Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19734 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
They went from vowing to destroy the GOP to joining the GOPE attacking those of us who leave it. They think they're consistent. lol
You summed up this election superbly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »
Like y'all did with Cruz? There's no one unaffected by this race but, those who don't fight to keep Hillary out of office should be the most depressed.

@wolfcreek

Nope, not at all like that.  I was 100% behind Cruz, and I was disappointed the day he dropped out, but it was hardly unexpected.  I was fine the next day...heck, that evening.  Because as much as I like the man, he isn't a savior or a cult figure for me.

In supporting Cruz and donating to him, I did as much as I could to keep Hillary out of the White House.  But then a bunch of people went and nominated a profane, ignorant clown who never had a chance in hell of beating her.   That's on them...wholly and completely.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »
Like y'all did with Cruz? There's no one unaffected by this race but, those who don't fight to keep Hillary out of office should be the most depressed.
Hillary has already won and the little guy is making it look good. Those who will be the most depressed are the ones who believed that trump worked for them (excluding Hillary because she would be correct in this assumption).
Those who will be the least depressed are the ones who read the script and bet accordingly. That is why i remain convinced that some crisis will be manufactured to benefit the public's perception of the little guy before election day. To sweeten the pot.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2016, 06:48:26 pm »
@wolfcreek

Nope, not at all like that.  I was 100% behind Cruz, and I was disappointed the day he dropped out, but it was hardly unexpected.  I was fine the next day...heck, that evening.  Because as much as I like the man, he isn't a savior or a cult figure for me.

In supporting Cruz and donating to him, I did as much as I could to keep Hillary out of the White House.  But then a bunch of people went and nominated a profane, ignorant clown who never had a chance in hell of beating her.   That's on them...wholly and completely.

Perfectly stated.  Thank you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »

You tRumpkins continue to be fixated with Cruz.  Aren't you running against Hilterly?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2016, 07:00:27 pm »
@wolfcreek

Fine! But don't call the rest of us Suckers.

Some of us are loyal to the party.

Tom Cotton, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, if one has problems and names calls others, they also call these politicians these same names.

If Cruz or Cruz supporters do not want to do as Perry did; then so be it.  But to call us suckers because of that is highly questioned.

Now, from the deleted post, I know one can not make a tit-for-tat comparison for the hyperbole of it.

Yes, and I will vote for Trump; by the same token, if the US gets hit by a dirty bomb and Hillary is elected, I tried something to strengthen the countries borders.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2016, 07:01:16 pm »
I deleted Tom's comment this morning I don't know how it got resurrected...and sent Tom a pm about it....case closed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »

Tom Cotton, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, if one has problems and names calls others, they also call these politicians these same names.

If Cruz or Cruz supporters do not want to do as Perry did; then so be it.  But to call us suckers because of that is highly questioned.

Now, from the deleted post, I know one can not make a tit-for-tat comparison for the hyperbole of it.

Yes, and I will vote for Trump; by the same token, if the US gets hit by a dirty bomb and Hillary is elected, I tried something to strengthen the countries borders.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2016, 07:23:09 pm »
One can make their claim Trump is a loudmouth buffoon; as far as I'm concerned, what has hurt the trademark of the Republican party and many others think this way, was the open borders and questionable foreign policy of the Bush administration getting us mired down in a war which I have defended at that.

But please, if one is going to have so much concern about ill manners, there are other things.

Though I voted for Cruz a number of times, he has no experience near what Governors like Perry or Walker, no significant achievements per having the responsibility of running and governing a state.

The primaries are over.

Silver Pines

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2016, 07:25:18 pm »
As a conservative, why would I be loyal to a corrupt organization that holds me in contempt, or to a lifelong liberal simply because he has an "R" behind his name?  Neither deserve my loyalty. 

My vote must be earned, and so should yours be, or you're following blindly in lockstep.  It's no different than black people maintaining loyalty to the Democrats when their party treats them with contempt, as though they're children.

Rick Perry made a fool of himself by branding Trump a cancer on conservatism (he was right), and then campaigning for that cancer.  His credibility is shot, much like that of Chris Christie, Mike Pence, and any number of others who chose to hitch themselves to Trump.

Yeah, like I said, I tried to strengthen the country's borders, too, by supporting Cruz---you know, the guy who was talking about a border wall when Trump was yapping on his reality show.  If you trust THAT guy to build one, you're going to be waiting a long time, since he and his people have already backtracked on the promise.

Silver Pines

« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »
One can make their claim Trump is a loudmouth buffoon; as far as I'm concerned, what has hurt the trademark of the Republican party and many others think this way, was the open borders and questionable foreign policy of the Bush administration getting us mired down in a war which I have defended at that.

But please, if one is going to have so much concern about ill manners, there are other things.

Though I voted for Cruz a number of times, he has no experience near what Governors like Perry or Walker, no significant achievements per having the responsibility of running and governing a state.

The primaries are over.

So is the election.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2016, 07:28:13 pm »
The establishment clearly wanted to put Jeb Bush in, that didn't happen. I'm sure Jeb is a good man, he sounded very able.

To call the establishment "Paul Ryan", it's certainly a different situation.

Even when Romney was run and called "establishment", I certainly had no problems voting for him.

LA Times shows Clinton now is only 1 point ahead.

You have a candidate as questionable as she is, I'll gladly vote for a candidate that is not open borders as our last 2 or 3 presidents have been, who is not a globalist. This isn't hard for me to decide on.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2016, 07:29:36 pm »

The primaries are over.

I think one of the most disconcerting things going on right now, besides the collusion between Clinton Foundation and State Dept, is the saber rattling of the Iranians and their demands.  I may be mistaken, but I believe Obama has agreed to share nuclear technology with these madmen....perhaps they claim it is for 'peaceful' purposes (kinda like their religion) but these guys are serious about wanting to nuke us.

Meanwhile, Obama goes to Japan and talks about how nice disarmament would be.....WHAT?????  He's arming the terrorists.....and wants to disarm America. 

Yes, its about SCOTUS, but its also about THE NUKES!

HonestJohn

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
The establishment clearly wanted to put Jeb Bush in, that didn't happen. I'm sure Jeb is a good man, he sounded very able.

To call the establishment "Paul Ryan", it's certainly a different situation.

Even when Romney was run and called "establishment", I certainly had no problems voting for him.

LA Times shows Clinton now is only 1 point ahead.

You have a candidate as questionable as she is, I'll gladly vote for a candidate that is not open borders as our last 2 or 3 presidents have been, who is not a globalist. This isn't hard for me to decide on.

And I will always support the candidate that wants to see America actively engaged with and leading the world, not hiding behind a wall.

In this election, to my horror, the plurality of GOP primary voters chose a nativist pr*ck who wants us afraid of the world, hiding behind a wall.

That is not who we are as Americans.  Nor should it be.

And I will flatly say that *ANYONE* that seeks for us to cower and hide from the world is *NOT* an American.

HonestJohn

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2016, 08:34:03 pm »
I think one of the most disconcerting things going on right now, besides the collusion between Clinton Foundation and State Dept, is the saber rattling of the Iranians and their demands.  I may be mistaken, but I believe Obama has agreed to share nuclear technology with these madmen....perhaps they claim it is for 'peaceful' purposes (kinda like their religion) but these guys are serious about wanting to nuke us.

Meanwhile, Obama goes to Japan and talks about how nice disarmament would be.....WHAT?????  He's arming the terrorists.....and wants to disarm America. 

Yes, its about SCOTUS, but its also about THE NUKES!

There has been no nuke technology transfer. 
The Iranians have destroyed/are destroying their HEU stockpiles.
There are no talks with Japan to disarm.

Stop reading fake news.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:39:35 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »
There's no one fighting harder to put Hillary in office than Trump.

They should be happy.  They all worship Trump, and he's going to get what he wants in November.

A Hillary victory.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »
It truly is.

But why do so many of them claim they were Cruz supporters?  That part of it is weird to me.
Maybe they were.

Think about it. Recall interpersonal relationships at the JR. High level, when the girl who thought the guy was wonderful but was rebuffed by him, now hates his guts? Or the guy who thought some girl was his Helen of Troy (but found out she liked some other guy) copped an attitude and decided she was lower than cetacean excrement?

I think we're dealing with that level of development and that level of anti-worship. The whole
I hate so-and-so so you have to hate them, too, or you can't be my friend' bit fits the age group.

My God! Maybe half the GOP is posting form their grandmother's basement!  :thud:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
Maybe they were.

Think about it. Recall interpersonal relationships at the JR. High level, when the girl who thought the guy was wonderful but was rebuffed by him, now hates his guts? Or the guy who thought some girl was his Helen of Troy (but found out she liked some other guy) copped an attitude and decided she was lower than cetacean excrement?

I think we're dealing with that level of development and that level of anti-worship. The whole
I hate so-and-so so you have to hate them, too, or you can't be my friend' bit fits the age group.

My God! Maybe half the GOP is posting form their grandmother's basement!  :thud:

Interesting thought.  I've been thinking that they probably weren't telling the truth about being for Cruz.

But maybe it's just the Jr. High emotions at work.  I've seen a lot of that around here lately.

You may be on to something. 

(And I have no doubt about the basement stuff.  :smokin: )

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2016, 09:05:08 pm »

Okay, be loyal to the Party. But would you also work within it to get the Party to be loyal to the principles laid out in the platform? What the Party does in practice is not the same thing, and frankly, that's false advertising. Either that or change the platform to reflect better what the party actually does.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2016, 09:44:35 pm »
@wolfcreek

Sounds like you quit too soon.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2016, 09:48:38 pm »
You tRumpkins continue to be fixated with Cruz.  Aren't you running against Hilterly?

The question would be..."are you against Hillary?"

Are you trying to convince people in your sphere of influence to not vote for her or not vote for Trump?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:49:21 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »
So is the election.

Confessions of the mouth.

Bridle thy tongue.

Silver Pines

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »
Sounds like you quit too soon.

@wolfcreek

How do you figure?  Now it's Hillary or her lifelong liberal friend and donor.

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2016, 10:15:58 pm »
Confessions of the mouth.

Bridle thy tongue.

LOL, no.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2016, 10:19:31 pm »
:amen:
Well said, couldn't agree more.
I voted for Cruz based on the principles and positions he has, not because he was "Ted Cruz".
He could have been anybody.
The constitution and limited government matter to me, and I will vote for the person who is closest in allegiance to those values, regardless of who that person may be.
It is not a cult of personality issue.
It is far more important than that.

Wholehearted agreement.

I don't understand how we got into this nationwide Cult of Personality thing.   This isn't a beauty pageant; this isn't a race for Class President or Homecoming Queen.  This is abut ISSUES THAT MATTER.

Since Clinton, the Dems have glommed onto that Cult of Personality - celebrating Bubba and all Bubba does; and excusing what they cannot deny.  Then comes Barry, the Magic Negro; and finally, here we are with the Church of Clinton once again.

And now we're doing the same simpleton thing, with God the Donald - and the cultists all turn on Lord Trumpy's Emmanuel Goldstein.  Does NOBODY care about SUBSTANCE anymore/

I guess not.  And I guess that's how we got where we are now.  One thing's for sure - we won't stay here; we either get our act together, as a nation, or we become Zimbabwe.