Author Topic: James Madison U. Gives Students Seven Page Guide to Free Speech  (Read 607 times)

rangerrebew

James Madison U. Gives Students Seven Page Guide to Free Speech
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »
James Madison U. Gives Students Seven Page Guide to Free Speech
Comments

Posted by Aleister      Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 1:30pm

Here’s what you can’t say…
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/James_Madison_University_2.jpeg   

If you need seven pages to describe which types of speech qualify as free speech, aren’t you sending a mixed message? George Orwell would be proud.

The College Fix reports:

University distributes seven-page speech guide

’35 dumb things well-intended people say’ list passed out to James Madison University student orientation leaders

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/10/james-madison-u-gives-students-seven-page-guide-to-free-speech/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:51:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: James Madison U. Gives Students Seven Page Guide to Free Speech
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:51:17 pm »
Freedom is slavery. We have arrived.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:23:56 am »
Student leaders of this year’s freshman orientation at James Madison University were given a list of 35 things they should avoid saying, including phrases such as “you have such a pretty face,” “love the sinner, hate the sin,” “we’re all part of the human race,” “I treat all people the same,” “it was only a joke,” “I never owned slaves,” and “people just need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps,” among other expressions.

Well, what if they do, what if you do, who is the subhuman, what if you do, what if it was, most likely you didn't (exchange students may be exceptions), and yes, sometimes they do.

This is just an asinine attempt to turn the English Language into a minefield, create more grievances, so 'diversity' experts can make more money over crap that should never come on the radar if students had real skin covering them instead of thin watery mucous. 

@rangerrebew Not to gripe, you do an incredible job keeping this place well stocked with interesting articles. The first link only leads to a .jpeg of Wilson Hall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:02:13 am »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:14:34 pm »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour