Author Topic: Obama’s Cash Payment to Iran Was More Than a Ransom — It Broke Criminal Law ....By Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 1157 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Obama’s Cash Payment to Iran Was More Than a Ransom — It Broke Criminal Law
The president hoped to camouflage what he knew to be against the law.
By Andrew C. McCarthy — August 6, 2016

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?

Outrage broke out this week over the revelation that Obama arranged to ship the mullahs piles of cash, worth $400 million and converted into foreign denominations, reportedly in an unmarked cargo plane. The hotly debated question was whether the payment, which the administration attributes to a 37-year-old arms deal, was actually a ransom paid for the release of American hostages Tehran had abducted.

It is a waste of time to debate that point further. The Iranians have bragged that the astonishing cash payment was a ransom — and Obama has been telling us for months that we can trust the Iranians. The hostages were released the same day the cash arrived. One of the hostages has reported that the captives were detained an extra several hours at the airport and told they would not be allowed to leave until the arrival of another plane — inferentially, the unmarked cargo plane ferrying the cash. The reason American policy has always prohibited paying ransoms to terrorists and other abductors is that it only encourages them to take more hostages. And, as night follows day, Iran has abducted more Americans since Obama paid the cash. No matter how energetically the president tries to lawyer the ransom issue, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . .

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438744/iran-ransom-payment-president-obama-broke-law-sending-cash-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course it did but who in this government is going to do a damned thing about it?

I'll tell you the answer to that! NO ONE!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Of course it did but who in this government is going to do a damned thing about it?

I'll tell you the answer to that! NO ONE!

BINGO

That, and the American Sheeple have been conditioned for decades to tolerate damned near anything.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It was stunning to watch Obama with his condescending, snarky, smirking dismissal of this illegal act. He should have been impeached a thousand times over for his treasonous acts and statements.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It was stunning to watch Obama with his condescending, snarky, smirking dismissal of this illegal act. He should have been impeached a thousand times over for his treasonous acts and statements.

Indeed! SHOULD have!  But we have a feckless congress that totally REFUSES to do it's job!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

BINGO

That, and the American Sheeple have been conditioned for decades to tolerate damned near anything.

The democrats & media publicly roasted Reagan and kicked off a five year long witch hunt for something somewhat similar.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time, once again, to post an image old-timers at this site will remember: