Author Topic: Priebus: Trump wasn't claiming to be 'factual' when he linked Cruz's dad to JFK assassin  (Read 607 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/priebus-trump-wasnt-claiming-to-be-factual-when-he-linked-cruzs-dad-to-jfk-assassin/article/2597525#.V5VSU1RNJCY.twitter

Priebus: Trump wasn't claiming to be 'factual' when he linked Cruz's dad to JFK assassin

By PHILIP KLEIN (@PHILIPAKLEIN) • 7/24/16 6:53 PM

PHILADELPHIA — RNC Chairman Reince Priebus on Sunday said that Donald Trump wasn't claiming to be passing on "factual information" when he linked Sen. Ted Cruz's dad to President Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald a day after accepting the Republican presidential nomination.

"He's got a right to talk about whatever he wants to talk about, however, I don't think he was ever saying this was some sort of factual information," Priebus said at a press conference on the eve of the Democratic National Convention. "It was something he referred to. He's talked about it, he's gotten off from it. As far as I'm concerned, we can move on from it."

In May, Trump first attempted to link Cruz's father to JFK's assassin, and he reiterated it again on Friday, following the uproar over Cruz's decision not to endorse Trump in his Wednesday convention speech.

"I think he mentioned it in passing and everybody glommed onto it and it became a controversy, but I think as far as the overall picture of Donald Trump —" Priebus said, "I mean, that is one rhetorical issue that you can all debate until the cows come home, but it doesn't identify the Donald Trump campaign."

Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort pointed the finger at Cruz himself for reviving the controversy. "It was raised by Sen. Cruz on Friday morning after the convention, it wasn't raised by Mr. Trump," he said. "Certainly, Sen. Cruz's behavior at the convention on Wednesday was disappointing, and he was commenting on Sen. Cruz's comments."

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
So glad we have the GOPe translating from Trumpish to English for us.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

"I think he mentioned it in passing and everybody glommed onto it and it became a controversy, but I think as far as the overall picture of Donald Trump —" Priebus said, "I mean, that is one rhetorical issue that you can all debate until the cows come home, but it doesn't identify the Donald Trump campaign."

Of course it identifies the Trump campaign.  This is who Trump is: vindictive, conspiratorial, unmoored from reality.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:07:20 am by sinkspur »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So he was lying about "Lyin Ted"?

How bout letting Trump man up and tell us this stuff himself.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Of course it identifies the Trump campaign.  This is who Trump is: vindictive, conspiratorial, unmoored from reality.

Priebus is a fool.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline sinkspur

Presidential candidate tries to rally the nation with his opinion of cable television.  Scottynell Hughes and Jeffrey Lord, you're in trouble!!

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
The @CNN panels are so one sided, almost all against Trump. @FoxNews is so much better and the ratings are much higher. Don't watch CNN!

geronl

Trump said the accusation had not been denied and that the Enquirer should get a Pulitzer.

Wince Creepus is a limp-wristed joke who should resign

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump said the accusation had not been denied and that the Enquirer should get a Pulitzer.

The very day after Trump made the accusation the first time, Trump went on Wolf Blitzer's show and said he didn't believe it was true but he wanted to make sure and win. Trump is the lowest form of scum there is.

And since the enquirer wouldn't put something on its cover if its wasn't true.....

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Own it Rinse...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

This is one example of the clean up the RNC and Trump's handlers will be doing from now till the election.

We're going to see a lot more of this in the coming weeks
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Vulcan

Reince Priebus = the male version of Wasserman Shultz.

Offline livius

Yes, but only on a good day is he like the horrible Wasserman Schulz. I don't even know where they found Reince. He seems to be a total wuss, has no principles whatsoever, and I think he's one of the main reasons we're stuck with this orange maniac as a totally embarrassing - no, worse, humiliating - candidate.

Oceander

What else was he being?  He made what was a statement of fact, not a statement of fantasy.

Offline SirLinksALot

Of course this has been denied. Ted Cruz called the accusation GARBAGE.

His spokesman reiterated this and said: "it was “another garbage story in a tabloid full of garbage.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730#ixzz4FNxMCqPy

Offline Cripplecreek

Of course this has been denied. Ted Cruz called the accusation GARBAGE.

His spokesman reiterated this and said: "it was “another garbage story in a tabloid full of garbage.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730#ixzz4FNxMCqPy

But Donald says they wouldn't print it if it wasn't true.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
This is one example of the clean up the RNC and Trump's handlers will be doing from now till the election.

Trump could have fixed this l-o-n-g ago, by telling Ted Cruz, "I'm sorry." Two small words, with some fill in as necessary; but that's it!

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

[Yes, Donald, that's h-o-n-o-r.]
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I don't know is it any easier to push Trump if you can pretend it didn't happen?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

They're gonna need a bigger shovel!

Offline Frank Cannon

Wrench Pubic is a greasy weasel and makes Micheal Steele look like a competent RNC Chairman.