Author Topic: Get ready for the nastiest, most unpredictable campaign you can imagine  (Read 1074 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article92532062.html

July 29, 2016 6:00 AM
Get ready for the nastiest, most unpredictable campaign you can imagine

Clinton has to energize African Americans, Latinos, women

Trump has to keep up the outrage over government

Both candidates vying for younger voters

By David Lightman

PHILADELPHIA

America’s about to endure the closest, nastiest, most unpredictable presidential election in more than three decades.

Not since Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan ran against each other in 1980 has the choice been so stark, the warnings from each candidate about the other so dire, the likely outcome so murky.

As this year’s political conventions end, there’s no clear favorite. But watch the polls next week. The leader in the first polls conducted entirely after the convention ends has won the White House every time since 1948.

“That’s when the dust settles. That is the person who ends up taking the oath of office,” said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, at a Morning Buzz breakfast hosted this week by McClatchy.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article92532062.html#storylink=cpy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:48:00 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Not since Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan ran against each other in 1980 has the choice been so stark,

ridiculous and absurd, they are both liberal big government Democrats
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:58:59 pm by geronl »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I welcome "the nastiness" and will revel in the "unpredictability".

The country is divided.
More than just "divided", it's BITTERLY divided.
This election is not about mere "choices", but HARSH choices.

The other side hates our guts and would just about "send us to the camps" if it could.
And there's no love here for the other side, with good reason.

Because of the divisions between the right and the left, no matter which side wins will result in a lot of pain on the other side. That's to be expected when a nation becomes so fractured.

So then, LET the choices be harsh, if they must be so.
Let the nastiness reflect that -- we have reason to be that way.

And I'm glad we've finally got a down-in-the-mud brawler on our side for a change!

geronl

The country is divided.

Trump and Hillary are on the same side.

HonestJohn

The country is divided.
More than just "divided", it's BITTERLY divided.
This election is not about mere "choices", but HARSH choices.

The other side hates our guts and would just about "send us to the camps" if it could.
And there's no love here for the other side, with good reason.

Because of the divisions between the right and the left, no matter which side wins will result in a lot of pain on the other side. That's to be expected when a nation becomes so fractured.

So then, LET the choices be harsh, if they must be so.
Let the nastiness reflect that -- we have reason to be that way.

And I'm glad we've finally got a down-in-the-mud brawler on our side for a change!

There is only one side that is throwing up imagery of boxcars, calls for internal ethnic cleansing, and wants to purge America of a particular religious group.

The other side wants to make you share bathrooms with members of the opposite sex and make you play more for goods, services, and energy.  And more taxes, too.

Offline Stosh

Trump and Hillary are on the same side.

Very true, but the country is divided in much the same way as it was in 1861.  Only difference is the geography, where each side lives today....

Offline Dirt for sale

Nothing unpredictable about it. Hillary wins, unless Mars attacks in the interim. Then, maybe Jack Nicholson has a shot.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:50:32 am by Dirt for sale »

Offline roamer_1

*YAWN*

I've got no dog in the hunt (unless Castle takes off)... So I'll be catching up on my fishing... peacefully unplugged... 3 whole months of tranquil water settings with a big steaming cup of 'I don't give a ****'.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Nothing unpredictable about it. Hillary wins, unless Mars attacks in the interim. Then, maybe Jack Nicholson has a shot.

Better stock up on these.....

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:12:41 am by guitar4jesus »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
*YAWN*

I've got no dog in the hunt (unless Castle takes off)... So I'll be catching up on my fishing... peacefully unplugged... 3 whole months of tranquil water settings with a big steaming cup of 'I don't give a ****'.

It's rather liberating, isn't it.  :laugh:

Think I'll keep sniping at both sides - sort of like watching Liverpool play Man U.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Dirt for sale

guitar4jesus,

I love slim, and have half a dozen of his records : )

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Better stock up on these.....

Please, there is such a thing (still) as the Eighth Amendment!

I've been stocking up on . . .

. . . among others . . .  ;)

Because one gander at this campaign and brother, have you got the blues!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.