Author Topic: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag  (Read 21985 times)

Offline mirraflake

Re: Trump waving the LGBT rainbow flag
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2016, 10:30:17 pm »
Bullcrap. I have every right to raise my family in the absence of homosexual influences, feminism, sexual promiscuity, and all the other aberrant behaviors liberalism has wrought.

Didn't you say you was divorced? Divorce Has done more to unravel fabric of society than anything else
@roamer_1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »
@sneakypete @roamer_1

"in the privacy of their own home".  That line has been used against traditional values for a long time and its been very successful in furthering the radical leftist & gay agenda.

The govt defines what a 'bedroom' is.  They define how many doors, windows, closets and in some areas how big it must be in order to classify as a bedroom.   They force manufacturers to put little tags on our pillows and mattresses and make people afraid to take them off.   They dictate what materials can & cannot be used in the mattress, dressers, carpet, drapes, paint, lights, light bulbs and every other aspect of the private "bedroom".  The govt can choose to monitor your phone calls, your emails, your internet traffic from your "bedroom".  They tell you how you have to store the firearm you have in your bedroom for protection.

So the govt is already up to its eyeballs in our bedrooms.   But we're not supposed to care if its two people of the same gender having sex.   How about if they are raping someone, perhaps a child?   Or beating someone or maybe even killing someone.   Should we not care what is being done in the privacy of their own home then?

Of course we should care; what we do impacts other people.  It effects our society, our neighborhood, our state and our children.

@driftdiver

Do you want to use the force of government to tell other Americans what they can watch on tv,listen to on the radio,read in the papers,or discuss with their friend?

Do you dream of being a Block Warden in the Brave New Reich?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:39:48 pm by MOD3 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
Rape, child abuse and domestic violence all share a common element - a perp and a non-consenting victim.

Whether two folks of the same gender are having consensual relations behind closed doors is of absolutely no concern to me,  and ought to be of no concern to the government.   

However, the issue of marriage equality is a matter of the equal protection of the law.   Churches have the absolute right to preach against it,  and that's fine, but the government is violating the Constitution when it sanctions CIVIL marriage for straights but not for gays.   

@Jazzhead

NAILED IT!

We are either all free,or none of us are free. I have no idea why so many people have so much trouble understanding such a simple concept.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2016, 10:36:26 pm »
Didn't you say you was divorced? Divorce Has done more to unravel fabric of society than anything else
@roamer_1

And my accusation has always been against easy divorce and promiscuity being the first fault. That does nothing to excuse further degradation which has happened since then (certainly to include homosexuality). It all destroys families. and it all destroys polite society.

For Pete's sake... What is it now, 50-something genders? Divorce almost so prevalent as to make marriage a joke.
We don't even know what bathroom to use anymore.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2016, 10:37:22 pm »

I don't want to govern you.  But I don't want you to govern me either.

@Chosen Daughter

I have no authority to tell you what you can believe and what you can't believe,and wouldn't do it if I did.

If YOU don't have the freedom to believe what you want and live according to those beliefs as long as you aren't endangering others,neither do I or anyone else.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2016, 10:39:50 pm »
@Jazzhead

NAILED IT!

We are either all free,or none of us are free. I have no idea why so many people have so much trouble understanding such a simple concept.

I'm fine with that.

Two consenting adults should be free to associate with whomever they like and do whatever they want to each other in the privacy of their own home.

I should be free to practice my religion according to its dictates and raise my kids within the moral framework of my own choosing.

Which of these two liberties is more at risk of being legally infringed upon today?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2016, 10:40:05 pm »
@sneakypete @driftdiver

In the context of governance, it is an amazement to me that anyone who calls themselves Conservative could be *for* the government shoving 'moral' precepts down our throat from a federal level.  It is THEY who are allowing the federal government into the bedroom, not the Christians.

@roamer_1

You had me saying "Yup!" and nodding my head,right up to that last bizarre sentence. If you really and truly believe THAT nonsense,there is no point in debating you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:18 pm »
@roamer_1

You had me saying "Yup!" and nodding my head,right up to that last bizarre sentence. If you really and truly believe THAT nonsense,there is no point in debating you.

Point me to FEDERAL Christian legislation beyond perhaps 'don't ask, don't tell'

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2016, 10:45:28 pm »
There has long been a contingency of anti-Christian thought in factional Conservatism - I suppose one can be a defcon, ficon, and even somewhat civil-libertarian, at least on the surface of things, while eschewing the principles of the socons.

@driftdiver

@driftdiver   @roamer_1

Ok,let's get one thing straight right NOW. Organized religion is to Conservatism as Larry Flynt is to virginity. Organized religion is a freaking dictatorship where the drones are expected to blindly follow orders and march to the company tune. MAYBE that is "conservative" if you grew up in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia,but NOT in America.

You just go ahead and brag about how collectivism is conservatism all you want and don't mind being wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2016, 10:50:06 pm »
A people and nation who refuse to be self governed by God and His morality, will be ruled by the tyrants of men and their morality.

Here we are.

Enjoy.

@INVAR

A contradiction in terms. You can NOT be BOTH self-governed AND governed by "god".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2016, 10:54:08 pm »

As far as the government being involved is concerned, when they sanction a heterosexual marriage they are clearly acting in society's interests, for obvious reasons. When they sanction homosexual marriage they are acting in the interests of the homosexual couple and their exclusive community only - in doing so they give the imprimatur of all of us to a particular lifestyle that has historically been deemed aberrant.

@skeeter

An excellent argument. You covered a point that I had never even considered before.

Not 100 percent certain I agree with you,but also not certain I disagree 100 percent,either. Going to have to mull this over for a while. Right now I am thinking I am more than 50 percent in agreement. Either way,a good argument,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2016, 10:55:08 pm »
Which is why state and local governance has always defined such things. What's 'moral' in New York City is vastly different from rural Mississippi.

@roamer_1

The Bill of Rights covers every American,regardless of where they live.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2016, 10:56:32 pm »
@INVAR

A contradiction in terms. You can NOT be BOTH self-governed AND governed by "god".

I do not expect you to understand the term.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2016, 10:58:19 pm »
Ok,let's get one thing straight right NOW. Organized religion is to Conservatism as Larry Flynt is to virginity. Organized religion is a freaking dictatorship where the drones are expected to blindly follow orders and march to the company tune. MAYBE that is "conservative" if you grew up in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia,but NOT in America.
What a terrifically uninformed comment.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:33:55 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2016, 10:59:24 pm »

Please!   Please follow that advice!   Please give us no more of  your input!   We are beyond hope!   

Your wisdom is lost on we swine.   Cast not your pearls before us!

@DiogenesLamp

Hmmm,I may not be the brightest light on the interweb,but I believe I detect a trace of sarcasm there.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »

You just go ahead and brag about how collectivism is conservatism all you want and don't mind being wrong.

Stone.dead.wrong.

I would agree with you if there was some state sponsored single church like England had, or like Catholicism's long history in Europe, but not only is there a broad diversity in Christian churches, but there is also 50 states to prevent any overt theocracy.

In the mean time, this country grew up with a singular sense of right and wrong, based nearly entirely upon the Judeo-Christian Ethic. Everyone knew, almost instinctively, the difference between right and wrong, because it was largely agreed upon. Cut us away from that root, and I guarantee we will perish as a people.

It is almost gone now, and folks cheer it on. Our society has become so very coarse and banal it is little wonder that we are hurtling toward collapse.

Liberty has responsibilities. Freedom has consequences. Our doom is upon us, and the crowd roars with applause.

@driftdiver @sneakypete

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:18 pm »
    Tell that to the Business Owners of Bakeries and Wedding Photography. 

Militant gay Society has taken incremental, deserved, gains and shoved it in the Face of Christians.

What is it 4-5 bakeries and photographers have objected out of tens of thousands. 99.999% of Christian companies are begging for their business in today business climate.
@corbe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:34 pm »

How do you feel about pedophiles or necrophiles?

@DiogenesLamp

Generally speaking,I don't spend much time thinking about pedophiles,and almost none at all thinking about necrophiles. Then again,I don't spend much time in funeral homes.

If you rape or abuse to the point of causing permanent harm a pre-teen child,the only suitable sentence in MY mind is death. There ain't no "fixing"  you no matter what is done. You are twisted to the point of not being able to untwist you,so you gotta go.

Can't really see where necrophiliacs are harming anyone,but the truth is the less time I spend thinking about them the happier I am.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:54:41 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:43 pm »
@roamer_1

The Bill of Rights covers every American,regardless of where they live.

And that somehow insists upon a common morality?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2016, 11:07:04 pm »

Goldwater was correct about the abuse to which the 1964 civil rights act would lead.

Prescient.

@DiogenesLamp

IMHO,Barry Goldwater was right about damn near everything,and if the Dims hadn't of gotten together with the Country Club Republicans (DAMN YOU NORTHEASTERN "REPUBLICANS,ONE AND ALL!) to torpedo Goldwater's ship,he would have been the best American President in our history.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2016, 11:09:01 pm »
It's a fair question. Remember, a few decades ago gays were cretins too... and a few decades before that, hetero swingers were likewise. Predictably, within a decade, the argument will be made for the poor right-deprived pedophiles.

@DiogenesLamp
@mirraflake

@roamer_1   @DiogenesLamp   @mirraflake

You don't know what a cretin is,do you,Roamer?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »
@skeeter

An excellent argument. You covered a point that I had never even considered before.

Not 100 percent certain I agree with you,but also not certain I disagree 100 percent,either. Going to have to mull this over for a while. Right now I am thinking I am more than 50 percent in agreement. Either way,a good argument,though.

Thanks...

If only everyone could keep the issue private. Its impossible, unfortunately.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »
That's an argument that the left cannot accept.  They screech that pedophilia is wrong while ignoring that a short time ago, society recognized that homosexuality was wrong.

They don't see the downhill slide in morality and discernment that is so obvious because they refuse to recognize what is really happening.

@musiclady @roamer_1

You guys should convert to Islam. THEY know how to make sure virgins stat virgins. Unless they WANT to be stoned to death or set on fire,that is.

Of course,the downside is the sheep are goats stay terrified,but ya can't make a omelet without breaking a few eggs,can you?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2016, 11:12:24 pm »
It is not that simple.  These things do not stay in the bedroom.  They come out in all sorts of other demands.  They come out in family law and adoption and sex ed, etc.   They come out in the spread of disease.  When we had sodomy laws, homosexuality stayed in the bedroom.  So long as it did, who knew?  Once unnatural sexual behavior became a constitutional right, the whole of our society changed, permanently.  There will be no putting the toothpaste back in the tube unless we fix the problem of judicial overreach.  You do not get to raise your children according to your values.  The government gets to raise them according to its values.  That means Justice Kennedy is in charge of your children's moral upbringing.  Enjoy your servitude.

Hah? That was my point - namely those who's liberties are currently most at risk are those who object to the homosexual agenda.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:13:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2016, 11:12:40 pm »
And that somehow insists upon a common morality?
Europe is near total atheist and they have way less murders, sex crimes, robberies, violence ,less drug use per capita than the US.
@roamer_1
@sneakypete