Author Topic: Marco Rubio: Relax, Trump Will Learn On The Job  (Read 925 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Marco Rubio: Relax, Trump Will Learn On The Job
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:31:49 am »
SOURCE: BUZZFEED

URL: https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/marco-rubio-trump-will-learn-on-the-job?utm_term=.xe2ZpxrLk#.prx5PZ2WN

by: Andrew Kaczynski

“And that’s my sense of it, as he settles into this role as the nominee and ultimately the president, access to these issues is going to begin to, in some ways, kind of shape some of the policy positions given reality versus perhaps what you might read about on a blog somewhere.”

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says his “sense” is that Donald Trump’s positions on issues will more fully develop as he takes on the role as president.

“I view the Senate as a place that can always act as a check and balance on whoever the next president is,” Rubio said on WGN radio on Wednesday. “I also think there’s something to be said for, once you’re actually in that position, once you’re actually working at this thing, and you’re in there, and you start to have access to information that perhaps you didn’t have before, especially for someone that’s never been in politics, I think it starts to impact your views a little bit.”

“And that’s my sense of it, as he settles into this role as the nominee and ultimately the president, access to these issues is going to begin to, in some ways, kind of shape some of the policy positions given reality versus perhaps what you might read about on a blog somewhere. So I think that’s gonna be a real factor,” Rubio said.

Rubio added that even though it’s an “open question” whether Trump will ultimately become more informed on the issues, “we know exactly what we’re gonna get” from Hillary Clinton.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Marco Rubio: Relax, Trump Will Learn On The Job
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 01:48:54 am »
To even get the Job, he first has to learn how to be the Nominee, and evidence is showing he still is making horrible mistakes, that can only be stopped if he keeps his pie hole shut.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:50:35 am »
Eh, like Obama did?

God help us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 01:54:40 am »
To learn something, one must first admit they don't know everything.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 01:56:30 am »
More 'You have to vote for it to see what's inside'...

**nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 02:06:56 am »
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says his “sense” is that Donald Trump’s positions on issues will more fully develop as he takes on the role as president.

“I view the Senate as a place that can always act as a check and balance on whoever the next president is,” Rubio said on WGN radio on Wednesday. “I also think there’s something to be said for, once you’re actually in that position, once you’re actually working at this thing, and you’re in there, and you start to have access to information that perhaps you didn’t have before, especially for someone that’s never been in politics, I think it starts to impact your views a little bit.”

“And that’s my sense of it, as he settles into this role as the nominee and ultimately the president, access to these issues is going to begin to, in some ways, kind of shape some of the policy positions given reality versus perhaps what you might read about on a blog somewhere. So I think that’s gonna be a real factor,” Rubio said.

This succinctly illustrates why Marco Rubio should never be given access to the White House.

It's about leadership, stupid.  The President doesn't have 99 other Senators that he can deflect blame upon when he makes the wrong call on something.  He has to know the consequences for his actions up front.  Unlike the Senate, he doesn't get a do-over.  He doesn't get to invade Afghanistan before not invading Afghanistan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 02:07:18 am »
That doesn't make any less liberal or dangerous

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 02:08:24 am »
Just when Marco was starting to repair his damaged image.

Now we see WHY he made stupid mistakes, both with the Gang of Eight and then in campaigning for President.  I won't say he's stupid; he's not stupid like Trump is stupid; but there's some sloppy thinking going on there.

He's trying to be a good GOP soldier.  The problem is, he's been given a sack of excrement to sell; and he's trying to pass it off as tapioca pudding.

Without doing anything about the scent.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 03:28:07 am »
This succinctly illustrates why Marco Rubio should never be given access to the White House.

It's about leadership, stupid.  The President doesn't have 99 other Senators that he can deflect blame upon when he makes the wrong call on something.  He has to know the consequences for his actions up front.  Unlike the Senate, he doesn't get a do-over.  He doesn't get to invade Afghanistan before not invading Afghanistan.

It's comments like this why Marco lost his home state in the presidential primary. Yes, we need to keep the majority in the Senate and the GOP senate seat in FL is crucial.  The primary for his seat is in a couple of weeks.  Nope. Can't vote for him.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 03:48:52 am »
So he'll learn on the job? We're not voting for a Celebrity Apprentice.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk