Author Topic: Trump Campaign Manager: We’re Actually Winning Right Now, Because of ‘Undercover Trump Voters’  (Read 1447 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-campaign-manager-were-actually-winning-right-now-because-of-undercover-trump-voters/

Trump Campaign Manager: We’re Actually Winning Right Now, Because of ‘Undercover Trump Voters’

by Alex Griswold |
8:10 am, August 24th, 2016

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told the UK’s Channel 4 that Donald Trump is actually winning the election, but every poll is wrong because Trump voters are undercover.

Conway denied on the Channel 4 special “President Trump: Can He Really Win?” that Trump was losing and denounced the polls that showed him down to Hillary Clinton as “cherry-picked polling numbers that are put out there by media outlets that are also bent on his destruction.”

Donald Trump performs consistently better in online polling where a human being is not talking to another human being about what he or she may do in the election,” she argued. “It’s because it’s become socially desirable, if you’re a college educated person in the United States of America, to say that you’re against Donald Trump.”

“The hidden Trump vote in this country is a very significant proposition,” she insisted.

“Have you been able to put a number on that?” asked the Channel 4 interviewer.

“Yes,” Conway responded confidently.

“What do you think that is?”

“I can’t discuss it,” she said. “It’s a project we’re doing internally. I call it the undercover Trump voter, but it’s real.”

Watch above, via MSNBC.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Super duper double secret probationary voters will carry the day!

Offline sinkspur

Conway knows very well that online polls favor Trump because they're self-selecting and Trump voters love shiny toys like online polls.

A professional pollster has turned into Alex Jones after joining the Trump campaign.  Like all others before her, Conway is wrecking her reputation and destroying her self-respect.

Will she actually continue with this charade or will the shame of having to look in the mirror cause her to walk away from this disaster in a couple of weeks?

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There's likely some truth to this.  Many folks are embarrassed to say they may vote for Trump.   Many don't want to be perceived as supporting a man whose visible supporters appear racist or xenophobic. 

Voting can appeal to one's better angels, or one's basest instincts.   Since the vote takes place in secret, the issue is whether closet racists can be motivated to vote.   And Trump is counting on it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
One possibility is minority men who don't want to vote for Hillary and vote name recognition for Trump. Minorities are automatically counted as voting Dem so it could skew the numbers.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sinkspur

There's likely some truth to this.  Many folks are embarrassed to say they may vote for Trump.   Many don't want to be perceived as supporting a man whose visible supporters appear racist or xenophobic. 

Voting can appeal to one's better angels, or one's basest instincts.   Since the vote takes place in secret, the issue is whether closet racists can be motivated to vote.   And Trump is counting on it.   

Except that this same proposition was put forth during the primaries; that support for Trump was understated because Republican voters were ashamed to say they backed him.

If anything, Trump underperformed his poll numbers in the primaries.  In other words, more people said they were voting for Trump than actually did.  He won the primaries pollsters forecast him to win, but by lower numbers.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-campaign-manager-were-actually-winning-right-now-because-of-undercover-trump-voters/

Trump Campaign Manager: We’re Actually Winning Right Now, Because of ‘Undercover Trump Voters’

by Alex Griswold |
8:10 am, August 24th, 2016

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told the UK’s Channel 4 that Donald Trump is actually winning the election, but every poll is wrong because Trump voters are undercover.

Conway denied on the Channel 4 special “President Trump: Can He Really Win?” that Trump was losing and denounced the polls that showed him down to Hillary Clinton as “cherry-picked polling numbers that are put out there by media outlets that are also bent on his destruction.”

Donald Trump performs consistently better in online polling where a human being is not talking to another human being about what he or she may do in the election,” she argued. “It’s because it’s become socially desirable, if you’re a college educated person in the United States of America, to say that you’re against Donald Trump.”

So Conway is saying the media needs to "cherry pick" the few obscure polls that favor Trump? If you go to the RCP average there is not one poll in the last month that has Trump ahead.
I like how anytime an unfavorable poll comes out, Trumpers quickly call BS. Like maybe their little world of friends, colleagues and fellow posters has total bearing on the outcome of the election. You know while driving to work I saw 6 Trump signs and only 1 Hillary sign. This is going to be a landslide
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year

And I don't think a lot of eventual Hillary voters are that enamored by her that they are shouting their support from the rooftops.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

geronl

They are clearly fooling themselves and fully delusional.

Wingnut

That women doesn't have the good sense God gave her to come out of the rain.  No wonder she was hired by Trump.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Just like the Bradley effect that put President McCain over the top.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Except that this same proposition was put forth during the primaries; that support for Trump was understated because Republican voters were ashamed to say they backed him.

If anything, Trump underperformed his poll numbers in the primaries.  In other words, more people said they were voting for Trump than actually did.  He won the primaries pollsters forecast him to win, but by lower numbers.

Yes,  but I wonder if - as Restored suggests - the hidden voters are folks who didn't vote at all in the GOP primaries.   If I'm a longtime GOP voter, I'm going to have an opinion about him, one way or another.   And I don't see why I'd be afraid saying my preference to a pollster.   

What intrigues me are minorities - blacks and Hispanics - whose communities are solidly against Trump.   Those folks maybe can't or don't want to say they harbor feelings for a candidate who says he wants to eject illegals who they think are taking their jobs.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

Yes,  but I wonder if - as Restored suggests - the hidden voters are folks who didn't vote at all in the GOP primaries.   If I'm a longtime GOP voter, I'm going to have an opinion about him, one way or another.   And I don't see why I'd be afraid saying my preference to a pollster.   

What intrigues me are minorities - blacks and Hispanics - whose communities are solidly against Trump.   Those folks maybe can't or don't want to say they harbor feelings for a candidate who says he wants to eject illegals who they think are taking their jobs.

Except he no longer wants to eject illegals.  Just the bad guys go, like Obama and Bush has done.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:57:38 pm by sinkspur »