Author Topic: White Christian America Is Dead and Trump's Loss Will Prove It, Religion Expert Robert P Jones Says  (Read 3427 times)

geronl

By your logic...Hillary is god's chosen one.

Hillary doesn't need a single swing state to win this election, she has enough safe states to put her over the top

Offline musiclady

I'm not a big fan of mega churches or most of their pastors.

The Methodist church of my youth was an intimate thing where all members knew each other and all were on a first name basis with our pastor (John)

IMO, there is an even greater risk of corruption and lust for power in mega-churches than in smaller, more intimate churches.

I think the mega-church has lost a lot of the sense of the church's being the Body because it's so easy to be there without being a part of anything.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

I'm not a big fan of mega churches or most of their pastors.

The Methodist church of my youth was an intimate thing where all members knew each other and all were on a first name basis with our pastor (John)

Come to the church in the wild-wood, kindly leave your contribution in the pail...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
IMO, there is an even greater risk of corruption and lust for power in mega-churches than in smaller, more intimate churches.

I think the mega-church has lost a lot of the sense of the church's being the Body because it's so easy to be there without being a part of anything.

I went to church with my teachers, kids I went to school with, the family that ran the grocery store etc. It was part of the community.

Silver Pines

Robert Jeffress too, Falwell Jr.

A lot of folks really.

@TomSea

Falwell is an idiot who blocks his own university students on twitter when they object to his Trump adoration.   Shortly after he endorsed, he bought a shopping mall here in town.  Then he later admitted that, yes, Trump did throw some money his way.

Thirty pieces of silver has to be adjusted for inflation.

Offline NavyCanDo

It is no mystery that Protestant Christians vote for the Republican ticket by a huge percentage, be it Trump, Romney, McCain or whoever. But in regards to the death of Christianity claim, the  writer is either not paying attention, he's an idiot, or he's a Secularist zealot. My guess all three. Secularist have been trying to prove their case for the death of Christianity since at least 1966 when TIME Magazine had on their cover just these words, "Is God Dead?".   No He's not, He is alive and well. Even in this day and age some 80 percent of Americans still identify with being Christian of one denomination or another, so the public rightly sees America as a Christian nation still.

Do we need any more proof the Christianity still thrives than looking no further than the movie box-office. Faith based movies are a huge success and very profitable.  The 2015 hit "War Room" cost just $3 million to make but grossed $67.8 million in box-office receipts, and the entertainment industry is taking notice. More and more producers and executives are trying to tap into the market for belief-affirming movies.

Some of the Christian Faith-base popular movies as of late.

God's Not Dead 1 & 2
Fireproof
Miracles From Heaven
Risen
The War Room
Mom's Night Out
Heaven is For Real
Unstoppable
Unbroken

If Christianity is dead, and American is now a secular nation, these movies should have been flops.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

but a power-hungry person and his cliche can control a small church pretty effectively too

Offline dfwgator

I'd say Obama's two elections proved it.

Offline musiclady

but a power-hungry person and his cliche can control a small church pretty effectively too

No doubt about that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.