Author Topic: Schickedanz: Organ wilderness adds to border danger  (Read 946 times)

rangerrebew

Schickedanz: Organ wilderness adds to border danger
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:54:35 am »

Jerry G. Schickedanz, Guest columnist 7:02 p.m. MDT September 3, 2016

Recently, I read in the Las Cruces Sun-News that the international border fence along the railroad tracks at Sunland Park was not adequate and needed to be replaced by a higher and stronger fence. The current chain-link fence had holes and people could cross without difficulty.

What about the border fence as you go west from El Paso? Is it adequate to keep drug couriers and illegal immigrants from crossing? The border fence degrades into just a barbwire fence that may or may not even keep cattle from going back and forth across the international border.

Homeland Security personnel report that the border is safe and secure, apprehensions are down, so the border must be safe. It is not safe just because they tell us it is safe.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/opi...nger/89841852/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Schickedanz: Organ wilderness adds to border danger
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

Jerry G. Schickedanz, Guest columnist 7:02 p.m. MDT September 3, 2016

Recently, I read in the Las Cruces Sun-News that the international border fence along the railroad tracks at Sunland Park was not adequate and needed to be replaced by a higher and stronger fence. The current chain-link fence had holes and people could cross without difficulty.

What about the border fence as you go west from El Paso? Is it adequate to keep drug couriers and illegal immigrants from crossing? The border fence degrades into just a barbwire fence that may or may not even keep cattle from going back and forth across the international border.

Homeland Security personnel report that the border is safe and secure, apprehensions are down, so the border must be safe. It is not safe just because they tell us it is safe.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/opi...nger/89841852/
Apprehensions only happen if they are effectively looking for them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:44:59 pm »
Part of the crime problem caused by open borders, a very secured border would at least lower some of these kinds of things.

I guess it's easier to accuse others of being racist if they want a secure border.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »
Apprehensions only happen if they are effectively looking for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjeITmDmmo

I know I shouldn't make fun of the guy's name, but....
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:50:43 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis