Author Topic: Donald Trump Interviewed Mitt Romney to ‘Torture’ Him, Roger Stone Says  (Read 1244 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump’s long-time but informal adviser Roger Stone says the Secretary of State job was dangled in front of Mitt Romney in order to “torture” him for previously opposing the president-elect.

During a Sunday appearance on InfoWars with Alex Jones, a conspiratorial media outlet that has become a mouthpiece of the next president, Stone called Romney a “choker” and said that Trump was simply toying with him.....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/12/donald-trump-interviewed-mitt-romney-to-torture-him-roger-stone-says.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm not buying this.  I think the strength of the opposition to Romney surprised Trump.

Hearing the opposition to his appointment and all the reasons why he wouldn't be a good fit, I expected Romney to voluntarily withdraw his name.  I was rather surprised when he did not.

I think the dinner was an opportunity for Romney to address the opposition and if you look at this picture, especially Priebus (his big fan), I don't think Mitt closed the deal.  I think he could have, but failed to do so.  [Full disclosure:  If Romney is not selected as the SOS appointment, I will not be unhappy.]

Online corbe

I'm not buying this.  I think the strength of the opposition to Romney surprised Trump.

Hearing the opposition to his appointment and all the reasons why he wouldn't be a good fit, I expected Romney to voluntarily withdraw his name.  I was rather surprised when he did not.

I think the dinner was an opportunity for Romney to address the opposition and if you look at this picture, especially Priebus (his big fan), I don't think Mitt closed the deal.  I think he could have, but failed to do so.  [Full disclosure:  If Romney is not selected as the SOS appointment, I will not be unhappy.]

I'm not buying your premise.

IMHO

Ol Mitch could have got Romney through the Senate with the required 51, Tillerson is looking rather poorly for Confirmation, at this moment.
   He's playin Carly now just as he played Mitt.
   I did not read 'The Art of the Deal', Did you?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I'm not buying your premise.

IMHO

Ol Mitch could have got Romney through the Senate with the required 51, Tillerson is looking rather poorly for Confirmation, at this moment.
   He's playin Carly now just as he played Mitt.
   I did not read 'The Art of the Deal', Did you?

That's what first occurred to me when I read about the Carly possible appointment.

The depths Trump will sink to have not yet been plumbed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm not sure how he thinks Trump could torture Romney.

For all we know Romney told Captain Clownhair to shove it .

Offline cato potatoe

Trump was, is, and will always be a con artist.  Who didn't see this coming, besides Mitt?  Perhaps it is better that he lost.

Offline Suppressed

Donald Trump’s long-time but informal adviser Roger Stone says the Secretary of State job was dangled in front of Mitt Romney in order to “torture” him for previously opposing the president-elect.

I thought the monikers "Man-child" or "Boy-King" were very appropriate for Obama.

Never did I dream we'd get stuck with someone for whom they were even more appropriate!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

I Hope This Isn’t True About Trump

By Steve Berman  |  December 13, 2016, 08:00am  |  @stevengberman

If there was something I hope to God is fake news, it’s this.

Roger Stone told Alex Jones in an episode of Infowars:

“Donald Trump was interviewing Mitt Romney for Secretary of State in order to torture him,” Stone claimed on the program. “To toy with him. And given the history, that’s completely understandable. Mitt Romney crossed a line. He didn’t just oppose Trump, which is his democratic right, he called him a phony and a fraud. And a con man. And that’s not the kind of man you want as Secretary of State.”

Now, of course, it’s Infowars, the fount of fake news, and it’s Roger Stone, the turbo pump of prevarication, speaking. If there was anything that is more likely to be fake, it’s this.

But Trump has a mean streak. It’s not out of character for him to do something like this, so it has a kernel of truth, the ring of possibility in it.

We do know that Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Jacobs tweeted that Trump called Romney to tell him he’s not getting SecState.

The whole world is now reporting that Trump has decided to pick Rex Tillerson for that job, which is troublesome. It’s not that Tillerson himself is a problem, but the appearance of a quid pro quo with Vladimir Putin is just horrible optics for a new administration.

If Stone, a decades-long friend of Trump, is right (and I have to admit he’s been right about a few things, as gross as it is to write that), this would prove a very dark side of the Trump administration. A side where political opponents are not just defeated, but humiliated, made to kneel before Zod, suffer, writhe, and skulk away nursing their violated souls.

If that’s the Donald Trump who will be in the White House, the ghost of Richard Nixon is smiling right now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Roger Stone wrote a JFK assassination book blaming LBJ for the assassination. I think that is a far out theory and coming out with theories like that hurts his personal capital with me. He's just a bit of a charlatan. He is real smart for what he does.

Offline Frank Cannon

Stone is an asshat who says absurd stuff just to be noticed. Tillerson is going to be destroyed in the hearings for his love affair for Putin. Donny is going to wish he had Mitt up there instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Donald Trump Interviewed Mitt Romney to ‘Torture’ Him, Roger Stone Says
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »
Stone is an asshat who says absurd stuff just to be noticed. Tillerson is going to be destroyed in the hearings for his love affair for Putin. Donny is going to wish he had Mitt up there instead.

Tillerson also says he supports carbon taxes and believes in Global Warming.

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Donald Trump Interviewed Mitt Romney to ‘Torture’ Him, Roger Stone Says
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/14/politics/mitt-romney-donald-trump-apology/index.html

Team Trump required a public apology from Romney and he wouldn't give it.