Author Topic: Media has a problem with Trump’s tweets; stirs debate about free speech vs. ‘mass intimidation’  (Read 512 times)

rangerrebew

Media has a problem with Trump’s tweets; stirs debate about free speech vs. ‘mass intimidation’
December 10, 2016 | Tom Tillison | Print Article   

Based on a supposition that Donald Trump‘s social media offerings equate to “insults and attacks,” The Hill said Saturday the president-elect’s tweets are stirring a debate about “intimidation.”

Front and center in the report is Chuck Jones, a union official at Carrier’s Indianapolis plant who made himself a part of the story when he said publicly that Trump “lied his ass off” about the terms of the deal to keep Carrier jobs in the U.S.

The union boss said later he endured threats after Trump responded to his attack on Twitter:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12/10/media-problem-trumps-tweets-stirs-debate-free-speech-vs-mass-intimidation-422353
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:02:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

Taking to Twitter is the hallmark of immaturity.  Trump is acting like a bullying teenager.  Not what I want in a president. 

Sadly, many of Trump's followers have never matured beyond age 12.  It's unfortunatee that Mr. Jones is being threatened for telling the truth. 

rangerrebew

The only mass intimidation I'm aware of is the media  888buttkisser Obama's keister then using slurs of racism on anyone who didn't agree with them.  THAT is intimidation.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Taking to Twitter is the hallmark of immaturity.  Trump is acting like a bullying teenager.  Not what I want in a president. 

Sadly, many of Trump's followers have never matured beyond age 12.  It's unfortunatee that Mr. Jones is being threatened for telling the truth.

:thumbsup:

Trump sounds and acts like a moron on Twitter. That bothers me. I want a President I can be proud of, not some idiot with a computer.