, on our farms, and in our factories. Most have kept their experiences private, but most have been strengthened by their call to duty. A grateful nation opens her heart today in gratitude for their sacrifice, for their courage, and for their noble service. Let us, if we must, debate the lessons learned at some other time. Today, we simply say with pride, ``Thank you, dear son. May God cradle you in His loving arms.''

We present to you our nation's highest award, the Congressional Medal of Honor, for service above and beyond the call of duty in action with the enemy during the Vietnam era.

Thank you."

Thank you Mr. President...we sure could use someone like you in D.C. today.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

Re: Happy Birthday, Ronaldus Magnus
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:54:58 pm »
   I so miss this guy, We need an appropriate Honor for him (besides this Forum).

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:03:46 pm »
I miss Reagan.  He was an exceptional man and an exceptional President. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:23:57 pm »
"Honey, I forgot to duck"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:11 pm »
One of the most remarkable things about Reagan is how his words and speeches...even going back to "A Time For Choosing" are so applicable to today and what we're facing as a nation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:01:14 am »
I hope our dem plants don't find this post.

@HonestJohn @Jazzhead @geronl

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:29:02 am »
What a difference between President Reagan and Trump! 

Makes me sad to know that the American people would not choose another Ronald Reagan.  This past election proved people would rather have as president a celebrity with the demeanor of a 9 year old bully in a schoolyard.  How low this nation has sunk. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 12:48:00 am »
A stroll down memory lane. It has been awhile ... it was during the Reagan years and perhaps because of my age back then, I didn't worry. I didn't worry about finances even though we just bought our first home and living paycheck to paycheck.  I certainly wasn't concerned about crime or illegals pouring over the border; in fact, we lived in one of the suburbs outside Detroit and we never locked our doors when we left for the day (no one did in the area).  I didn't worry about the cost of living increasing or the cost of food climbing faster than our paycheck.  ISIS was never heard of and certainly I didn't worry about religious freedom.  I can honestly say I felt secure back then; and I haven't felt that security since then. 

Bush Sr. signed the Immigration Act of 1990, which at the time was the most extensive revision to immigration law in more than a half century and allowed the admission of 700,000 aliens each year. The first Persian war started and he drafted NAFTA.

Clinton became president and the incident at Waco, TX took place, Vince Foster was killed, and he signed NAFTA into law. The first bombing of the World Trade Center took place.  He sent Mexico a $20 Billion emergency loan.  The Oklahoma bombing occurred and also the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole.  Ginsburg was nominated to SCOTUS. He gave himself the authority to line-item veto. Terrorists bombed American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. The sex scandals and Whitewater started to arise, he was impeached but the Senate didn't concur.

With "W" of course we had to deal with 9-11 and the 2nd Gulf war.  Illegal immigration became an issue.  Enron filed bankruptcy.  A war on terror was called covering several Middle East regions.  MA issued same-sex marriage licenses.  John Roberts was nominated as chief justice. He signed a bill to build 700 miles of fence along the Mexico border. Scooter Libby was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice.  The economy lost over 15,000 jobs and Fannie and Freddie were placed under government control. The bank bailouts ... and then we entered the long, and painful Obama years.

Yep, I miss those Reagan years.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:52:25 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:12:41 am »
Reagan was the greatest President of my lifetime,  and, yeah, those were good years for me too.   

I think there's a worthy successor to Reagan out there,  and he's a heartbeat away - Mike Pence.   I give Trump credit for making such a wise choice, especially since he's so hellbent on creating enemies. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:32 am »
   I so miss this guy, We need an appropriate Honor for him (besides this Forum).

Beats closing the Interstate to haul in that chunk of coal from Gillette the Dems wanted to put up there...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:38 am »

Clinton became president and the incident at Waco, TX took place, Vince Foster was killed, and he signed NAFTA into law. The first bombing of the World Trade Center took place.  He sent Mexico a $20 Billion emergency loan.  The Oklahoma bombing occurred and also the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole.  Ginsburg was nominated to SCOTUS. He gave himself the authority to line-item veto. Terrorists bombed American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. The sex scandals and Whitewater started to arise, he was impeached but the Senate didn't concur.
If Bill hadn't been so busy trying to blame everything on what Obama would later call 'bitter clingers', then the terrorist threat to the US might have been more fully realized in time to prevent 9/11. WTC bombing =terrorist act (Islamists) OK City: Terry Nichols wife was from the Philippines and there may have been an Abu Sayef connection. If there was, it was whitewashed in favor of blaming "white guys with guns", just like Flight 800 was blamed on the center fuel tank wiring. Kenya and Tanzania were definite terrorist acts (Islamist again). Don't leave out the Khobar Towers attack (bombing), either. 
Had the focus been on Islamist threats instead of pushing a domestic agenda aimed at gun control and domestic repression, perhaps the Gorelick Memo would not have happened, and 9/11 would have been prevented. Clinton set up the circumstances which led to a bigger, nastier, undeniably Islamist terrorist attack.
Yep, I miss those Reagan years.
They weren't my best economically, but at least I slept well at night.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 07:09:01 am »
He was the best President in my memory, he was President during my formative years. He was what a President should be. We will never see another like him, because he could never get elected in this country which is busy trying to go as low as it can go.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 01:09:14 pm »
If Bill hadn't been so busy trying to blame everything on what Obama would later call 'bitter clingers', then the terrorist threat to the US might have been more fully realized in time to prevent 9/11.

:amen:  IMHO The bombing of the U.S.S. Cole was our first warning from Bin Laden. Bin Laden had been under the radar as early as 1996 and was determined to be a financier of terrorism.  Clinton (though there are conflicting reports) had the opportunity to seize him as he was offered to him by the Sudanese but did not take him as there was no evidence that he had committed any crime against America.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.