Author Topic: Trump-Clinton race redraws battle for electoral college  (Read 531 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump-Clinton race redraws battle for electoral college
« on: August 23, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »
August 23, 2016, 06:00 am
Trump-Clinton race redraws battle for electoral college

By Niall Stanage

This year’s extraordinary election campaign is redrawing the political map, leaving experts debating whether the shift is a one-off or a more permanent change.

States expected to be hotly contested battlegrounds, such as Colorado, Virginia and even North Carolina, are shifting into the Democratic column, according to recent polls. Erstwhile Republican strongholds such as Georgia, Arizona and Utah are now competitive.

In Iowa and Ohio, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump is not running as far behind Mitt Romney’s showing in 2012 as he is elsewhere. Both states have a high proportion of white voters and voters without a college degree.

The overall picture is an ominous one for the GOP, according to Republican strategists.

They fear their party could see its fortunes mauled as a consequence of two factors: large-scale demographic changes that make the landscape less hospitable for the GOP, and Trump’s startlingly poor performance so far with normally-reliable pillars of Republican support, such as college-educated whites.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292244-trump-clinton-race-redraws-battle-for-electoral-college
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Trump-Clinton race redraws battle for electoral college
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:05:28 pm »
Somehow, "We told you so" just doesn't do it justice.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 01:08:02 pm »
Money quote.

The overall picture is an ominous one for the GOP, according to Republican strategists.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:03 pm »
"I love the poorly educated."

Good thing, Donald, because they are the Trump party.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.