Author Topic: Bloomberg Poll: Top Earners Switching to Clinton After Decades With GOP  (Read 887 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Bloomberg Poll: Top Earners Switching to Clinton After Decades With GOP
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 07:04 AM

By: John McCormick

Higher-income voters are narrowly supporting Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in another sign of how the 2016 presidential race is fracturing traditional voting blocs.

In a two-way contest, Clinton beats Republican Donald Trump by 4 points among likely voters with annual household incomes of $100,000 or more, the latest Purple Slice online poll for Bloomberg Politics shows:

Hillary Clinton: 46 percent
    Donald Trump: 42 percent

The findings may sound an alarm for Trump because they show he's failing, at least so far, to dominate among a group of voters who historically have supported Republicans, including Mitt Romney in 2012. In that election, the group made up 28 percent of the electorate and backed Romney over President Barack Obama by 10 percentage points, exit polls show.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/top-earners-support-clinton/2016/09/21/id/749310/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Bloomberg Poll: Top Earners Switching to Clinton After Decades With GOP
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:35:52 pm »
So many traditional GOP voting groups are switching sides this year, including most notably, suburban women and white voters of all stripes that have a modicum of education and ambition.   Top earners are also switching sides, it appears, and while not a large group, the motivation appears to be similar - Trump's dangerous, unpredictable and willfully ignorant.   

All is not lost for Trump, because it's becoming clearer that swaths of Obama's coalition will either be staying home or voting third party.   The most recent Quinnipiac poll says fully 29% of millennials (ages 18 to 34) will be voting for Gary Johnson.   

Some of us old farts will be, too.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 01:52:39 pm »
So many traditional GOP voting groups are switching sides this year, including most notably, suburban women and white voters of all stripes that have a modicum of education and ambition.   Top earners are also switching sides, it appears, and while not a large group, the motivation appears to be similar - Trump's dangerous, unpredictable and willfully ignorant.   

All is not lost for Trump, because it's becoming clearer that swaths of Obama's coalition will either be staying home or voting third party.   The most recent Quinnipiac poll says fully 29% of millennials (ages 18 to 34) will be voting for Gary Johnson.   

Some of us old farts will be, too.

Historically, most of the third party votes melt away as the election nears.  I would expect those millenials to go to Hillary simply because they can't see a future with Trump as president.

So, what Trump will be left with are the less educated white men. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »
Historically, most of the third party votes melt away as the election nears.  I would expect those millenials to go to Hillary simply because they can't see a future with Trump as president.

You are way off. Millenials HATE Hitlary. I have a bunch if them as tenants and they were mostly Bern supporters who think she is Satan. They are going 3rd party or sitting home and smoking dope. They are not voting for her though.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »
Top Earners Switching to Clinton After Decades With GOP

They were always with the Liberals.   They were just riding the Conservative horse while they thought it was worth their while,  but their hearts have always been with the Liberals. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »
Trump should be calling for Gary Johnson to be in the debates.   If Johnson can be a viable third party option,  millennials will have an alternative to Hillary.  Clinton is scared spitless of Johnson because he draws from groups that might otherwise vote for a Dem over a fascist.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 05:24:45 pm »

They were always with the Liberals.   They were just riding the Conservative horse while they thought it was worth their while,  but their hearts have always been with the Liberals.

Elitist of both arms of the Democrat Party stick together and have the same goals- to rule the working class.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »

I think this is wishful thinking.

From all accounts Trump has improved among Blacks and Hispanics. Also, hillary has hurt herself with her health issues and clearly doesn't have the enthusiastic base that Trump does. It looks to me like it will be very close and not the blow out I thought it would a couple months ago.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »
You are way off. Millenials HATE Hitlary. I have a bunch if them as tenants and they were mostly Bern supporters who think she is Satan. They are going 3rd party or sitting home and smoking dope. They are not voting for her though.

Great point. I've had a similar experience.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home