Author Topic: Trump questions how much Clinton has helped women, children  (Read 271 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump questions how much Clinton has helped women, children
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:35 pm »
September 22, 2016, 07:51 pm
Trump questions how much Clinton has helped women, children

By Jessie Hellmann

Donald Trump questioned Hillary Clinton's record on women's and children's issues Thursday, saying she hasn't done enough with the time she has been in public office.

"My opponent Hillary likes to say that for decades she's been fighting for women, that she's been fighting for children," Trump said at a rally in Chester Township, Pa.

"Why then are 70 million American women and children living in poverty or on the brink of poverty? She's been there for a long time."

Clinton often highlights the work she has done for women and children while on the campaign trail, frequently mentioning that she got her start working at the Children's Defense Fund after law school.

And she often points to Trump's past of making derogatory comments toward various women.

But Trump on Thursday accused Clinton of embellishing the work she has done for women and children.

"Why has she provided no relief for the millions of Americans in search of affordable, reliable quality childcare?" Trump asked.

"At the Trump Organization and in my campaign for president, women occupy some of the highest positions. I have employed thousands of women in my company," he said, mentioning his campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and his daughter Ivanka.

Trump recently announced his childcare proposal that would guarantee six weeks of paid maternity leave and would allow parents to deduct the cost of childcare expenses from their income taxes.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297377-trump-questions-how-much-clinton-has-helped-women
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34