Author Topic: Teamsters President Hoffa Praises Trump: He’s Off to a Good Start  (Read 809 times)

rangerrebew

Teamsters President Hoffa Praises Trump: He’s Off to a Good Start
Posted By Charlie Hoffmann On January 25, 2017 @ 6:15 pm In Politics | No Comments

Teamsters president James Hoffa on Wednesday praised President Donald Trump for his early actions on infrastructure, trade deals, and keeping jobs in the United States.

Fox News host Neil Cavuto had Hoffa on his show to discuss some of the executive orders that Trump has signed since assuming office.

“We welcome it because it’s a beginning of working with unions to help rebuild our infrastructure,” Hoffa said, referring to Trump’s actions on the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines. Hoffa complimented Trump on his work to keep jobs in America, specifically mentioning Trump’s deals with Carrier and Ford Motor Company.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/teamsters-president-praises-trump-hes-off-good-start/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Teamsters President Hoffa Praises Trump: He’s Off to a Good Start
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:34:42 am »
Thought Hoffa was part of an overpass somewhere?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PoloSec

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:10:30 pm »
If high taxation and cheap labor is why companies leave the country then it seems lower taxes corrects only half maybe a third of the problem unless those companies seek out to restart in American states that have no state income tax and that are Right To Work states. 
I think heavy liberal democrat states will continue to suffer until they figure it out.  You can't get much closer to communism than to be forced to join a Union just to get a job and on top of that forced to pay ever increasing grievous wasteful state income tax, the entire package needs to be fixed or we will wind up right back in same condition very quickly.  I wouldn't get excited by a little praise from Unions, history dictates their intentions are nefariously self serving.

Some one could say to me "What Do You Know" about it all; I've only been a causal observer for over sixty years of the disintegration of American culture and prosperity; that is all I know about it mostly just the obvious surface stuff.
Facts, Reason, Logic and Common Sense when consistently applied ultimately leads to the proper conclusion!  It worked for our Founding Fathers.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:15:52 pm »
Given what unions have represented in the modern economy this is worrisome.

If the perpetual whiners complaining about Conways 'alternate facts' or who's gonna pay for the wall would bitch as loudly about this their time would be better served.