Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128541 times)

Wingnut

Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #900 on: September 27, 2016, 07:11:19 pm »
Feelings are running high this election.  My own wife would not talk to me one night because I wouldn't get on the Trump Train.  Still a little standoffish because I'm a reluctant voter.

Never go to bed mad.  But Still, Hide the knives and the super glue. Sleep with one eye open  and the other one tucked between your legs.

Silver Pines

« Reply #901 on: September 27, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
@CatherineofAragon , i don't know if you've seen any of the conversation above, but I didn't mean to belittle your opinions.  I'd be a little cheesed at someone I donated to if he went 180 on me too.  If you read up there, you can see this whole election has not bee a pleasant thing for me at all.

@Cyber Liberty, I'm just seeing everything now, and I see that I misunderstood you.  I really did think you meant the "eff 'em" for me. 

I'm sorry for my part, too.   I definitely don't want to be at odds with you, friend.

Silver Pines

« Reply #902 on: September 27, 2016, 07:26:51 pm »
@CatherineofAragon   All of your anger and emotions are shared by me, so I appreciate all you have being saying on this subject.  It helps me to see someone else shares my heartbreak over this.  So thank you.  Actually there are quite a few of us.

@RAT Patrol

RAT, you're a very sweet person with a peacemaker's heart.  I don't know if you read twitter or not---I do, though I don't have an account there---but we're not the only Cruz supporters feeling this way right now.  I'm trying to figure out some other way to take what he said, I really am, but I'm not seeing it.  To be honest, I'm not heartbroken---I'm pi**ed.  It seems to me it was fine to be against Trump for as long as Cruz was, but now, if you didn't make the change when he did, you're a liberal. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #903 on: September 27, 2016, 07:27:51 pm »
They're already running a sack of chickenshtuff...

@bigheadfred

I walked right into that one...

Silver Pines

« Reply #904 on: September 27, 2016, 07:28:52 pm »
For those that did not listen, here is the Cruz interview with Hewitt.  His comment on "liberal Republicans" starts at minute 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jdzwrCgEI

@ExFreeper, thanks for posting that...I'm on my way out the door but I'll listen later.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #905 on: September 27, 2016, 07:48:54 pm »
@Cyber Liberty, I'm just seeing everything now, and I see that I misunderstood you.  I really did think you meant the "eff 'em" for me. 

I'm sorry for my part, too.   I definitely don't want to be at odds with you, friend.

@CatherineofAragon  :beer:

(Trying to get consistent with this "Mentions" thing.  That would have helped)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #906 on: September 27, 2016, 07:53:39 pm »
@RAT Patrol

RAT, you're a very sweet person with a peacemaker's heart.  I don't know if you read twitter or not---I do, though I don't have an account there---but we're not the only Cruz supporters feeling this way right now.  I'm trying to figure out some other way to take what he said, I really am, but I'm not seeing it.  To be honest, I'm not heartbroken---I'm pi**ed.  It seems to me it was fine to be against Trump for as long as Cruz was, but now, if you didn't make the change when he did, you're a liberal.

@CatherineofAragon
It is frustrating.  It seems like Senator Cruz went from "Constitutionalist" to "Trumpster" on a dime.  And, in typical Trumpster fashion, trashing anybody who doesn't agree 100%.  TOS isn't the only place that went somewhere in a handbasket. 

My position about him is a little different because I wasn't all that hot on Cruz in the first place.  I was a Walker guy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:54:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #907 on: September 27, 2016, 08:36:26 pm »
@INVAR

Politics is really turning me off...and not just lately.  The GOP could run a sack of chicken feed for president, and everybody would yammer about unity and supporting the candidate.

Your reply inspired me to write this:

What Happens To The Reagan/Constitutional Conservative Movement Now?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #908 on: September 27, 2016, 09:29:12 pm »
I can see Cruz running for the senate again, but not for president. He just doesn't have the personality for it.  Plus the fact that after the Trump debacle, no conservative will ever stand a chance of being president.
Trump is no Conservative, and never has been. He has put on certain conservative values like parts of a Halloween costume, and they will likely come off as fast after the election. Trump will only damage Conservatism in the minds of those who equate the 'R' brand with it. Republican does not equal conservative, and that is more evident than ever, even if a few Conservatives have managed to slip through and get elected under the GOP flag.

