Author Topic: You have to read Trump’s bananas attack on Ted Cruz for yourself  (Read 8040 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: You have to read Trump’s bananas attack on Ted Cruz for yourself
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »
I agree.   Here is the ONLY upside for me.   I live in Oklahoma.  There is NO WAY that this state will vote for Hillary.   We are not even close to being a swing state.   Vote your conscience, for freedom, and for the constitution.   Voting my conscience means I am going to leave the president choice empty and vote the down ticket..... knowing my presidential vote will not make a difference either way.   Vote your conscience.
I noticed that in Oklahoma the Constitution Party is making progress toward getting on the ballot. Please check the Constitution Party out.
I do not see any relief coming from either the GOP (especially with the rules changes to concentrate and maintain power this year) nor the Democrats, so I think it is time to find a third party we can live with and work to make it a force in national politics.
I have trouble disagreeing with the principles there, for the most part, and would vote as much for the platform as the candidate. It is far closer than the other two alternatives, without the libertine aspects of the Libertarian Party. YMMV, but if at any point in the future a third party is going to be a force to reckon with, we have to lend an existing one our support or start a new one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »
Trump is not schizophrenic, an Axis I  diagnosis. He is a poisonous narcissist, an Axis II diagnosis. There are no medications for this disorder. It takes insight to see the one has a personality disorder.  Trump has none and will never get any since he surrounds himself with enablers and sycophants. Even is he were to seek therapy, he is 70, and doesn't have enough years left to undo his skewed world-view. He is vindictive and carries grudges for years. He is unfit for any government office.

Speaking of narcissist, he released an ad via Twitter on Saturday – pictures of him speaking at the convention, cheesy background music that wouldn’t even make good bumper music for The Weather Channel’s Weather on the 8’s, with the captions - “75 MINUTES TOTAL SPEECH TIME,” “24 MINUTES TOTAL APPLAUSE,” “33% TIME SPENT APPLAUDING.”.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/757012114460569604?lang=en

:shrug:

Some of the comments were funny though:

Paolo Gregoletto ‏@TriviumPaolo  Jul 24
@realDonaldTrump did you make this for Adult Swim?

dave mcdonald ‏@cmoses6  Jul 23
@bruce_arthur Like what the hell. He's like Charlie sheen getting praise at the strippers. #winning. %of applause. Really?

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »
I think sleep deprivation affects different people differently, but here goes.
I cannot imagine dealing with the scope and variety of decisions which would be necessary as POTUS under similar circumstance.
@austingirl
@mystery-ak
@Unlimited
Thanks for your long post documenting what happened to you due to sleep deprivation.  I have tested/worked with brain injured people and/or people with personality disorders.  I know how to evaluate human behavior - what behavior tells me to expect; I was also an EMT (emergency medical technician) and had to know what certain behaviors of patients told me about their medical condition when I responded to a medical emergency.   

I have said on a thread that Trump's lack of deep sleep does not allow his brain to reset so it is constantly on alert.  Deep sleep is also when the body repairs itself so that doesn't happen with Trump.  Through the years, he has controlled his surroundings as he hasn't worked within the boundaries a company would set if he was employed by one.  Instead, he does what he wants when he wants.

If he wins, he will be confronted with all the problems the president has on a 24 hr. basis.  I have said I think his brain won't be able to keep up that pace and it will shut down.  I think he will physically collapse when his brain shuts down.  I see behavior that tells me that.  His brain appears to stay confused and that is why his speech is the pits (of course, you know "pits" is a medical term :nono: ), speaking with words that don't connect correctly with other words, speaking in unconnected phrases, seldom making an understandable complete sentence.

Two examples of behavior telling me what had happened or going to happen to two people:
I was in our Republican office across from the county courthouse on an election day.  A worker came in and told me the county clerk was making strange decisions.  I listened to what that person said about the county clerk's behavior and I determined she had a brain stroke.  Within an hour an ambulance came and took her to the hospital - she had a stroke.

The husband of my mother-in-law, was sick of certain ailments.  He was my husband's step-father. We went there to visit and when we left I told my husband his step-father would likely be dead within a week.  He died two days later.  I heard his breathing, determined his lungs were full of fluid.

Perhaps I am wrong about what Trump's behavior tells me.  I have gone back to his childhood behavior until his behavior today, to evaluate him psychologically and medically (sleep deprivation), but I haven't done that with him in front of me, so maybe I am wrong.  If sleep deprivation hasn't affected him, if he has no personality disorder as his behavior suggests, then he is the "greatest" as he says he is.  :thud:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:55:24 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »
A bit more about sleep:

"During the deep stages of non-rem sleep (deep sleep), the body repairs and regrows tissues, builds bone and muscle, and strengthens the immune system."

There is also REM sleep:  "Usually, REM sleep happens 90 minutes after you fall asleep. The first period of REM typically lasts 10 minutes. Each of your later REM stages gets longer, and the final one may last up to an hour. Your heart rate and breathing quickens.  You can have intense dreams during REM sleep, since your brain is more active."

During rem sleep, when you have dreams (even if you don't know it, don't remember them), your body paralyzes itself so you don't hurt yourself while dreaming.  During this time, the brain works on what you have given it during the day - memories are put into "boxes" (my word) so you can pull them out and consider them later.

If a person, as Trump says he does, only sleeps three hours a night, those deep sleep body/brain repairs aren't made or not made completely, and dreams don't happen or doesn't happen enough, to make the body/brain work well together.

I actually heard Trump talk about his sleep.  He said he doesn't sleep long BECAUSE HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING EVERY MINUTE.  He wants to stay alert every minute of the day/night so he doesn't miss anything happening. 

Let's talk about what you think about sleep, what you do about sleeping.  Are you mainly a day person or a night person?  Why are you one way or the other?  How much do you sleep?  What do you do at night to get ready for bed? 

Some of you tell me what you do and I'll tell you what I do.  (Show me yours and I'll show you mine.)  :beer:

@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@austingirl
@ EVERYONE of nonTrump

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2016, 07:41:02 pm »
@austingirl
@mystery-ak
@Unlimited
Thanks for your long post documenting what happened to you due to sleep deprivation.  I have tested/worked with brain injured people and/or people with personality disorders.  I know how to evaluate human behavior - what behavior tells me to expect; I was also an EMT (emergency medical technician) and had to know what certain behaviors of patients told me about their medical condition when I responded to a medical emergency.   

I have said on a thread that Trump's lack of deep sleep does not allow his brain to reset so it is constantly on alert.  Deep sleep is also when the body repairs itself so that doesn't happen with Trump.  Through the years, he has controlled his surroundings as he hasn't worked within the boundaries a company would set if he was employed by one.  Instead, he does what he wants when he wants.

If he wins, he will be confronted with all the problems the president has on a 24 hr. basis.  I have said I think his brain won't be able to keep up that pace and it will shut down.  I think he will physically collapse when his brain shuts down.  I see behavior that tells me that.  His brain appears to stay confused and that is why his speech is the pits (of course, you know "pits" is a medical term :nono: ), speaking with words that don't connect correctly with other words, speaking in unconnected phrases, seldom making an understandable complete sentence.

Two examples of behavior telling me what had happened or going to happen to two people:
I was in our Republican office across from the county courthouse on an election day.  A worker came in and told me the county clerk was making strange decisions.  I listened to what that person said about the county clerk's behavior and I determined she had a brain stroke.  Within an hour an ambulance came and took her to the hospital - she had a stroke.

The husband of my mother-in-law, was sick of certain ailments.  He was my husband's step-father. We went there to visit and when we left I told my husband his step-father would likely be dead within a week.  He died two days later.  I heard his breathing, determined his lungs were full of fluid.

Perhaps I am wrong about what Trump's behavior tells me.  I have gone back to his childhood behavior until his behavior today, to evaluate him psychologically and medically (sleep deprivation), but I haven't done that with him in front of me, so maybe I am wrong.  If sleep deprivation hasn't affected him, if he has no personality disorder as his behavior suggests, then he is the "greatest" as he says he is.  :thud:

Trump seems to have operated on only a few hours of sleep for decades. Some people do not require the number of hours that is the norm. However, I think it takes a toll and this is part of what we are seeing.

What disturbs me is the loose associations and flight of ideas, the disorganized speech from he disorganized brain. Trump has the vocabulary of a fifth grader, speaks in sentence fragments and repeats himself often. Is the cause adult ADD or lack of sleep-could be a combination.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:41:50 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2016, 07:44:36 pm »
Trump is speaking now and is not on the teleprompter. He is changing topics, using sentence fragments, over all the place. He is so hard to listen to.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2016, 07:47:39 pm »
Mr. Trump is a political genius and I am absolutely certain that in the election on November 8, 2016 he will soundly defeat Senator Ted Cruz for the republican nomination.  I can't understand what all this emphasis on Sec. Clinton is all about. /s
:happyhappy:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »
Trump is speaking now and is not on the teleprompter. He is changing topics, using sentence fragments, over all the place. He is so hard to listen to.

CNN had him on and I was listening, too.  Now CNN has gone back to the convention talk.
What a president we will have if garbled speech Trump is president.  Foreign country leaders won't know what he is talking about.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »
Being from Kansas, the good news is Hillary will not win the state. The bad news is Trump will. I thought long and hard about it and came to the conclusion that I would make the same decision if I lived in a swing state.

Roman P. Trump doesn't need my vote in Alabama. Even if he did, he wouldn't be getting it. Neither will Jeff Sessions next time around.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline austingirl

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2016, 07:54:52 pm »
A bit more about sleep:

"During the deep stages of non-rem sleep (deep sleep), the body repairs and regrows tissues, builds bone and muscle, and strengthens the immune system."

There is also REM sleep:  "Usually, REM sleep happens 90 minutes after you fall asleep. The first period of REM typically lasts 10 minutes. Each of your later REM stages gets longer, and the final one may last up to an hour. Your heart rate and breathing quickens.  You can have intense dreams during REM sleep, since your brain is more active."

During rem sleep, when you have dreams (even if you don't know it, don't remember them), your body paralyzes itself so you don't hurt yourself while dreaming.  During this time, the brain works on what you have given it during the day - memories are put into "boxes" (my word) so you can pull them out and consider them later.

If a person, as Trump says he does, only sleeps three hours a night, those deep sleep body/brain repairs aren't made or not made completely, and dreams don't happen or doesn't happen enough, to make the body/brain work well together.

I actually heard Trump talk about his sleep.  He said he doesn't sleep long BECAUSE HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING EVERY MINUTE.  He wants to stay alert every minute of the day/night so he doesn't miss anything happening. 

Let's talk about what you think about sleep, what you do about sleeping.  Are you mainly a day person or a night person?  Why are you one way or the other?  How much do you sleep?  What do you do at night to get ready for bed? 

Some of you tell me what you do and I'll tell you what I do.  (Show me yours and I'll show you mine.)  :beer:

@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@austingirl
@ EVERYONE of nonTrump

In the psych hospital we worked with patients on sleep hygiene. Things like not drinking caffeine late in the day, going to bed and rising at the same time each day, not watching TV or using a computer (for the few who had them) for a couple of hours before bedtime. Of course most patients self-medicated with caffeine- the world's most used psychoactive substance. Doctors would write orders for caffeine restrictions but there was a thriving black market on campus of selling coffee to get around it.

Trump does not drink and I think this is due to his personality disorder symptom of not wanting to relinquish control. But I wonder if he uses caffeine to excess.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »

Now wait a second. The Savage Weiner has said that is a sign of genius

Offline skeeter

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »
Now wait a second. The Savage Weiner has said that is a sign of genius

The Savage Weiner would become as hysterical as a 14 year old girl at an Austin Mahone concert if Trump ever worked the words 'mozzarella meatball' into a sentence.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2016, 08:19:57 pm »
The Savage Weiner would become as hysterical as a 14 year old girl at an Austin Mahone concert if Trump ever worked the words 'mozzarella meatball' into a sentence.
:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:58 pm »
Great post austingirl!

yuuuuuge scam on GOP

All of his kids speaking of what a great guy he is.  Great must be in the eye of the beholder because he is looking vindictive and hateful.

Some might say Napoleon had a Trump complex.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2016, 08:56:47 pm »
Some might say Napoleon had a Trump complex.

That's great!    :silly:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »
A bit more about sleep:

@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@austingirl
@ EVERYONE of nonTrump
I went five years without a normal sleep cycle, working wellsight, but not so sleep deprived as the earlier example I mentioned by any stretch. In that time I got so I could fall asleep any time I had a chance to sit still and had nothing to do. I could also awaken and be functional at any time, and frequently slept for periods of 2-3 hours, woke up, checked things over, and went back to sleep. After those five years, the oil boom stopped for me, one too many rigs laid down.

In the year since then I have not completely reestablished sleep patterns. Keep in mind, I got in the habit of sleeping when I was tired, waking when I was not. I lived off savings for a year to get some things done around the house and confess I have not imposed a definite sleep schedule through the use of either alarm clocks or structured activity on any regular basis. I have little doubt that if I had immediately sought more normal employment (set work schedule) than the 12 hours on (usually midnight to noon, my favorite time slot), 12 hours on call (on location) schedule I had had, and then no schedule at all, that would have likely sorted out much sooner.
Mentally, I can still push through for 24-36 hours if the need arises (family emergencies and such). Part of that is strictly mental, not deciding that you will be able to sleep at any given time, but when the situation is done--a trick I picked up from a old friend who was a SEAL, but after that, my schedule, such as it is, will be shot for a day or two of catching up. Whether that 24 hour reshuffling is needed or more an expectation, I don't know, but it seems to work that way if the opportunity presents.

As it is, I can generally sleep for a maximum of six hours or so before I am awake, rarely more, but I don't have a large number of things to sort out from my day. When I return to some more regularly scheduled employment, it will likely be on a rotating shift, and I'll let you know how that works out.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »
I joked earlier about Trump having a reaction to the cucumber slices, but I have noticed the bags under his eyes are more common and getting larger.

Years ago I noticed on C-SPAN that many of the top people in government exhibit huge bags under their eyes; none of them looks reasonably rested. That really makes me question the mental state of the people running the country.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »
The idiots (on both sides) have left decent folks (ie people that still have a conscience TO vote) with NO CHOICE this election year.  I have to think there is some bigger movement and power behind all of this orchestration.  And whoever or whatever that is....

they are winning.

I'm a Christian and whenever things are depressingly bleak I remind myself, Jesus has me in his hand and nothing can pull me away.

You're observation is spot on, we have been given no choice this year. All we can do is try to do the right thing. I'm going to support conservatives financially and on my ballot. It may be a rough 4 years, but better days will come.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
Meanwhile after shutting down republican delegate conscience voting, Reince Priebus is pushing the idea that democrat delegates be allowed to vote their conscience.

RNC chief raises idea that Dem delegates be allowed to vote their conscience

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289127-rnc-chair-raises-idea-that-dem-delegates-be-allowed-to-vote#.V5Z770SXTI0.twitter

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2016, 09:53:42 pm »
Meanwhile after shutting down republican delegate conscience voting, Reince Priebus is pushing the idea that democrat delegates be allowed to vote their conscience.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289127-rnc-chair-raises-idea-that-dem-delegates-be-allowed-to-vote#.V5Z770SXTI0.twitter
Rinsed Previous is only suggesting that to cause confusion in Democrat ranks as they Google "Conscience" and try to figure out where the heck that went...

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:19 pm »

Well, why the hell not?  It's not going to threaten the GOPe if they do!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2016, 09:57:07 pm »
Well, why the hell not?  It's not going to threaten the GOPe if they do!

At this point there is a growing consensus among conservatives and liberals that its time for a couple of new parties.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2016, 10:02:57 pm »
At this point there is a growing consensus among conservatives and liberals that its time for a couple of new parties.
Well, there are three main groups in American Politics today. Liberals, Conservatives, and frauds who claim to be one or the other but are for sale to the highest bidder. The FSA* has pulled its coup.

*Free Sh*t Army

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »
I noticed that in Oklahoma the Constitution Party is making progress toward getting on the ballot. Please check the Constitution Party out.
I do not see any relief coming from either the GOP (especially with the rules changes to concentrate and maintain power this year) nor the Democrats, so I think it is time to find a third party we can live with and work to make it a force in national politics.
I have trouble disagreeing with the principles there, for the most part, and would vote as much for the platform as the candidate. It is far closer than the other two alternatives, without the libertine aspects of the Libertarian Party. YMMV, but if at any point in the future a third party is going to be a force to reckon with, we have to lend an existing one our support or start a new one.

Here in Oklahoma... if the Constitution Party makes the ballot.. that is where my vote is going. If they do not, then I vote down-ticket and leave the President line un-voted as we do not have a Presidential Candidate this year.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline etcb

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2016, 11:29:12 pm »
How does the constitution deal with a deranged POTUS who needs to be in a laced up white jacket?
I think Section 4 of the 25th Amendment  lays out a clear process.  (Recommended reading for those concerned with Mr. Trump's (or Sec. Clinton's) stability.)  If it became necessary, Gov Pence would be a solid replacement.