Author Topic: Trump pushes school choice, slams Hillary over bias for bureaucracy  (Read 1950 times)

Offline unknown

Trump pushes school choice, slams Hillary over bias for bureaucracy

http://eagnews.org/trump-pushes-school-choice-slams-hillary-over-bias-for-bureaucracy/

August 20, 2016
Victor Skinner

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump reiterated his positions on education Thursday during one of his first speeches since his campaign changed leadership this week.

What’s clear is The Donald is serious about creating school choice for all parents, particularly minority parents, and he couldn’t care less what the nation’s teachers unions think about it.

“We are going to give students choice and allow charter schools to thrive,” Trump told the audience to a roaring applause. “We are going to end tenure polices that reward bad teachers and hurt our great … teachers.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

HonestJohn

Re: Trump pushes school choice, slams Hillary over bias for bureaucracy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:01:29 am »
So he's running for a local school board?

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:07:18 am »
School choice?

Sounds like another Trump flip-flop

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 04:39:35 am »
I don't feel a need to be fair when it comes to Trump.  I don't feel like I have to give credit for doing the right thing, but as a father, school choice is an issue that hits close to home for me.  I have seen the Trump campaign become more disciplined in the last week.  Trump is reading speeches off a teleprompter and there has been a noticeable drop in outrageous remarks from Trump with the sole purpose of making news.  Time will tell if this is the Presidential pivot Trump fans have been waiting for, but I am noticing a more saavy campaign.

The photo op in Louisiana while Obama was playing golf was very smart.  I'm not rooting for Trump but I do recognize that something has changed for the better.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 05:06:30 am »

The photo op in Louisiana while Obama was playing golf was very smart.  I'm not rooting for Trump but I do recognize that something has changed for the better.

Yes, when he tweets that dead babies mean you should vote Trump, it's smart... when he says that blacks live in squalor and have nothing to lose and that they should vote for him if they don't want shot... so smart. Attacking the hosts of Morning Joe and insinuating they are in a relationship wasn't outrageous at all...
Oh and flip-flopping on immigration and then denying its a flip-flop.
Oh and Trump calling for shutting down the Clinton Foundation while his campaign manager tells the media that it does good things, that was awesome too.

Yep, a well-oiled machine.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:07:05 am by geronl »

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 10:28:46 am »
Yes, when he tweets that dead babies mean you should vote Trump, it's smart... when he says that blacks live in squalor and have nothing to lose and that they should vote for him if they don't want shot... so smart. Attacking the hosts of Morning Joe and insinuating they are in a relationship wasn't outrageous at all...
Oh and Trump calling for shutting down the Clinton Foundation while his campaign manager tells the media that it does good things, that was awesome too.

Those are some pretty good points that Trump still sucks.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 10:54:13 am »

Trump pushes school choice, slams Hillary over bias for bureaucracy

http://eagnews.org/trump-pushes-school-choice-slams-hillary-over-bias-for-bureaucracy/

August 20, 2016
Victor Skinner

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump reiterated his positions on education Thursday during one of his first speeches since his campaign changed leadership this week.

What’s clear is The Donald is serious about creating school choice for all parents, particularly minority parents, and he couldn’t care less what the nation’s teachers unions think about it.

“We are going to give students choice and allow charter schools to thrive,” Trump told the audience to a roaring applause. “We are going to end tenure polices that reward bad teachers and hurt our great … teachers.”

{.. snip ..}

So how does Trump visualize school choice working for inner-city minority students?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:41:13 pm by RedHead »

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 11:14:13 am »
Are we now against school choice now that Trump is supposedly for it?

Nevermind that he's likely to change that position, since when have we been against it?  All of the sudden the doubts come flying out?
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 11:17:32 am »

Nevermind that he's likely to change that position, since when have we been against it?  All of the sudden the doubts come flying out?

Nope. 

I like school choice.  However, I know it's a local issue.

If Trump's campaigning on it, he's trying to run for a local/county/state office seat.

Which means he hasn't yet figured out what office he's running for.

It's a "Dude, are you really *THAT* effing clueless?" moment.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:18:23 am by HonestJohn »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »

@Crazieman

See your tagline.

I also share the same view as your tagline.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:54:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Axel

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »

Good job squelching that dissent. Don't let anyone give Trump any credit for anything ever. How much are you being paid again?

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 06:24:08 am »
Good job squelching that dissent. Don't let anyone give Trump any credit for anything ever. How much are you being paid again?
Nobody is getting paid here Axel.  The nevertrump side is just as passionate about fixing America as you are.  The sooner you learn that the sooner you will understand who you are fighting against.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:26 am »

What credit is due to Trump over this?  What exactly is he proposing?  Charter schools already exist.  How does the federal government enter into school choice?  If you want us to praise Trump what are we praising him for?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 10:52:47 am »
Pardon my ignorance but isn't school choice a state's rights issue?