Author Topic: Ex-NFL linebacker delivers pizza, fights off muggers and helps nab murder suspects  (Read 606 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I had to sign back on to post this, this was an elaborate plot to rob someone, can one imagine. At the same time, this Former NFLer owns 2 pizza shops and decided to make some late night deliveries for the help in Chicagoland.

The whole story is hair-raising if one reads the remainder at the link.
Ex-NFL linebacker delivers pizza, fights off muggers and helps nab murder suspects

Napoleon Harris III played linebacker for three seasons with the Oakland Raiders, followed by stints with the Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs.

The plan was simple: Order a pizza, rob whoever showed up to deliver the pie.

But the caper did not go as the four men expected.
Napoleon Harris III was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 2013. He played seven seasons in the NFL with three teams. He’s also the owner of two pizza franchises.

That was because Napoleon Harris III, arrived with the pizza in hand. Harris is a man of many hats. Not only has he served as an Illinois state senator since 2013, he is the owner of two Beggars Pizza franchises. One of which, in the Chicago suburb of Harvey,received a call just before closing time on Sept. 6.

Harris is also 6 feet 3 inches tall, and weighs 250 pounds. He was a professional linebacker for several NFL teams, including the Oakland Raiders and the Minnesota Vikings. And he would soon help authorities find suspects in a murder case.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/nation-world/national/article103664537.html#storylink=cpy

:thumbsup2: :flag:

Mr. Harris is quite a man and I wish him the best.

Offline goatprairie

I heard this guy is a big time lib and Obama supporter, but congrats for surviving the thugs. This shows how difficult it is for even four people to overpower a person who is 10-15% larger and stronger.  Four probably decently built thugs could not overpower one person.
But if you could concentrate the strength of the four thugs (or just two of them) into one person, that person could have easily whipped the ex-football player.
That is why just a small pct. difference in the athletic abilities of one person compared to another can mean so much.
Reminds me of the time when a friend of mine and me were in grade school. We decided we were going to sneak up on and tackle a kid who was one grade ahead of us while walking home after a Boy Scout meeting. The kid was bigger than both of us but  not by a huge margin. Nevertheless, he easily pushed both of us  to the  ground laughing all the time. We weren't hurt...the kid treated it like a big brother playing with his smaller brothers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:37:47 pm by goatprairie »

Online Lando Lincoln

Well, good!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck