Author Topic: America, You Have No Right to Judge Donald Trump  (Read 2729 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America, You Have No Right to Judge Donald Trump
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:31:53 am »

By D. C. McAllister October 8, 2016

The wizards of smarts in the political arena are telling us Donald Trump's campaign is over because of recently leaked tapes of a private conversation from 2005 that was disparaging to women. The comments are so offensive, they say, he’s not fit for office.

From the moment the tapes were made public, the drumbeat to Trump's personal walk of shame began. Politicians who formerly endorsed him fled in terror, not wanting the soiled stain of sexual stigma attached to them. NeverTrumpers descended in holier-than-thou glee as they declared how noble and right they've always been not to support such a despicable man. And the left has been howling like puritanical wolves, condemning him for his immorality and sexist treatment of women.

I find this reaction to Trump's private conversation rather ironic. It's ironic coming from a secular culture that long ago declared objective morality dead. It's ironic coming from politicos and media bottom-feeders who defended the abusive and disgusting behavior of Bill Clinton, not when he was a private citizen but when he was a sitting president.

more
https://pjmedia.com/blog/america-you-have-no-right-to-judge-donald-trump/?singlepage=true
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: America, You Have No Right to Judge Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 12:36:22 am »
We have every right.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:44:04 am »
Author's elected a strawman.

This has nothing to do with morality.  It has to do with boundaries, and with men respecting women and not treating them as objects. 

It also has to do with the law, and the FACT that Trump was describing behavior actions which were sexual assault.

This guy can excuse Trump's behavior but most Americans won't.  And that's a very good thing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 05:30:41 am »

I've read a lot of stupid statements this election season but that has to rank up there as the most idiotic. Every person casting a vote judges the candidate...

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:05:59 am »
Then go run for office somewhere else, dimbulb!

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:23:41 am »
Actually, those who denounced the "abusive and disgusting behavior of Bill Clinton" have every right to denounce the same behavior from Trump.

But...

Those who denounced Clinton and refuse to denounce Trump for the same thing are hypocrites devoid of basic moral principles.

JR of FR is a prime example.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:38 am »
Watch me.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »
Actually, those who denounced the "abusive and disgusting behavior of Bill Clinton" have every right to denounce the same behavior from Trump.

But...

Those who denounced Clinton and refuse to denounce Trump for the same thing are hypocrites devoid of basic moral principles.

JR of FR is a prime example.
Do you think the same "conservatives" who are now excusing Trump would be supporting him if he ran on his many past liberal positions? Then he'd be the worst candidate the Dems ever ran and a worse degenerate than Slick Willy.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »
Maybe Trump could try this tonight.

Tell the American people they have no right to judge him and use this guy's talking points.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

geronl

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 11:23:37 pm »
Maybe Trump could try this tonight.

Tell the American people they have no right to judge him and use this guy's talking points.

lol. That would really be the end.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 11:27:59 pm »
Hypocrite.

Anyone who has spent any time whatsoever complaining about how Bill Clinton "got away with it" and how what he did was immoral, has absolutely no right or basis for excusing or forgiving Trump.  To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 11:36:58 pm »
By D. C. McAllister October 8, 2016

The wizards of smarts in the political arena are telling us Donald Trump's campaign is over because of recently leaked tapes of a private conversation from 2005 that was disparaging to women. The comments are so offensive, they say, he’s not fit for office.

From the moment the tapes were made public, the drumbeat to Trump's personal walk of shame began. Politicians who formerly endorsed him fled in terror, not wanting the soiled stain of sexual stigma attached to them. NeverTrumpers descended in holier-than-thou glee as they declared how noble and right they've always been not to support such a despicable man. And the left has been howling like puritanical wolves, condemning him for his immorality and sexist treatment of women.

I find this reaction to Trump's private conversation rather ironic. It's ironic coming from a secular culture that long ago declared objective morality dead. It's ironic coming from politicos and media bottom-feeders who defended the abusive and disgusting behavior of Bill Clinton, not when he was a private citizen but when he was a sitting president.

more
https://pjmedia.com/blog/america-you-have-no-right-to-judge-donald-trump/?singlepage=true
I find it shameful that those who stand on principle, who have not sold out to the relativism of secular culture that has been progressively imposed on the American Public from the bench, are called "bottom feeders".

I don't know what distant place these people have wandered into but there are those of us who still philosophically inhabit the America somewhat closer to the vision of the Founders, where the Right to worship as one pleased was not just reserved for those who embrace the ideology of our enemies, and the rules of Law and common decency still maintained their gentle imposition on a since increasingly Libertine culture.

I would not try to justify behaving badly just because 'everyone else is doing it', either. There are historical examples, albeit sometimes hard to verify because two of those cities no longer exist; not so much as their foundations have been found.

No culture which has taken such a path has long survived. Come back to America, return to the fundamental morality which has made our civilization great.

Or suffer the decay of so many others in the dustbin of history.

Considering this man is applying for the job of the President of the United States of America, arguably the leader of the free world, and one of, if not the most powerful person in the world, we not only have a Right to pass judgement, we have a duty to.

Your choice, people.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:40:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 11:55:20 pm »
Christians and Principled conservatives have long known we were a minority in the GrOPe Party, but this election really stomps that reality into our faces.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »
So we'll be electing a man into the most powerful office in the world, with access to thousands of nuclear weapons... and we have no right to judge him?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 12:01:11 am »
So we'll be electing a man into the most powerful office in the world, with access to thousands of nuclear weapons... and we have no right to judge him?
Great point.   :amen:

Offline raml

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 03:09:18 am »
How is raping women and assaulting them the same as talking crap about them with another guy? You men all do it I don't care whether you are a biker or president of a bank you all do it. His was a private conversation Bills was assault on women that did not want him touching them. We all got a birds eye view when Bill was president at how he abused his power with his intern and how Hillary stood up for him calling it a right wing conspiracy and noway have we seen anything about Trump doing anything just talking crap. We woman alone without men present can talk crap too does that mean no woman can run for president or any office because we talked down about men? Not one person who was really for Trump stopped supporting him that was really going to vote for him those establishment that did it was all an act they never were never going to vote for him.

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 03:09:47 am »
Christians and Principled conservatives have long known we were a minority in the GrOPe Party, but this election really stomps that reality into our faces.

Very true. One of the reasons I despise Trump so much. He ripped open that rift and is laying it bare. My party of 36 years is gone. I was welcome on TOS for 18 years before Trump. It is now dead to me. It didn't have to be this way.

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 03:16:31 am »
How is raping women and assaulting them the same as talking crap about them with another guy? You men all do it I don't care whether you are a biker or president of a bank you all do it. His was a private conversation Bills was assault on women that did not want him touching them. We all got a birds eye view when Bill was president at how he abused his power with his intern and how Hillary stood up for him calling it a right wing conspiracy and noway have we seen anything about Trump doing anything just talking crap. We woman alone without men present can talk crap too does that mean no woman can run for president or any office because we talked down about men? Not one person who was really for Trump stopped supporting him that was really going to vote for him those establishment that did it was all an act they never were never going to vote for him.

Trump wasn't "talking crap". He was talking about his experiences with women when he groped them. What he got away with - in the past tense. Just how far are you willing to go to twist that simple truth?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 08:44:11 am »
Very true. One of the reasons I despise Trump so much. He ripped open that rift and is laying it bare. My party of 36 years is gone. I was welcome on TOS for 18 years before Trump. It is now dead to me. It didn't have to be this way.
In a very clear way, he has done us a favor. I was over there for 18 years, too. Four decades of GOP support are over.

What has happened is that those who hold to principles still have those principles.

Those who place their hopes in mere personality have separated themselves off, showing that willingness to discard principled belief for 'electability', or to 'defeat' whoever, or support the 'lesser evil', by choosing a candidate based not on careful consideration of past performance, character, and stance on issues, but their more superficial characteristics.

The result of that behaviour in the past has been a series of defeats for the GOP and America as what should have been the party of principle became more like those other guys.
This year, it is just more intense, in an election where the country is deeply divided along rifts filled with anger.

It is ironic that whose who are first to compromise their principles and have backed a series of candidates increasingly like their opponents on policy, would blame those of us who have been warning about 'Democrat Lite' or 'Liberal Lite' not providing the contrast needed to energize the Conservative base, even as others relabeled their diluted liberalism as  some form of hyphenated conservatism.

You see, the problem is that those principles are the DNA of America, the life's blood of the concept. Start compromising them away, gene by gene, and, sooner or later, you will create a lethal mutation or a monster.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis