Author Topic: Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte insults US ambassador; Calls him "Gay, SOB"  (Read 1026 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/duterte-us-ambassador-comments/index.html

by: Euan McKirdy, CNN

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte called the US ambassador to his country a "gay son of a bitch" in a speech, prompting US diplomats to raise the issue with their Filipino counterparts in Washington.

Recounting Secretary of State John Kerry's visit to the country, Duterte, speaking Tagalog, said that he was feuding with US Ambassador Philip Goldberg.

"I was with (Incoming defense chief General) Delfin Lorenzana. We talked to Kerry, he was actually OK because I had a fight with his ambassador. I told him: 'your ambassador is a gay son of a bitch.'"

"I was annoyed at him, for interfering in the elections, giving statements here and there. He wasn't supposed to do that."

He also called Kerry "crazy" and suggested that he "offend" him more to get more aid.

"Kerry came here, we had a meal, and he left me and Delfin $33 million. I said, OK, maybe we should offend them more, so this crazy will just give more money, just to make peace. So, it's all about the money."

Duterte's comments came as he addressed troops at the country's Armed Forces Central Command Headquarters on August 5.

US State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau said the department had summoned the Filipino chargé d'affaires to "clarify" Duterte's remarks.

"We have asked the Philippines chargé to come into the State Department to clarify those remarks," she said at a briefing.

Goldberg has been the US ambassador to the Philippines since November 2013.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST ....

geronl

The next El Presidente who ends up removed from power by a coup in 12 years or so.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
US State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau said the department had summoned the Filipino chargé d'affaires to "clarify" Duterte's remarks.

"We have asked the Philippines chargé to come into the State Department to clarify those remarks," she said at a briefing.

I expect the clarification to go something like this, " Let me clarify, President Duarte actually meant to say that he was a really dumb, gay son of a bitch" and would like to know if that crossed one of President Obama's red lines.

Even the Filipinos know that our country is run by Clowns.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The next El Presidente who ends up removed from power by a coup in 12 years or so.

I'm guessing it will be sooner. I give him 5 years.

geronl

I'm guessing it will be sooner. I give him 5 years.

Wow, the 10% of the masses who actually give a crap are all riled up, I guess. :p

Offline mountaineer

"Kerry came here, we had a meal, and he left me and Delfin $33 million. I said, OK, maybe we should offend them more, so this crazy will just give more money, just to make peace. So, it's all about the money."
The money this hapless, ignorant administration continues to pour into the hands of whackjobs, dictators and tyrants, with reckless abandon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org