Author Topic: Soccer star kneels for anthem in support of Colin Kaepernick By Associated Press  (Read 754 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Soccer star kneels for anthem in support of Colin Kaepernick

By Associated Press

“It was very intentional,” Rapinoe told American Soccer Now after Seattle’s 2-2 tie in the National Women’s Soccer League game. “It was a little nod to Kaepernick and everything that he’s standing for right now. I think it’s actually pretty disgusting the way he was treated and the way that a lot of the media has covered it and made it about something that it absolutely isn’t. We need to have a more thoughtful, two-sided conversation about racial issues in this country.

“Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties. It was something small that I could do and something that I plan to keep doing in the future and hopefully spark some meaningful conversation around it. It’s important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this. We don’t need to be the leading voice, of course, but standing in support of them is something that’s really powerful.”

Read More At: http://nypost.com/2016/09/04/soccer-star-kneels-for-anthem-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

She's a known lesbian but kind of disgusting. Everyone with a gripe, which means everyone could do some sort of protest.  Who hasn't been wronged? Even if someone is done wrong for being gay in the US; one protests the flag? Really? What if I'm obese? Some of these NFL lineman practically are and being overweight one could make the argument, is maligned in the US.

Again, for an upstanding individual in woman's soccer, Tobin Heath is one name.

Offline goodwithagun

She's a known lesbian but kind of disgusting. Everyone with a gripe, which means everyone could do some sort of protest.  Who hasn't been wronged? Even if someone is done wrong for being gay in the US; one protests the flag? Really? What if I'm obese? Some of these NFL lineman practically are and being overweight one could make the argument, is maligned in the US.

Again, for an upstanding individual in woman's soccer, Tobin Heath is one name.

What liberties are not guaranteed to her because she's homosexual?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline NavyCanDo

See the craziness that Kaep started. I predict their will be more stories like this the opening weekend of the NFL, involving several teams. What do they possibly hope to gain by this stupidity?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline goodwithagun

See the craziness that Kaep started. I predict their will be more stories like this the opening weekend of the NFL, involving several teams. What do they possibly hope to gain by this stupidity?

I hope we see a counter play by the patriotic players.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bolobaby

What liberties are not guaranteed to her because she's homosexual?

Kneeling.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!