Author Topic: Tough Drunk-Driving Law Takes Effect in Maryland - ABC  (Read 835 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tough Drunk-Driving Law Takes Effect in Maryland - ABC
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:33:20 am »
Tough Drunk-Driving Law Takes Effect in Maryland

A tough drunk-driving law that took effect in Maryland today requires those convicted of DUI to use in-vehicle breathalyzers.

Under the state's Drunk Driving Reduction Act of 2016, anyone convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol is required to have an ignition interlock installed in his or her vehicle. The device prevents a vehicle from starting when it detects a certain level of alcohol in the driver’s breath and then requires the motorist to retest at random points while they are on the road, according to state officials.

The legislation was nicknamed “Noah’s Law” in honor of Montgomery County police officer Noah Leotta, who was killed when a repeat drunk-driving offender crashed into him during a traffic stop in December 2015.

More At: http://abcnews.go.com/US/americas-harshest-drunk-driving-laws-takes-effect-maryland/story?id=42493052

Offline raml

Re: Tough Drunk-Driving Law Takes Effect in Maryland - ABC
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 04:29:59 am »
Sounds good to me since it has them being tested after they first start the car at different intervals along the way too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:28:45 pm »

Click image for more information.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:32:04 pm »
The device prevents a vehicle from starting when it detects a certain level of alcohol in the driver’s breath and then requires the motorist to retest at random points while they are on the road.

???  If one is prevented from starting the vehicle, then how in the heck are required to retest at random points?   :shrug:

I know, I know...just pointing out the ineptitude of today's journalism majors. 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.