Author Topic: Philippines to the UN: Stay out of it!  (Read 865 times)

rangerrebew

Philippines to the UN: Stay out of it!
« on: September 27, 2016, 07:26:57 pm »

Philippine Foreign Minister Perfecto Yasay brushes off criticism about the country's war on drugs.

- We urge everyone to allow us to deal with our domestic challenges in order to achieve our national goals, without undue interference, he told the UN General Assembly on Saturday.

There is great international concern over the rising death toll in the president's war on crime. Human rights organizations say that the security forces carry out random executions, which Yasay denies.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3141/philippines-to-the-un-stay-out-of-it.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:27:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Philippines to the UN: Stay out of it!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:16:10 am »
Good for the Philippines.

I don't care how crazy that Dutarte guy is.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:14 am »

Philippine Foreign Minister Perfecto Yasay brushes off criticism about the country's war on drugs.

- We urge everyone to allow us to deal with our domestic challenges in order to achieve our national goals, without undue interference, he told the UN General Assembly on Saturday.

There is great international concern over the rising death toll in the president's war on crime. Human rights organizations say that the security forces carry out random executions, which Yasay denies.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3141/philippines-to-the-un-stay-out-of-it.html
Drugs fund terrorism...Drugs are terrorism, for that matter.

It is their country, if they need help they will ask for it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »
Back in the 70s when my ship was home ported in Subic Bay when not operating in the South China Sea, I remember a Philippino who got life in prison for running drugs.  He pleaded with the judge that he couldn't spend his life in prison because he had a family.  The judge said fine and hand him hung.  The media is trying to judge Duterte based on our standards, not those of the Philippines - a common U.S. mistake.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:13 am »
Back in the 70s when my ship was home ported in Subic Bay when not operating in the South China Sea, I remember a Philippino who got life in prison for running drugs.  He pleaded with the judge that he couldn't spend his life in prison because he had a family.  The judge said fine and hand him hung.  The media is trying to judge Duterte based on our standards, not those of the Philippines - a common U.S. mistake.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/before-duterte-was-the-philippines-president-he-was-the-death-squad-mayor/2016/09/28/f1d1ccc4-800b-11e6-ad0e-ab0d12c779b1_story.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 11:19:01 am »
I don't get why Americans are so willing to impose our Constitution on others, but our own Government won't use it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis