Author Topic: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers  (Read 19712 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Not in My Name, NeverTrumpers
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2016, 11:35:37 pm »
I figure since I am voting Third Party, I am not voting for either of them, which means I am voting for both of them, too. That's three votes. Who knew voting like a Philadelphia Democrat was so easy?

Kinda like Chicago... My grandparents were hard-right Republicans till the day they died. Now they're Democrats. And I haven't spoken to them since.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2016, 11:36:26 pm »
Kinda like Chicago... My grandparents were hard-right Republicans till the day they died. Now they're Democrats. And I haven't spoken to them since.
:silly:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2016, 11:37:23 pm »
And I have said exactly that about a million times already but that doesn't stop them form coming right back with the big LIE!
It fits their master.

It is wearying, but whether they say it once or a million times, it won't make me vote for their boy (either).

I just never suspected so many people rode the short bus to school.   **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2016, 11:38:35 pm »
:laugh:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »
It fits their master.

It is wearying, but whether they say it once or a million times, it won't make me vote for their boy (either).

I just never suspected so many people rode the short bus to school.   **nononono*
Now, now that's not a polite way to say. We just call them 'conservatively challenged'.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 11:41:02 pm »
It fits their master.

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

I never noticed that many either!  Maybe those things had more seats than we imagined!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »
I  have asked a 100x to stop the Nazi references...there is absolutely no comparisons

It's much closer to Mussolini

Offline Fantom

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2016, 11:42:22 pm »
I figure since I am voting Third Party, I am not voting for either of them, which means I am voting for both of them, too. That's three votes. Who knew voting like a Philadelphia Democrat was so easy?

Right.... :beer:    Somewhere in particle physics...this is resolvable. I hear they are finding a particle can be in two places at once... this election is certainly Quarky. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »
Right.... :beer:    Somewhere in particle physics...this is resolvable. I hear they are finding a particle can be in two places at once... this election is certainly Quarky.
Trump seems to think he is the god particle.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44:48 pm »
 :tongue2:
It's much closer to Mussolini

Aye.... my thought exactly. But hey.. the trains will run on time.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2016, 11:46:39 pm »
Trump seems to think he is the god particle.

A very..VERY small god particle maybe, judging by hand size...not YUge, certainly maybe.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2016, 11:47:02 pm »
It is a dark matter. I'm sure there is one, but if you observe it you change it, and it won't be there when you go back, anyway.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2016, 11:49:14 pm »
How do you support a candidate for president without making "it" about that candidate for president?

I would actually prefer it.  Yet every time I try to discuss Trump with a Trump supporter, it always ends up being a conversation about stopping Hillary, or even worse, stopping Ted Cruz.  Even on this very thread, the first mention of Ted Cruz was made by a Trump supporter while all the Cruz supporters tried to keep the focus on Trump.

So let's make 'it' about Trump.  Trump is a liberal.  A very bad liberal.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, about him that could be construed as Conservative.  He is in favor of universal health care, insurance mandates, touchback amnesty.  He opposes free trade, property rights, first amendment freedoms, and states' rights.  He is now proposing an Obama-style stimulus and is willing to borrow the money (on top of the $1 trillion we print up each year).

Hell yes, let's make this about Trump.  And let's do so without mentioning what's-her-name.  Because every time I try to make it about Trump, all I get back is that I am helping what's-her-name win.  If you want it to be about Trump, then sell us on Trump.  Tell us how he will guard the torch of Conservatism and turn our nation away from reckless deficit spending, socialized medicine, and Hoover-style protectionism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2016, 11:56:13 pm »
It is a dark matter. I'm sure there is one, but if you observe it you change it, and it won't be there when you go back, anyway.

Very good.... :th_10444:   trump as "Dark Matter" in  Party Unification Theory.

I Like.

Frederick Douglass

Online Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2016, 11:57:01 pm »
Right_in_Virginia, if the election is about globalism, you'd better put the brakes on supporting Trump.  Only three years ago he was calling for a world without borders and a global economy.

How dare you use Trump's own words against us.  Don't go by what he says.  Trump stands for whatever we want him to stand for, damnit!  Do you want Hillary to win?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »
How dare you use Trump's own words against us.  Don't go by what he says.  Trump stands for whatever we want him to stand for, damnit!  Do you want Hillary to win?

That's about the sum of it.

I know my post won't be addressed.  *shrug*

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2016, 12:04:09 am »

Actually I'm most curious about who they would blame if Trump were to pull off a miracle win and then went on to be the liberal we know him to be.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2016, 12:07:12 am »
Actually I'm most curious about who they would blame if Trump were to pull off a miracle win and then went on to be the liberal we know him to be.

There is NO WAY that will ever happen short of the whole Clintoon Foundation thing blowing up in their faces and THAT will NEVER be allowed to happen!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:07:28 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2016, 12:13:35 am »

Yep, that might be the  best thing.

2020 Now Do You See?

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2016, 12:40:15 am »
Yep, that might be the  best thing.

2020 Now Do You See?

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2016, 12:40:34 am »

Of course who wins the election is more important than your precious conscience or how you feel about voting.  Your country matters more than you do.  Has America become so weak and self-absorbed that people no longer understand what it means to say, "It's not all about you, honey"?

I find that to be an interesting assessment, since at the beginning of all this Trumpmania crap the Trumpettes were squealing about how pissed off they were at the GOP, and they were going to push Orange Glorious onto the rest of us come hell or high water.  No self-absorption there, right?  Remember all that heady talk from Trumpette Nation, led by Orange Glorious himself, how they didn't need our support or vote, because Trump would roll like a steamroller over the entire political landscape because.. THE WALL?

In this case, it means voting for Trump despite whatever shortfalls one sees in him, to save America.

Translation: We effed up the entire election by overestimating the appeal of Trump, and now we need you to bail our sorry, misjudging a**es out in November.

[/quote]

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2016, 12:51:45 am »
Many folks are still quite butt hurt that Ted Cruz lost. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I gotta be mindful of saying "butt hurt."

What I meant to say was many folks are still being intransigent after support for their choosen candidate collapsed.

You see, it's not that #NeverTrump is bitter. No. They're just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away their gut until they can taste the bile in their mouth. Well, I guess they are a little bitter. Either that or they're coming down with something.

Anyway, don't y'all feel better? I did take back that mean 'ol micro-aggression comment.  888high58888

The leader of the butt hurt Brigade where Cruz is concerned is Trump himself. Hes like a bunny boiling spurned lover. He wont let go of his visceral hatred for Cruz and for Conservatives.

All the rest of what you posted is pure projection. You should work at a movie theatre.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:55:01 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2016, 12:54:23 am »
I find that to be an interesting assessment, since at the beginning of all this Trumpmania crap the Trumpettes were squealing about how pissed off they were at the GOP, and they were going to push Orange Glorious onto the rest of us come hell or high water.  No self-absorption there, right?  Remember all that heady talk from Trumpette Nation, led by Orange Glorious himself, how they didn't need our support or vote, because Trump would roll like a steamroller over the entire political landscape because.. THE WALL?

Translation: We effed up the entire election by overestimating the appeal of Trump, and now we need you to bail our sorry, misjudging a**es out in November.

I am always amazed that the Trumpidians believe that one man...or one election is going to "save America".  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2016, 01:05:49 am »
NOT ONE SINGLE WORD ABOUT THE EVER PRESENT DANGER OF HILLARY CLINTON AND THE DEMOCRAT PARTY . Not one word. [other than comparing yourself to her]

Therein lies the problem. This isn't about you, it's about the country...all of us.

Which is exactly why we warned against nominating Trump in the first place.  Nothing did more to assure Hillary's coming landslide win than entrusting our country's fortunes than handing Trump the GOP flag.