Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128706 times)

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2016, 06:50:38 pm »
The biggest joke is that he pretends to welcome debate.  HA!!!  Dissent not allowed by that crowd.  The Cruz endorsement is evidence.  They (the general "they," but it includes people like the poster you quoted) bullied him into submission.  Shame on him for succumbing.  But first, shame on them.

I never insist that anyone be silenced or banned; I figure that my positions speak for themselves to the observers viewing the discussion.  That's pretty much unlike the actions of those on the other side, who regularly call for anyone who doesn't follow their line to be silenced.  Just know folks, it ain't gonna happen.  I will not be silenced.  I may be banned sometime, but I will insist on my right to speak.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »
I never insist that anyone be silenced or banned; I figure that my positions speak for themselves to the observers viewing the discussion.  That's pretty much unlike the actions of those on the other side, who regularly call for anyone who doesn't follow their line to be silenced.  Just know folks, it ain't gonna happen.  I will not be silenced.  I may be banned sometime, but I will insist on my right to speak.

You won't be banned HERE........... the Trumpzealots might protest that you're not, but it ain't gonna happen no matter how much they cry and whine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2016, 06:59:06 pm »
We're re-opening the thread, so PLAY NICE! First person who demands a banning gets a taste of his/her/its own medicine, Kapish?

============================

This is the best place in the world to study the mind of neocons.

Great place!

Editorial/Opinion / Bless their Cold War hearts  Why the neocons don’t like Donald Trump
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:01:27 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2016, 07:00:53 pm »

Great place!

:amen:  Trump supporters are indeed fertile grist for that mill!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2016, 07:02:30 pm »
Oh I was not referring to you.  Your post was great.  You were not the one quoted in the post I responded to.  I have that person on ignore, so I was just responding to Bigun's use of the quote.

Speak away.  Do not be silenced.  I've never seen you try to intimidate and insult someone into submission.

I know.  I was just planting the metaphorical flag.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2016, 07:06:17 pm »
I never insist that anyone be silenced or banned; I figure that my positions speak for themselves to the observers viewing the discussion.  That's pretty much unlike the actions of those on the other side, who regularly call for anyone who doesn't follow their line to be silenced.  Just know folks, it ain't gonna happen. I will not be silenced.  I may be banned sometime, but I will insist on my right to speak.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2016, 07:09:09 pm »
Back to topic...

I think Cruz was painted into a corner.  No matter what he said or did (or didn't say or do), he was going to get a ration of crap over it.  Sometimes one has to take a step back and decide what's best for the country, and I think that's what Cruz did.  Even if it means making up after the deeply personal attacks from Trump.

He knows that if, by some miracle, Trump wins this, the two need each other to get the things done that the country needs.  Without Trump, Cruz gets nothing.  Without Cruz, Trump gets nothing.  Nobody wants a lose-lose deal, but that's what we all get if everybody remains dug in and sandbagged.

My vote remains a matter of my own conscience, just as it has for the 40 or so years I've been casting votes for politicians.  Cruz' statement doesn't change that one iota for me, and I don't think it does for anybody else here. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:13:20 pm by MOD3 »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2016, 07:11:02 pm »
Then, there's something sinister going on here.

When certain Trump supporters view the forum as "guests", the site is lightening fast....the way it's supposed to be.

However, when said Trump supporters....myself included...log on, it takes literally more than a minute for any page to load.

IOW, it can't be the IP address...because in guest mode it works the way it's supposed to.

So tell us....has a certain backroom adversary whose name begins with "O" been manipulating said accounts?   Has he enabled something that repeatedly churns...if that's the correct term....making using the forum a very unpleasant experience?

Because I know damned full well not everybody can be experiencing this...otherwise you'd have a riot on your hands.

Pray tell?   :shrug:

Oh Geez I have the same problem at times, I just thought it was due to the server issues the site has been experiencing lately.

It's rather telling that one of the most avid Trump supporters is also a conspiracy nut :tinfoil: :laughingdog:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:12:49 pm by montanajoe »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »
:amen:  Trump supporters are indeed fertile grist for that mill!

Nah, I'm afraid that if you used them for grist you'd just get grit and bone chips which would be very annoying in the flour...
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2016, 07:15:11 pm »

Great place!

Editorial/Opinion / Bless their Cold War hearts  Why the neocons don’t like Donald Trump

Great to see you still spewing your Jew hating garbage.

