Author Topic: Donald Trump Breaks The Conservative Media  (Read 961 times)

geronl

Donald Trump Breaks The Conservative Media
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:02:26 am »
Sean Hannity, sitting comfortably in his air-conditioned New York studios on a hot August afternoon, was on a fiery rant.

"Honestly, I am tempted to just say I don't support any of you people ever," he barked.

The Fox News host and conservative personality was fed up with Republican leaders in Washington — and he wasn't hiding it from the millions of listeners tuned into his radio program.

"If in 96 days Trump loses this election, I am pointing the finger directly at people like [House Speaker] Paul Ryan and [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham and John McCain and John Kasich and Ted Cruz — if he won't endorse — and Jeb Bush and everybody else that made promises they're not keeping," Hannity exclaimed, later threatening to endorse Ryan's far-right primary challenger.

The bombastic diatribe against the so-called GOP establishment was nothing new from Hannity. For years, he had cast himself as an outside crusader defending conservative values and principles from a liberal president and, even worse, cowardly Republicans who would allegedly bow to that president's demands.
excerpted

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservative-media-trump-drudge-coulter-2016-8

Offline Applewood

Re: Donald Trump Breaks The Conservative Media
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:21 am »

"The bombastic diatribe against the so-called GOP establishment was nothing new from Hannity. For years, he had cast himself as an outside crusader defending conservative values and principles from a liberal president and, even worse, cowardly Republicans who would allegedly bow to that president's demands."

----------

So why is Hannity now supporting a liberal? 

Hannity and the rest of the so-called conservative pundits supporting Trump have shown their true colors.  They have abandoned any semblance of conservatism to worship a liberal Democrat with an "R" after his name.  They are going to regret their actions when they discover that no one is paying attention to them anymore.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:48 am »

So why is Hannity now supporting a liberal? 

Hannity and the rest of the so-called conservative pundits supporting Trump have shown their true colors.  They have abandoned any semblance of conservatism to worship a liberal Democrat with an "R" after his name.  They are going to regret their actions when they discover that no one is paying attention to them anymore.

Hannity is supporting Trump and everything Trump represents, Hannity now represents the same establishment he has railed against for years.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:23 am »
If we have to ask whether conservative media created Trump, we should not stop there. We should ask who created conservative media. The answer is actually the mainstream media.

Conservative media exists in a world where the mainstream media decided it could feign objectivity, but skew left. My favorite example is the abortion debate where Wendy Davis gets covered as a national story, but Kermit Gosnell is a local crime story. Female pro-abortion activists, labeled ‘pro-choice’, are rarely put on television with female pro-life, labeled ‘anti-abortion’, activists. They are most often put on television with a man. It is a subtle, but intentional, bit of bias.
excerpted

http://theresurgent.com/the-flip-side-of-conservative-media-created-trump/

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 12:03:50 pm »
Hannity is supporting Trump and everything Trump represents, Hannity now represents the same establishment he has railed against for years.
Sean has been FOS for many years now but since he became the Donald's butt boy he has truly become unbearable.  I can't even stand to listen to his whiny, smug voice.   I have lost all respect for 99% of so called conservative media.  Mark Levin is the only one who has retained any sense throughout this whole ordeal.  I have a feeling he and Sean are not the great friends they use to be.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Many of the "conservative" media outlets need to be put down like a rabid dog.

Many of them have become just as bad as Chris Matthews and the like.

Offline Leto

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:30:04 pm »
I don't watch Fox or listen to Hannity. Rush, or the rest anymore. They have exposed themselves as idiots. Guess Limbaugh figures he can get good tee times at Trumps golf resorts.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters