Author Topic: David Duke: Trump Left The Door Open To Supporting My Candidacy  (Read 631 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/david-duke-trump-left-the-door-open-to-supporting-my-candida?utm_term=.ls8a0k5Rm#.vdnA0gyv8

David Duke: Trump Left The Door Open To Supporting My Candidacy

“So he did something, I think he felt like he did as much as he could do.”

posted on Jul. 25, 2016, at 3:19 p.m.

Andrew Kaczynski

White nationalist and former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke says Donald Trump “did as much as he could” to leave the door open to supporting his Senate bid.

On Meet The Press on Sunday, Trump was asked if he would support a Democrat over Duke. Trump answered, “I guess, depending on who the Democrat, but the answer would be yes.”

During his radio show on Monday, Duke noted that Trump didn’t rule out support for his candidacy.

“‘Would you vote for a Democrat against David Duke’ and Trump says, ‘well, I guess it depends who the Democrat will be so the answer is yes,’” Duke said. “You know, like maybe if there’s a good Democrat. But that’s not the answer they wanted and the headlines there were all over the place, you know, Trump basically said he could possibly vote, he could vote for David Duke if he was running against a liberal Democrat. So he did something, I think he felt like he did as much as he could do.”

Duke said earlier in the program that he’s never in his political career seen his support as high as it was when he announced his candidacy for Senate as a Republican last week.

“Since my declaration, I’ve never ever seen the level of overwhelming support in my whole political life as I received when I announced my candidacy for the United States Senate in Louisiana,” Duke said.

Duke also reaffirmed his support for Trump in the broadcast.

“I said to my people that they should support Donald Trump, I believe that absolutely with all my heart today because we have no other alternative than Donald Trump and I think he’s doing some great things for the party and for our people,” said Duke.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: David Duke: Trump Left The Door Open To Supporting My Candidacy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:03:23 pm »
Will Trump supporters now tell us we have to support David Duke in order to preserve a conservative majority in the Supreme Court?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
Duke is right.  Trump left open the possibility that he would support him

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:15:19 pm »
Will Trump supporters now tell us we have to support David Duke in order to preserve a conservative majority in the Supreme Court?
Yes and if you don't you must want Hillary. If this were TOS some bucktoothed southern hillbilly trailer trash who dreams of being a plantation owner would be along to tell us of their glorious history of patriotism.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:00 pm »
Yes and if you don't you must want Hillary. If this were TOS some bucktoothed southern hillbilly trailer trash who dreams of being a plantation owner would be along to tell us of their glorious history of patriotism.

Ain't that the truth!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »
Duke is right.  Trump left open the possibility that he would support him
As much as I dislike Trump this is certainly not what he said.  You have to read the entire context of what he said, he said he would NOT support Duke.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »
Major Political Story

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 04:22:01 pm »
As much as I dislike Trump this is certainly not what he said.  You have to read the entire context of what he said, he said he would NOT support Duke.
Give him a break. Lot's of people listen to Trump and hear exactly what they want no matter what was said. It's why Trump's word salad bars are so popular.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »
GHW Bush had NO problem at all telling people to vote for the democrat when Duke was running for public office years ago.
DT has no problem saying maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't.  But of course, that's his way and the trumpeteers are jumping for  joy.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 05:42:26 pm »

When asked if he would support a Democrat over Duke he said it would depend on the Democrat.  Admittedly his response was patented Trump gibberish so his supporters can claim he said he wouldn't support Duke while his detractors said he left the door open and both would be right.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »
David Duke, a Trump Party aficionado

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »

It's Trump, his words mean nothing. They are clouds of sound that come from his mouth and their meaning depends on many factors and could change just because.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »
It's Trump, his words mean nothing. They are clouds of sound that come from his mouth and their meaning depends on many factors and could change just because.
But of course....like the wall...just a starting point for negotiation...lol.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 08:44:54 pm »

Yes, they will. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 08:51:46 pm »
You see, this is why I can't be a politician. I could never give Trump's PC answer if asked if I could support him of:

“I guess, depending on who the Democrat, but the answer would be yes.”

I would probably say something like: Are you ****** kidding. I would rather eat a live scorpion while sitting naked on a cactus watching Hillary in a bathing suit than do a thing to support that vile, racist, inbred, piece of crap.

But that's just me.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 08:53:21 pm »

Yep, he was just giving one of those softball PC answers as to not offend the VDare base so he doesn't lose their votes.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 09:02:43 pm »
Trump is an idiot but he is by no means STUPID. So, no, he's not going to support Duke, no matter who the Democrat is.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 09:03:10 pm »

He hemmed and hawed before saying "no."  Every Trump statement when it comes to race is a dog-whistle to the alt-right.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 09:07:58 pm »
He hemmed and hawed before saying "no."  Every Trump statement when it comes to race is a dog-whistle to the alt-right.

Anything less than a full-throated "NO!" will not be good enough for the MSM and the Democrats. Given Trump's record, it's likely that many will only see it as another Trump "suggestion."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »
I watched the interview and Trump actually said NO before the question was even finished....then he said no several more times.....then finally at the end he kind of blew it off and said he might.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 11:28:37 pm »
There is no primary.

Democrats and Republicans run in the same bunch. The top 2 go to a run-off.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 04:11:53 am »
The question I ask is should the RNC do whatever it can to stop Duke?  I think the answer is yes.  Duke is bad for the GOP.  Then the question becomes shouldn't the RNC have done whatever it could to stop Trump? 

I wish the GOP had a chairman with balls like Debbie Whatzername Shultz instead of a Prebus.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 04:21:37 am »
The question I ask is should the RNC do whatever it can to stop Duke?  I think the answer is yes.  Duke is bad for the GOP.  Then the question becomes shouldn't the RNC have done whatever it could to stop Trump? 

I wish the GOP had a chairman with balls like Debbie Whatzername Shultz instead of a Prebus.

There's a good point. Where is the current GOP leaders in shutting this racist up......and then when are they going to tell Duke the same?