Author Topic: News Trump puts RFK Jr – who has railed against a vaccine ‘holocaust’ – in charge of new commission on vaccine safety  (Read 9501 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

You're kids are fine and that's wonderful.  I have a friend who has 4 children; 3 out of the 4 are autistic with the 4th too young yet to really make the determination. All of them have had their vaccines; there is nothing else in the scenario (other than a genetic possibility) to indicate anything else could be the cause. She lived in different states while pregnant so environment is unlikely and prenatal care was administered by different doctors, so that is unlikely as well.  My nephew's son was fine until around the age of the last vaccines in early childhood; he is in the military and was stationed in Germany so environment may play a factor.  I think there is more than one trigger for autism.

When my son was younger (and I'm 50+ something) he ran a high fever after his first series of the MMR vaccine and the doctor lowered the dose for the next series of shots. My son never received the very last dose later.  I've reflected back on this many times and in my opinion, there was question then as to the link to autism or other disorders and vaccines.  My son thankfully is fine.  My daughter in one of her classes in college discussed this issue at length with one of her professors.  When it was time for her son to be vaccinated she requested that her son be given the vaccines separately rather than together as the binding agent to some in the medical profession at the time was suspect.

Cases of autism have escalated drastically and along with it, every child is mandated to have vaccines before he/she can enter school. I am by no means an expert, I can only go on experiences that are close to me.  Something is happening to these kids.  Something is happening for the cases of autism to be increasing at an alarming rate.  One in 68 U.S. children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a 30% increase from 1 in 88 two years ago, according to a new report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Mar 28, 2014).

So ... if there is nothing linking these kids to anything in the environment than it leaves two things; either something that mothers are given during their prenatal care; vitamins, ultrasounds, etc., or something that these children are encountering such as vaccines that are MANDATED by our government in order to attend school and all children ARE mandated to attend school and they are making it increasingly difficult to home school our children.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/health/cdc-autism/

My best friend has two autistic, savant children, young adults.  She home schooled them until college and refused the infant vaccines.  Neither had any vaccines until they were in their mid to late teens.  Honestly, both my friend and her husband are on the autistic spectrum, but they are higher functioning than their children.

My husband is on the autistic spectrum.  Almost all the engineer types I know are on the autistic spectrum.  Mostly, they are on the high functioning  end, but that varies a lot.  A high percentage of them (my husband included) need help to manage normal life.

Given an opportunity it they would have shuffled my grandson into that category simply because his IQ is high enough that he thinks and reacts differently than the norm for his age.

I've also seen parents and educators  blame vaccines for children's problems that should be blamed on bad parenting.

I am not willing to say that vaccines are totally without risk, but my personal experience inclines me toward believing that some families are predisposed toward a certain type of brain configuration that is labeled "autism".

I won't get on my soap box about labeling kids.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline libertybele

My best friend has two autistic, savant children, young adults.  She home schooled them until college and refused the infant vaccines.  Neither had any vaccines until they were in their mid to late teens.  Honestly, both my friend and her husband are on the autistic spectrum, but they are higher functioning than their children.

My husband is on the autistic spectrum.  Almost all the engineer types I know are on the autistic spectrum.  Mostly, they are on the high functioning  end, but that varies a lot.  A high percentage of them (my husband included) need help to manage normal life.

Given an opportunity it they would have shuffled my grandson into that category simply because his IQ is high enough that he thinks and reacts differently than the norm for his age.

I've also seen parents and educators  blame vaccines for children's problems that should be blamed on bad parenting.

I am not willing to say that vaccines are totally without risk, but my personal experience inclines me toward believing that some families are predisposed toward a certain type of brain configuration that is labeled "autism".

I won't get on my soap box about labeling kids.

I hear what you are saying, but there is absolutely no denying that cases of autism have increased dramatically within the past couple of years. Those countries where vaccines aren't as prevalent or not given in the doses and as frequently as the U.S.  see less of an incidence of autism. However,  Japan has the highest rate of autism in the world and they did a study where a number of 7 year olds had no vaccines but yet  their autism numbers still multiplied.  Perhaps vaccines are mutating genes and these genes are now being passed on and yes in essence predisposing more families for autism.  In theory, then those who are already predisposed for autism, once they receive vaccines it may trigger that gene and may be why we are seeing such an increase.  Just my theory.  I am not a doctor, pediatrician or a geneticist (obviously ...lol).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hear what you are saying, but there is absolutely no denying that cases of autism have increased dramatically within the past couple of years. Those countries where vaccines aren't as prevalent or not given in the doses and as frequently as the U.S.  see less of an incidence of autism. However,  Japan has the highest rate of autism in the world and they did a study where a number of 7 year olds had no vaccines but yet  their autism numbers still multiplied.  Perhaps vaccines are mutating genes and these genes are now being passed on and yes in essence predisposing more families for autism.  In theory, then those who are already predisposed for autism, once they receive vaccines it may trigger that gene and may be why we are seeing such an increase.  Just my theory.  I am not a doctor, pediatrician or a geneticist (obviously ...lol).

Yes, and I suspect that we over-diagnose.  And, I think I'm correct in that with a diagnosis of autism spectrum, one is eligible for SSI and schools get extra funding for those students. 

Offline libertybele

Yes, and I suspect that we over-diagnose.  And, I think I'm correct in that with a diagnosis of autism spectrum, one is eligible for SSI and schools get extra funding for those students.

I reside in Florida.  I have not heard schools getting extra funding and from what I've heard, it is difficult to find schools and teachers that deal with autism.  As for SSI, I had no idea, but you are correct...and here you have it ... yet another reason why autism is on the rise in the U.S.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I am flabbergasted right now!