Silver Pines

« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2016, 07:17:23 pm »
@montanajoe

Remember every time there was server trouble at TOS?  It was always some kind of sinister attack.   :thud:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »
I still think he made the wrong decision.  He sided with people who hate him and betrayed people who have defended him for months.

That is a valid perspective.  The willingness to fight friends while embracing enemies is an infuriating trait that seems to be an integral part of "the Beltway sickness" politicians get when they move to DeeCee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2016, 07:17:44 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2016, 07:20:35 pm »
Great to see you still spewing your Jew hating garbage.

Help me out, @Frank Cannon ...how was that "Jew hating garbage?"  Am I missing some context?  My curiosity is genuine.  I know the term "Neocon" is a dirty word for many, is that it?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2016, 07:21:45 pm »
Back to topic...

I think Cruz was painted into a corner.  No matter what he said or did (or didn't say or do), he was going to get a ration of crap over it.  Sometimes one has to take a step back and decide what's best for the country, and I think that's what Cruz did.  Even if it means making up after the deeply personal attacks from Trump.

He knows that if, by some miracle, Trump wins this, the two need each other to get the things done that the country needs.  Without Trump, Cruz gets nothing.  Without Cruz, Trump gets nothing.  Nobody wants a lose-lose deal, but that's what we all get if everybody remains dug in and sandbagged.

My vote remains a matter of my own conscience, just as it has for the 40 or so years I've been casting votes for politicians.  Cruz' statement doesn't change that one iota for me, and I don't think it does for anybody else here.

I hear ya,  @Cyber Liberty , but I think this cigar is really just a cigar.   I think he sees the much,  much greater threat that Hilary presents and he's going to vote for Trump as the better option, however slight the difference is.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2016, 07:22:53 pm »
Back to topic...

I think Cruz was painted into a corner.

Good thing no one painted him into a clown. No use scaring the ids. I meant no use scaring the kids but ids seems more apropos if you are not Jung.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:31:33 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2016, 07:23:02 pm »

As far as I know, second place finishers in presidential primaries usually, traditionally endorse the party's nominee.

He may be late, but he arrived finally. Ted Cruz had to do this for party unity and for the sake of his career.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2016, 07:24:18 pm »
As far as I know, second place finishers in presidential primaries usually, traditionally endorse the party's nominee.

He may be late, but he arrived finally. Ted Cruz had to do this for party unity and for the sake of his career.

We don't, as is evidenced by the fact that Cruz's action has had virtually no effect on anyone else.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »
I hear ya,  @Cyber Liberty , but I think this cigar is really just a cigar.   I think he sees the much,  much greater threat that Hilary presents and he's going to vote for Trump as the better option, however slight the difference is.

We are not in disagreement here...  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »
This site has been VERY troublesome for me lately.  So if there is a sinister plot, I am on the bad list.   8888crybaby  :silly:

I wasn't being snide when when I suggested people need a secondary activity here sometimes. I was being series when I said I had knitted new winter gear for the entire clan waiting for pages to load.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2016, 07:29:08 pm »
@montanajoe

Remember every time there was server trouble at TOS?  It was always some kind of sinister attack.   :thud:

Yep I do, as I recall it usually happened when the begathons stalled but you are right there was a connection ... :tinfoil:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »
Yep I do, as I recall it usually happened when the begathons stalled but you are right there was a connection ... :tinfoil:

I always thought the slowness during the begathons was lack of a connection.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

This.  The best thing I've seen from you on the subject.   :beer:

The gloating really turned me off, and I respect you a lot more when you don't do that (yes, I know that matters not a wit to you.  I'm fine with that).  This applies to other things as well, BTW.  I can't stand gloating for pretty much any subject.  "Be Magnanimous in Victory."  The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2016, 07:38:39 pm »
@montanajoe

Never attribute malice to what could be simple incompetence.  I always had my doubts that John ever really had a handle on what he was doing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2016, 07:40:19 pm »
Help me out, @Frank Cannon ...how was that "Jew hating garbage?"  Am I missing some context?  My curiosity is genuine.  I know the term "Neocon" is a dirty word for many, is that it?

Neocon is a pejorative term towards Conservative Jews. The Stormfront wing of the Trumpettes love to use it liberally to show their contempt for people of a certain religious background and I hate that with a passion.