Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Backs Possible Trump Nominees, Slams Rand Paul Filibuster Threat  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Lindsey Graham Backs Possible Trump Nominees, Slams Rand Paul Filibuster Threat
Thursday, November 17, 2016 04:51 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Sen. Lindsey Graham Thursday endorsed the candidates whom President-elect Donald Trump is considering for his administration and dismissed threats by fellow Sen. Rand Paul to filibuster two possible nominees for secretary of state.

Here are the South Carolina Republican's thoughts:

On former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani as secretary of State:

"The overwhelming majority of Republican senators have the utmost respect for Rudy Giuliani.
    "He led the nation and New York through 9/11.
    "He's a citizen of the world who is eminently qualified to serve as Secretary of State."
    On former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton as secretary of state:
    "He was United Nations Ambassador under President George W. Bush.
    "He is a reformer who would turn the State Department upside down and make it work better.
    "He understands who our friends and enemies are. We see the world in very similar ways."
    "I believe an overwhelming majority of Republican senators would support either candidate and some Democrats would too.
    "You will never convince me that Giuliani and Bolton are not qualified to serve at this level."

On South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as secretary of state:

"She's done a good job as governor of South Carolina.
    "She's talented, capable and would do a good job in any assignment given to her.
    "Nikki is a traditional Republican when it comes to foreign policy, more like Ronald Reagan than Rand Paul.
    "I like her a lot. I would certainly support her."

On Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court:

"We are replacing Justice Antonin Scalia, who was probably the most conservative justice on the Supreme Court.
    "Ted Cruz is a constitutional conservative in the mold of Justice Scalia.
    "If you are looking for a Scalia-type figure, Ted Cruz fits the bill.
    "We have had our differences, but even his worst critics cannot say Ted Cruz is not one of the smartest, most gifted lawyers in the country.
    "If you are looking for someone like Justice Scalia to serve on the Supreme Court, take a look at Ted Cruz."

On Paul's threat Wednesday to filibuster the nominations of Giuliani and Bolton as the nation's top diplomat, Graham said that "you could put the number of Republicans who will follow Rand Paul's advice on national security in a very small car.

"Rand is my friend, but he's a libertarian and an outlier in the party on these issues.

"The fact that Sen. Paul opposes Bolton and Giuliani will not keep them from serving."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-john-bolton-rudy-giuliani/2016/11/17/id/759510/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Graham has as much integrity as Hillary Clinton.

Offline Vulcan

"If you are looking for someone like Justice Scalia to serve on the Supreme Court, take a look at Ted Cruz."

:beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

Go back to your gay bath house you fruit. No one wants to hear what you say.