If your child is under age 18 and has autism, and you have low income and assets, your child may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits under the Social Security Act. If you are over age 18 and have autism, you may qualify for either Social Security disability (SSDI/SSD) benefits or SSI benefits.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-disability-benefits-autism.html

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:53:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I reside in Florida.  I have not heard schools getting extra funding and from what I've heard, it is difficult to find schools and teachers that deal with autism.  As for SSI, I had no idea, but you are correct...and hear you have it ... yet another reason why autism is on the rise in the U.S.

If your child is under age 18 and has autism, and you have low income and assets, your child may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits under the Social Security Act. If you are over age 18 and have autism, you may qualify for either Social Security disability (SSDI/SSD) benefits or SSI benefits.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-disability-benefits-autism.html

Libertybele, remember we are talking about the new definition of autism, which includes children that would have in the past just been labeled as very introverted or a bit odd.  And, yes, schools do get extra funding for those students.

Offline musiclady

Intent to do what?  Kennedy is bad news no matter what Barron has or doesn't have.

Agree.

Kennedy is a partisan idiot and shouldn't be trusted to be "in charge" of anything.

The discussion of autism here is fascinating, but the bottom line is that Kennedy is out of his mind.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Libertybele, remember we are talking about the new definition of autism, which includes children that would have in the past just been labeled as very introverted or a bit odd.  And, yes, schools do get extra funding for those students.

Gottcha.  Thanks for the info and it certainly explains a lot. 

Offline musiclady

Some of those changes are good, and some bad.

While some children may get more help than they used to because they legitimately do have special needs, others are misdiagnosed or over diagnosed in order to make them behave (ADHD) or get more funds from the government.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/robert-kennedy-jr-vaccines-trump-233547

RFK Jr. says he'll leave environmental group to head Trump vaccine commission

By Arthur Allen

01/12/17 01:15 PM EST

Updated 01/12/17 01:05 PM EST

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told members of his environmental group late Wednesday that he expects to temporarily leave it to chair a vaccine safety commission he has been discussing with President-elect Donald Trump and his aides for more than a month.

Kennedy, who's pushed the widely discredited link between vaccines and autism for years, announced the commission Tuesday after a meeting at Trump Tower. Several hours later, however, the Trump team appeared to walk back the idea, releasing a statement that said Trump had not made a decision on whether to establish an “autism” commission.

Trump aides did not respond to a request for comment Thursday.

In the email Wednesday night to members of the Waterkeepers Alliance, which Kennedy leads, he provided additional details on the vaccine commission and suggested Trump has a stronger level of interest than previously reported.

Trump repeatedly has made statements and tweets over the past five years, endorsing the disproven theory that vaccination causes autism.

Kennedy said Trump had “reached out to me through intermediaries” on Dec. 4, leading to detailed discussions with the transition team on the role and composition of the commission. After his meeting with Trump and staff, he agreed to chair the commission for a year, Kennedy said. However, he said he's still waiting "to see the transition team’s detailed proposal before making my commitment final.”

Medical groups throughout the country expressed alarm at the idea of a Kennedy-led safety commission. They point out that dozens of studies over the past 17 years have shown vaccines are safe and do not cause autism or other disorders as Kennedy claims.

If he takes the job, Kennedy said, he’ll resign as Waterkeepers attorney, a job that he says, "requires me to criticize the president.”

Kennedy agonized over the decision, he said, because of his political differences with Trump. But “the complete lack of other credible leaders on this particular issue makes my decision necessary."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/robert-kennedy-jr-vaccines-trump-233547

RFK Jr. says he'll leave environmental group to head Trump vaccine commission

By Arthur Allen

01/12/17 01:15 PM EST

Updated 01/12/17 01:05 PM EST

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told members of his environmental group late Wednesday that he expects to temporarily leave it to chair a vaccine safety commission he has been discussing with President-elect Donald Trump and his aides for more than a month.

Kennedy, who's pushed the widely discredited link between vaccines and autism for years, announced the commission Tuesday after a meeting at Trump Tower. Several hours later, however, the Trump team appeared to walk back the idea, releasing a statement that said Trump had not made a decision on whether to establish an “autism” commission.

Trump aides did not respond to a request for comment Thursday.

Well this is odd.

Wingnut

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:09:56 pm by Wingnut »

Offline libertybele

Offline skeeter

Offline musiclady

Offline Hoodat

@ConstitutionRose

Is this really you, Honey?

I got plenty of that growing up.  Only child of a single alcoholic parent did quite a number on me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
"Kennedy agonized over the decision, he said, because of his political differences with Trump. But “the complete lack of other credible leaders on this particular issue makes my decision necessary.""

**nononono*

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline corbe

Breaking News.

Trump to Name Al Gore as new Climate Czar.

www.nytimes.com/algore/announcement/

What's scary is enough people (including me) thought it plausible enough to 'click the link'
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

What's scary is enough people (including me) thought it plausible enough to 'click the link'

When a "Republican" starts naming Democrates who push junk science positions to department heads... it ain't to far of a stretch!

Offline libertybele

Wingnut

I should have known!     This is embarasking!

I am truly sorry...  But I'm still pissed at you for your  "Paul Anka" diss! :silly: :silly: :silly: :beer:

Offline musiclady

That's what I thought!    :smokin:

Carrying things to their logical conclusion.

Oh, yeah............ and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!   oooooo
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:00:53 am by musiclady »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think this article gave me autism. My wife found me in he corner of the bedroom last night with my teddy bear and blankie, thumping the wall with the side of my head, drooling, and repeating OMG...F...OMG...F...

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley