Author Topic: George Soros Spends Millions to Bury Republicans, Elect Liberal Prosecutors - Wash. Times  (Read 309 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
George Soros Spends Millions to Bury Republicans, Elect Liberal Prosecutors
Published November 17, 2016

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Republican Matthew McCord was feeling pretty good about the $12,000 he had raised for his campaign for Henry County district attorney when he was blindsided by a September surprise.
New York billionaire George Soros dumped $147,000 into Georgia Safety & Justice, an independent-expenditure committee registered on Aug. 26, aimed at defeating Mr. McCord and electing his opponent, Democrat Darius Pattillo.

After recovering from the shock, Mr. McCord, a former prosecutor in Clayton and Newton counties, did what he thought was best for himself and the party: He dropped out of the race, allowing Mr. Pattillo to run unopposed.

“It was horrible,” said Mr. McCord, a lawyer in private practice in McDonough. “They rented space, they had a staff, they were using a Washington, D.C.-based PR firm. So what I knew was they could say whatever they wanted to say about me. It didn’t matter if it was true, and I would have no way to respond.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/16/george-soros-spends-millions-to-bury-republicans-e/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:25:02 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's not just a question of sticking to conservative principles and everything works out well, you have the mega-rich and others working to subvert our system with billions.