Author Topic: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag  (Read 21969 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

Please!   Please follow that advice!   Please give us no more of  your input!   We are beyond hope!   

Your wisdom is lost on we swine.   Cast not your pearls before us!
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2016, 04:27:41 pm »

Voting for Donald Trump is a bigger Sin than voting for Hillary?   Are you sure you want to go with this?

No.  I plainly stated the reasons why in my reply.  You twisted the scriptures to suggest Jesus abolished a Law of God to promote a 'greater' Law of God. That never happened.

But to answer your question specifically - for me, voting for EITHER Trump or Hillary is a sin.

Both of them represent what is anathema to my faith, my core and my principles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2016, 04:29:00 pm »
You aren't confronting it. You're joining it.

Voting for Trump is distasteful for me.   I wanted Cruz,  who is a conservative philosopher and I believe of good character.   

I have been forced into a position where I have to pick a boorish @$$hole or an Evil Witch.    I am recognizing the reality that the Evil Witch will likely be far worse than the Boorish @$$hole,  but this  does not cause me to embrace this distasteful decision that fate has put in front of me.   

I will drink from the cup,  not run away  like a coward.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

How do you feel about pedophiles or necrophiles?

Really? Comparing these cretins to the average gay person?

@DiogenesLamp

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2016, 04:33:40 pm »

One other aspect of that is a bit frightening:
Trump doesn't handle insults and criticism well. He can't let it go.
This could be detrimental in things as small as a fight over a bill in congress or as large as a threat of war from another country.
How far does he go to to get his "revenge" on those he thinks have "wronged" him?

And here is truth.    Yes,  Trump appears petty and vindictive,    but we have the exact same issue with the other candidate which we weigh in the balance,  and so therefore on this point,  it is a wash.   

Either way,  we will get a President that exhibits characteristics of pettiness and vindictiveness. 

I only hope that the perceived dignity of the office coupled with his advisers will constrain his behavior somewhat. 

I also hold out hope that this display of vindictiveness is just a schtick,   that it is part of his "Trump"  act,   and that he is really smarter than that,   but I don't hold out a lot of hope in this regard. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2016, 04:36:07 pm »

So in other words,  you won't provide any evidence of your claims,  but we should still take your assertions seriously?   

I cannot make serious decisions on the basis of your say so.   

I'm not asking you or anyone else to make a decision for yourself based on what I assert for myself.  I told you why I AM NOT VOTING FOR TRUMP.

I do not care if you do.  It doesn't matter to me.

Nuts abound on the internet,  and when someone urges you to do something without presenting evidence,  the odds are that you are dealing with one.

Well, my discernment and judgement of his life, his statements before and during this fiasco of a campaign, his fruits and his sowing discord and division against every single Conservative who refused to kiss his ring - made my decision for me.  I do not give a crap that you do not like the evidence I draw from to make that discernment.

I will drink from the cup,  not run away  like a coward

That is damn near blasphemy.  Your choice is not one that will bring salvation to mankind - even if you think it does.  To equate 'drinking from the cup' parroting Christ's willing submission to torture and death so as to use His own blood upon the mercy seat to tear down the veil separating us from the Father - with a stupid election featuring two crass, abominable and vulgar creatures seeking the power of high office - is beyond offensive.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2016, 04:36:07 pm »

@DiogenesLamp

Are you telling me people can control their sexual attractions?   That they can chose not to be attracted to Children or Dead people?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2016, 04:38:26 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

We "lost" the right to Freedom of Association when the Communists took over control of the Dim Party and used that as a wedge issue to keep blacks and whites fighting each other,so the whole "homosexual thing" (NOT "gay"!) isn't even a factor.

Because of that absurd nonsense no one that is Caucasian can not decide who they will or will not rent or sell their property to,where their children can go to school,who they can refuse to hire or fire,etc,etc,etc.

Where were you when all that was going on?

Goldwater was correct about the abuse to which the 1964 civil rights act would lead.