It's time for Conservatives to draw the distinction between themselves and the GOP, because win or lose for Trump, the GOP will have soiled itself. Conservatives have been the unwelcome members of the party since Barry Goldwater, and Ronald Reagan's election was a fluke in the GOP pattern.

I'd love to see Cruz run under the Constitution Party, but it would take some serious money to defeat the extremely well funded Uniparty opposition, and without any Party loyalty in the Congress, getting anything through would be a fight. (Neither Party wants another political force in play, it damages their ability to keep voters on their respective plantations.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #909 on: September 27, 2016, 09:35:09 pm »
Cruz has everything it takes to make a great president; including personality.  The only thing he doesn't have is a party that will stand behind him.  He is much more in line with the Constitution Party than the GOP.
I agree, especially with being aligned with the Constitution Party. Once I started looking, I found more to agree with there than I found in the GOP (especially post Trump). As I had chosen to back Cruz on principles, the transition would be a natural one.

The downside is that both Democrats and Republicans will seriously oppose any third party gaining power. They have too much to lose, and the whole 'binary choice' thingy would go swirling down the drain the minute voters left the plantations.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #910 on: September 27, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »
There are many who are returning to the ballot box this year who have been absent. Or so it seems. If Cruz can hold his water for a while the anger when trump fails to come through may be a real chance for a third party especially if someone with a little less notoriety, like Cruz, is abroad.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #911 on: September 27, 2016, 10:09:57 pm »
I'd love to see Cruz run under the Constitution Party, but it would take some serious money to defeat the extremely well funded Uniparty opposition, and without any Party loyalty in the Congress, getting anything through would be a fight.
The problem is, he's shown with this incident that he never will.

Ted Cruz got to where he is today by bucking the same party leadership. Then, when Priebus started threatening not to let him run for President again, and they offered his wife the Goldman Sachs job back, he backed party over principle. This is how the two-party system has maintained its power, at least since 2000 or so—by eliminating any semblance of choice that reduces the size of government.

What we will need for 2020 is not just someone who's independently wealthy, but independently FAMOUS with a following among the low-infos. That's how Trump got to where he is today, and that's where we face our hugest obstacle: because the positions of fame are so stacked with out-of-touch liberals, we have no bench to compete with the Trumps of the world.

Our country is screwed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #912 on: September 27, 2016, 10:32:54 pm »
We could draft Chuck Norris.

He would never do it. He ain't that dumb.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #913 on: September 27, 2016, 11:16:39 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
It is frustrating.  It seems like Senator Cruz went from "Constitutionalist" to "Trumpster" on a dime.  And, in typical Trumpster fashion, trashing anybody who doesn't agree 100%.  TOS isn't the only place that went somewhere in a handbasket. 

My position about him is a little different because I wasn't all that hot on Cruz in the first place.  I was a Walker guy.

@Cyber Liberty

It's just crazy to me.  Down is up, up is down.  I just want this freaking election to be over.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #914 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

It's just crazy to me.  Down is up, up is down.  I just want this freaking election to be over.

Would it help if you added it to your ignore list?

Silver Pines

« Reply #915 on: September 27, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »
Your reply inspired me to write this:

What Happens To The Reagan/Constitutional Conservative Movement Now?

@INVAR, that's truly excellent.

Months ago I read an article which put forth the claim that there just aren't that many conservatives in the Republican party---most are moderate to liberal.  I should have saved it, because now I don't know who wrote it.  It might have been David French.

Silver Pines

« Reply #916 on: September 27, 2016, 11:33:42 pm »
Would it help if you added it to your ignore list?

@bigheadfred

THAT'S IT!!!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #917 on: September 27, 2016, 11:52:32 pm »
@bigheadfred

THAT'S IT!!!

If it keeps popping up hit it with a hammer. Probably won't kill it, but you'll feel better.

Online libertybele

« Reply #918 on: September 27, 2016, 11:54:23 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

It is crazy.  Who would have thought that Trump would be our nominee??  Who would have thought that a constitutional conservative would lose?  Reflecting back we had some great candidates; Cruz, Fiorina, Walker, Perry, Jindal ... the most conservative hopefuls in a long time.  As we well know the only one that came remotely close was Cruz. Like it or not, it is the 'people's' choice. It is difficult to believe with all of Trump's bombastic and bordering on insane comments and actions, Trump is who people selected.

