Author Topic: The Tweeter-in-chief  (Read 843 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Tweeter-in-chief
« on: November 21, 2016, 03:15:26 am »
http://theweek.com/articles/662747/tweeterinchief

In the week after he was elected president of the United States, Donald Trump sent 22 tweets, six of which were attacks on The New York Times over stories that he found insufficiently complimentary. He said things like, "The failing @nytimes story is so totally wrong on transition. It is going so smoothly," and "The @nytimes states today that DJT believes 'more countries should acquire nuclear weapons.' How dishonest are they. I never said this!" (Guess what, he did.)

Offline musiclady

Re: The Tweeter-in-chief
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:23:01 am »
My biggest prayer is that Trump does nothing but Tweet and leaves governance to moral, responsible, competent people.

If so, we may just survive the next four years.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:24:28 am »
My biggest prayer is that Trump does nothing but Tweet and leaves governance to moral, responsible, competent people.

If so, we may just survive the next four years.......

So far he's basically operating as a TV and theater critic. LIke having Roger Ebert as president.

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:25:17 am »

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Amazing how the haters & losers keep tweeting the name “F**kface Von Clownstick” like they are so original & like no one else is doing it...
12:35 PM - 3 May 2013
  35,970 35,970 Retweets   32,396 32,396 likes

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:33:17 am »
    Revisiting the Past for some ol' nostalgia

He needs Rehab or something.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.