Prescient.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

I will drink from the cup,  not run away  like a coward.

While I don't think voting third party is cowardice,  I understand your position.  I will likely not make my decision until I am in the voting booth.   Pennsylvania may well decide the election.   I understand my responsibility.   

The issue that troubles me now is the spectre of Nixon in 1972.   Nixon and his minions successfully concealed his mendacity until after the election.   The result was to both plunge the nation into a Constitutional crisis,  and ultimately to pave the way for a wave of Democratic victories in 1976.  Clinton,  if elected, will be under federal criminal investigation when she takes office.  While my partisan self relishes the chance to exploit her criminality to boost the prospects of conservatives in 2018 and beyond, my less-partisan self knows full well that her shit hitting the fan will weaken the nation and leave us vulnerable to crises both military and spiritual. 

Shall I vote for a new Nixon or a new Mussolini?   How the hell does one make a choice as bankrupt as that?   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2016, 04:39:14 pm »

It's a fair question. Remember, a few decades ago gays were cretins too... and a few decades before that, hetero swingers were likewise. Predictably, within a decade, the argument will be made for the poor right-deprived pedophiles.

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »
He's a carnival barker, a mass manipulator, someone who knows how to play on the base emotions of fear, greed, and anger. He's doing a bang up job of it.

And this is how I see him too.   He's a natural manipulator and he has decades of experience working among the best manipulators.    He also takes risks,  and he often wins.   

He's got some  talent and he's not stupid,  despite some of his behavior that indicates he sometimes is.   He's actually pretty canny when you look at some of what he has done. 

I reckon that makes him a 'good' politician, but a statesman he isn't.

Let us hope that after reaching the pinnacle of his ego driven existence,  he will have no place to go but "statesmanship."   

It is the only way in which he can increase his perceived respect level,  and therefore I think that is the direction he will go. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »
Who said I'm gullible? I know the guy is a cad, a0hole, jerk, changes his position etc. I do believe him though when he said he changed his position on abortion-I thought it was heartfelt.

I don't particularly like the guy but I would take him over corrupt Hillary any day.

@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon

He's corrupt as well.

But why do you choose to believe his flip-flop on abortion when he recently said (as has been said above by @Idaho_Cowboy ) that he supports (present tense) Planned Parenthood.?  No pro-life person supports an organization that makes its money slaughtering human beings.

He's lying about being pro-life, just like he's lying about everything else.  And I believe it is gullible to believe otherwise.  There is nothing distinctive about his pro-life lie to separate it from all the other lies he tells.

@mirraflake
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:49:20 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2016, 04:50:46 pm »
You should just shut up while you're ahead about folks who are voting third party.   At least they're not affirmatively voting to defeat Trump (that is, by voting for Hillary).   They are effectively voting to stay neutral in a lesser-of-two evils election.

But if you put the question to me directly about who's worse,  then I say Trump -  because he's just so friggin' nuts.  Hillary as President inspires no one and will be crippled from day one.  I for one fear the next four years under Trump far more than I do Hillary,  who will be under investigation from the moment she takes office.  Hillary can be dealt with and contained.    Trump?  He's just not stable. 

Would you rather me vote to defeat Trump or to stay neutral?   

Be careful what you wish for, bub.   

If you intend to do evil,  don't do it in half measures.   Go full throated. 

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2016, 04:56:40 pm »
It's a fair question. Remember, a few decades ago gays were cretins too... and a few decades before that, hetero swingers were likewise. Predictably, within a decade, the argument will be made for the poor right-deprived pedophiles.

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake

That's an argument that the left cannot accept.  They screech that pedophilia is wrong while ignoring that a short time ago, society recognized that homosexuality was wrong.

They don't see the downhill slide in morality and discernment that is so obvious because they refuse to recognize what is really happening.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2016, 04:59:11 pm »

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake

Same tired old argument. It was not that long ago people were burned at the stake for being witches when most likely they would have been diagnosed today with mental illness. Much of white Christian America also was against blacks being the Army among whites (90% of the US was against Trumans act) or being in integrated neighborhoods

Gay, hetero swingers is consensual,  pedofhilia is not.

@roamer_1

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake @roamer_1

Up until about 1978 the gays and pedophiles were working together to advance normalization of their cause.   According to the gay leaders at the time they decided to separate from the pedophiles because it was hampering normalization of their agenda.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

I submit to you that refusing to choose any known evil whatsoever is hardly lukewarm.

However, choosing a lesser evil because you think it is better is as lukewarm of the faith as it gets.

‘These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’” - Matthew 15:8-9
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:00:27 pm by INVAR »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:55 pm »

Wait just a cotton picking minute here. You've been waxing eloquent about how Jesus wants us to pick the lesser evil sin and telling us how we should aim to be lukewarm if the only other option is cold. How you tell us that's not what Jesus wants. You have some schizophrenic Bible interpretation there. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »
[...] not run away  like a coward.

The cowardly act is to eschew the very principles you stand upon for the convenience of the moment. Whether out of fear or some misguided notion.

The premise that I am operating under is that the Republicans have been rendered utterly useless precisely due to your line of thought - Somehow, a liberal Republican is better than a liberal Democrat...

The explicit effect of the voting practices like these have filled the halls of Congress with Republicans, no doubt - But also, at the same time, filled  it more so with liberals, to the point that owning both houses has been completely ineffectual in stopping one of the most communist administrations ever foisted on the American people.

Voting for liberals, lesser or otherwise, continues the downward spiral to the day we accept our chains.

Voting for liberals ENDS Conservatism. I will do it no longer, and I care not about your fears.
Better the enemy outside of the gate than the enemy within. We've quite enough knives in our backs, thank you.

Offline pjohns

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2016, 05:07:10 pm »
That is how you appeal to the conservative Christians, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFXhCP412g&feature=share

I am guessing that Donald Trump thinks that he already has the vote of conservative Christians; so now he is "reaching out" to others to demonstrate that he is not a "bigot."

Of course, just why he would imagine that the LGBT "community" would enthusiastically embrace him, I have no idea. 

But perhaps he hopes, by doing this, to gain the semi-approval of the MSM...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2016, 05:07:26 pm »
Poor, sad HAPPY is OBSESSED with Laura Bush's views on abortion.

Maybe she wasn't well enough informed to know Laura wasn't on the ballot........ or isn't now.

Or maybe she wrote Laura's name in and is ticked because she didn't do her homework before she voted.

Or maybe she just posts that incessantly to try to pretend that her beloved Donald isn't FAR MORE PRO-ABORTION than even Laura Bush was.

Happy has issues.........
If you had stopped typing after the first five words of your reply, it would have been concise, insightful and..........perfect!
@musiclady

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »
They don't see the downhill slide in morality and discernment that is so obvious because they refuse to recognize what is really happening.

What is happening is a screaming yellow bobsled run straight to hell. And they're yelling, "Faster! Faster!"

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »
Gay, hetero swingers is consensual,  pedofhilia is not.

OOh! I know! Lets just lower the age of consent sommore! That'll fix EVERYTHING!!!

Watch and see.
@mirraflake

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2016, 05:18:14 pm »

Up until about 1978 the gays and pedophiles were working together to advance normalization of their cause.   According to the gay leaders at the time they decided to separate from the pedophiles because it was hampering normalization of their agenda.

It's coming around again - it must. If homosexuality is made 'normal', then so too, necessarily, their means of recruitment.

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake @driftdiver
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:19:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2016, 05:59:48 pm »

Don't care if he is,  so long as he appoints the conservative judges he agreed to nominate.   Now whether or not he will keep his word on this is a valid concern,   but a "maybe" with Trump is better than a "definitely not"  with Hillary.

Trump isn't going to appoint Conservative judges.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!