I  donated a decent amount of $ to Cruz (and I am not wealthy by any means) and spent hours and hours making phone calls to help get him elected.  In talking to people, those that weren't voting for Ted gave me 2 primary reasons with the first being he was too conservative and the second reason being he was too hung up on religion!!  I had one person actually call him a religious nut! Yes, I was astounded.  With the nomination of Trump (I won't go into my opinion of corruption) and Cruz being booed at the convention made me realize that the conservative movement that was behind Cruz is still not powerful enough to overcome the corruption and the liberal mindset that has been entrenched into our society for decades.  Cruz fought two battles really; he fought against his own party who refused to back him and downright hated him and he fought against a liberal billionaire who managed to tap into the frustration and anger of the GOP electorate.

Cruz knows the 'system' better than most and stated that he sees absolutely no chance of a 3rd party win.  He sees a glimmer of hope of saving the SCOTUS with Trump and no hope with Clinton.  IMHO.  Cruz is voting his conscience.   My opinion of Cruz has not changed.   We knew from the very beginning going into this election that the 'fix' was in for Clinton ... Cruz is doing what he feels he needs to do to stop her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2016, 12:02:48 am »
.....We knew from the very beginning going into this election that the 'fix' was in for Clinton ... ...

I'm not sure I believed that until now.  The "debate" last night pretty much cinched it for me.  It didn't matter who won, the "winner" was preordained.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2016, 12:04:22 am »
Months ago I read an article which put forth the claim that there just aren't that many conservatives in the Republican party---most are moderate to liberal.

A big problem is that conservatives don't put in the effort for the long game.

Go to any public school, and you'll see posters from a variety of left-leaning organizations.  Cute pictures of animals, earth scenes, etc., that aren't overtly political, but they are given to teachers and schools for free by groups like Greenpeace...and they set the tone for things like "animal rights" and "environmentalism". 

School teachers are always dying for materials for their classes, and to get these for free...wow!  They scoop them up!

Trouble is, conservatives don't make comparable efforts, such as free posters of the founding fathers, or whatever.  I tried to get conservative groups to sponsor this in the 90s, with not much luck.  The few  materials I *did* see out there were so clumsily overtly political, they had no hope of being used.

And then there's volunteering in the schools.  Or becoming a substitute teacher.  Or even becoming a teacher.  No, just the lefties are willing to do those things.

But I took some time off and became a substitute.  And I made a small difference by teaching economics to kids who'd previously just gotten the left side of the story.  Yeah, one school...likely forgotten now, I know.   But imagine if more conservatives did it like the lefties do.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:16 am »
A big problem is that conservatives don't put in the effort for the long game.

Go to any public school, and you'll see posters from a variety of left-leaning organizations.  Cute pictures of animals, earth scenes, etc., that aren't overtly political, but they are given to teachers and schools for free by groups like Greenpeace...and they set the tone for things like "animal rights" and "environmentalism". 

School teachers are always dying for materials for their classes, and to get these for free...wow!  They scoop them up!

Trouble is, conservatives don't make comparable efforts, such as free posters of the founding fathers, or whatever.  I tried to get conservative groups to sponsor this in the 90s, with not much luck.  The few  materials I *did* see out there were so clumsily overtly political, they had no hope of being used.

And then there's volunteering in the schools.  Or becoming a substitute teacher.  Or even becoming a teacher.  No, just the lefties are willing to do those things.

But I took some time off and became a substitute.  And I made a small difference by teaching economics to kids who'd previously just gotten the left side of the story.  Yeah, one school...likely forgotten now, I know.   But imagine if more conservatives did it like the lefties do.

I was a literacy volunteer teaching inner city kids how to read and reading with them in Trenton NJ for many years til I lost my kidneys. I loved it. The kids loved me. They didn't care my skin was different or my politics were different. I was just some lady that came to the school to first and second graders twice a week and tried to instill my love of reading.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:23 am »
Cruz saying he's voting for Donny is in no way an endorsement...its just the only way he sees to stop Hillary.

It's just that simple.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2016, 12:13:39 am »
But imagine if more conservatives did it like the lefties do.

:nometalk:

OK.  WTH. They say some things are better left to the imagination...some things aren't.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2016, 12:17:09 am »
It is an endorsement.  It didn't have to be.  He could have kept silent.  Instead he is out there advocating for Trump and bashing those who won't vote for him.  I feel very insulted and betrayed.

Yup, calling us "liberal Republicans" was over the line in terms of any grace I will ever extend him again.

He's become just another party hack shill same as Limbaugh and Hannity.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775