Author Topic: Reagan column: Trump is the only real option for president - Michael Reagan  (Read 408 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Reagan column: Trump is the only real option for president

MICHAEL REAGAN MAKING SENSE

The stunt Ted Cruz pulled at the GOP convention in Cleveland on Wednesday night may someday become known as his mistake on the lake.

By making a point not to endorse Donald Trump in his speech and telling people to vote their “conscience” in the fall, Cruz did his own political future and his conservative principles no favors. He merely made himself look like a political brat and made a few million new enemies in the Republican Party who are unlikely to forgive him when 2020 comes around.

Cruz also broke one of my father’s most important rules – always support the party’s nominee.

My father did that at the bitterly fought Republican convention in 1976 after he narrowly failed to take the nomination away from President Gerald Ford.

In his speech before the convention, my father didn’t come right out and say “I endorse Gerald Ford” but he made it clear that he wanted Republicans to unite behind Ford and win the election, not vote their “conscience.”

Cruz, for all his brains and Constitutional principles, didn’t do the right thing for himself, his party or the country.

Read more at: http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/opinion/columnists/article_ffa037d1-3ece-5713-b5a7-7604a5b1a4c6.html

geronl

Trump is no option at all. Not for someone unwilling to surrender all principles.

Offline aligncare

Well, I see Michael has finally come around to his senses.

Offline sinkspur

There is absolutely nothing in Michael Reagan's bona fides to qualify him to somehow personify his father, other than his last name.

Both  living former Republican presidents, and both former GOP nominees for president have basically shunned Trump.  That speaks louder than anything Michael Reagan might have to say.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:16:18 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

"Cruz also broke one of my father’s most important rules"

Oh please. Michael's father thought that not speaking ill of a fellow republican so important that he dubbed it the Eleventh Commandment.

The candidate he supports, Donald Trump, made breaking that rule the only strategy he employed - all primary long.

Achieve something for yourself, Michael, and stop pretending to channel your father. You just aren't well enough equipped.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The only intellectual defense for voting for Trump, as it has been stated ad nauseum, is that people have no other choice.

Well, you're witnessing a dying party because of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

Blow it out your ass Mike....

Michael Reagan: My Father Wouldn't Have Voted for Trump

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Michael-Reagan-Trump-Ronald-Reagan/2016/06/11/id/733423/#ixzz4FeoNVeRu