Author Topic: That MSNBC Interview Was Not the First Time Kellyanne Conway Referred to the "Bowling Green Massacre"  (Read 824 times)

HonestJohn

Conway used the same wording in a conversation with Cosmopolitan.com on Jan. 29.

By Kristen Mascia
Feb 06, 2017

Kellyanne Conway took to Twitter on Friday to walk back her comments on MSNBC's Hardball about a nonexistent terrorist attack in Bowling Green, Kentucky. However, this wasn't the first time she used the words "Bowling Green massacre" in an on-the-record conversation with a reporter.

In an earlier interview with Cosmopolitan.com, she not only used this same phrase but also went a step further in describing the actions of the two Iraqi men involved in the case to which she was referring.

Defending the president's executive order banning non-U.S. citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the country for 90 days on Hardball With Chris Matthews, Conway invoked what she called the "Bowling Green massacre."

"I bet it’s brand-new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre,” she told Matthews.

Roundly condemned and mocked for the comment (there has never been a terrorist massacre in Bowling Green), Conway tweeted Friday that she meant to say "Bowling Green terrorists” and had made an “honest mistake.”

---

More at:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8674035/kellyanne-conway-bowling-green-massacre-repeat/

HonestJohn

It looks like she, and by extension the Trump administration, were trying to create a false historical narrative.

The classic case of telling a big lie often enough and it becomes 'fact'.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Maybe they're market testing for the rollout of a time travel ban or interdimensional alternate reality travel ban.  :pondering:

Offline Suppressed

There was a Bowling Green massacre!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
LOL, 4Chan is pushing that she isn't lying, it is the Mandela Effect (alternate realities drifting into our reality or some nonsense like that). Probably starting the story to see who will pick it up and try to defend her with it.
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/110941737/bowling-green-massacre-part-of-the-mandela-effect

geronl

We don't need your facts, we make our own!

Offline Frank Cannon

There was a Bowling Green massacre!

That's the wrong one. She talking about the sinkhole at the Corvette Museum....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Another source verifying this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/06/kellyanne-conways-bowling-green-massacre-wasnt-a-slip-of-the-tongue-shes-said-it-before/?utm_term=.6f384851adb5

She's said this to the Cosmopolitan magazine and TMZ.

Makes you wonder if there was some fringe site she goes to that referenced it as such and she read it so much, it stuck, even if it wasn't real.

geronl

Probably the Whirled Nuts Daily, Infowars, Breitbart, or the National Inquirer.

My guess would be Infowarts and I think they spell it Enquirer for some reason