Author Topic: University Hosts “Stop White People” Workshop  (Read 838 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
University Hosts “Stop White People” Workshop
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »
 http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/university-hosts-stop-white-people-workshop

August 24, 2016  Todd Starnes

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/559fd6e7e4b090c945b91506/t/57be0ab5e4fcb50e95e4352f/1472072379634/?format=1000w

Nothing screams tolerance and diversity like a university workshop designed to target white people.

The State University of New York in Binghamton has a bit of explaining to do after they held a workshop titled, “#StopWhitePeople2K16.”

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch: a must-read for Conservatives!

The workshop was an official part of the residential assistant training program at the taxpayer-funded university.

The Binghamton Review, the university’s conservative newspaper, exposed this nonsense and they deserve a round of applause for their efforts.

It’s not exactly clear how they intend to stop all of us white folks, but the course smacks of blatant bigotry disguised as cultural awareness.

Get a load of the course description:

“The premise of this session is to help others take the next step in understanding diversity, privilege, and the society we function within.”

I developed a micro-aggression just reading that nonsense.

“The terrifying implication here is not that students on campus think it is appropriate to call an event by that name, but that the university seems to endorse it as a proper part of a RA training,” Binghamton Review journalist Howard Hecht wrote.

“For a university dedicated to providing an inclusive environment, calling an event ‘#StopWhitePeople2K16’ seems counterproductive at best,” Hecht continued. “The name is divisive.”

Well said, Howard.

You will be relieved to know the grownups at SUNY-Binghamton say they really don’t hate white people.

“We verified that the actual program content was not ‘anti-white’,” said Brian Rose, vice president for student affairs.

Whew! What a relief.

“The program title, ‘#StopWhitePeople2K16’ was drawn from a familiar hashtag in use on Twitter, and was not invented by the program facilitators,” he said in a prepared statement. “It is my understanding that the hashtag is commonly used ironically.”

Ah yes, the old “I’m not a racist, I’m just a plagiarist defense.”

Mr. Rose said as many as 50 RA’s attended the session – which he stressed was voluntary.

The content included discussions on reverse racism, the relationship of communities of color with police, whiteness and so on and so forth.

“What we strive to do from an administrative level is cultivate an environment where our students listen to one another, learn from one another and do so in a manner that doesn’t cause unnecessary harm,” Mr. Rose said. “I have no indication that this particular program was inconsistent with the respectful environment we hope to support and sustain.”

In other words “#StopWhitePeople2K16” is just another name for “Blame the White Guy 101.”

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: University Hosts “Stop White People” Workshop
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »
>>“The terrifying implication here is not that students on campus think it is appropriate to call an event by that name, but that the university seems to endorse it as a proper part of a RA training,” Binghamton Review journalist Howard Hecht wrote.

“For a university dedicated to providing an inclusive environment, calling an event ‘#StopWhitePeople2K16’ seems counterproductive at best,” Hecht continued. “The name is divisive.”

Well said, Howard.

You will be relieved to know the grownups at SUNY-Binghamton say they really don’t hate white people.

“We verified that the actual program content was not ‘anti-white’,” said Brian Rose, vice president for student affairs.<<<

Sumbodie correct me if I am wrong,but ain't that a lot like saying "I don't hate bleep. Some of my best friends are bleep!"?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:22:00 pm by sneakypete »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:55 pm »

Shame on anybody that doesn't like affirmative active reverse discrimination etc.

That makes you an "alt right" or Nazi or fascist these days.

It has been around a long time, but recently has become more open, strident.

January 1969, and my Basic training platoon leader is an affirmative action selection, since he is black, a recent college grad. Most of us were two year draftees, but he was a six month reservist.

At the end of Basic, the platoon leader recommends 10% of the trainees for promotion. He selects mostly the black guys, regardless of their performance.

When asked, our Drill Sargent (a Native American, career soldier) stated that was the way it was. IOW confirming AA, not merit based promotions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axel

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:55:05 pm »
Well folks, they don't call them liberal arts for nothing. Social sciences like these have engendered the PC movement we see in our country from "microaggressions" to trans pronouns, and of course the nonsensical notion that only whites can be racist. Welcome to the liberal church. If the progressives have their way, we will increase funding for these worthless diploma mills. I'm all for promoting STEM education, but if you want to study the social sciences, the taxpayers shouldn't have to subsidize your study which contributes NOTHING to the economy.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 09:01:10 pm »
Shame on anybody that doesn't like affirmative active reverse discrimination etc.

That makes you an "alt right" or Nazi or fascist these days.

It has been around a long time, but recently has become more open, strident.

January 1969, and my Basic training platoon leader is an affirmative action selection, since he is black, a recent college grad. Most of us were two year draftees, but he was a six month reservist.

At the end of Basic, the platoon leader recommends 10% of the trainees for promotion. He selects mostly the black guys, regardless of their performance.

When asked, our Drill Sargent (a Native American, career soldier) stated that was the way it was. IOW confirming AA, not merit based promotions.

@truth_seeker

In 1970 I had my company commander apologize to me for promoting a black guy ahead of me even though I was a combat vet with a LOT more experience and more time in the army. He told me he would give me the next promotion to come down the line,but the black guy had gone to him and told him he would scream racial discrimination and contact the NAACP to see about a lawsuit if he didn't get it.

68-69 was when I first became aware of this crap.