Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78499 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

So what happens if he wins?

You headed to the nunnery?

Nah, I'll hang around to see if he will bother to do anything resembling what he promised the rubes to win their support early in the primaries.

If he does I'll happily eat crow.

If he doesn't what will you do?

Offline wolfcreek

Nah, I'll hang around to see if he will bother to do anything resembling what he promised the rubes to win their support early in the primaries.

If he does I'll happily eat crow.

If he doesn't what will you do?

He wasn't my choice to begin with but, guess I'll pray Hillary gets a visit from an angel.

Offline musiclady

Trump is the 'perfect' candidate for Hillary.  Trumptrain is an election losing machine!  We are powerless to stop it until it takes the party over a cliff.  This winter, he will write a book on how to hijack a party and blow an election.  I bet he will devote a full chapter to his favorite dupes.

I find it hilarious that the devotees of a candidate with NO positive qualities have the audacity to attack those who cannot support a candidate with nothing but flaws of wanting a "perfect" candidate.

The vacuousness of their argument is breathtaking.

Not one person who opposes Trump has demanded either "perfection" or "utopia."

It's an entirely fabricated attack based on, IMO, the weakness of their candidate and their inner understanding that Trump is terrible at every level.  The only way they can justify supporting an evil man is to accuse those of us who oppose him of demanding "perfection."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I find it hilarious that the devotees of a candidate with NO positive qualities have the audacity to attack those who cannot support a candidate with nothing but flaws of wanting a "perfect" candidate.

It's an entirely fabricated attack based on, IMO, the weakness of their candidate and their inner understanding that Trump is terrible at every level.  The only way they can justify supporting an evil man is to accuse those of us who oppose him of demanding "perfection."

That is certainly as good an explanation as I have heard.  I concur.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline wolfcreek

You keep laughing, sister. No one ever said Trump wasn't flawed. Everyone is.

But compared to Hillary, he's a saint.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:48:43 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline musiclady

Thanks, Bigun.   I have been struck by the insecurity of Trump followers in that they cannot defend their deeply flawed candidate, so they level ludicrous accusations at everyone who refuses to support a loser like Trump.

People with confidence that they are doing the right thing don't behave in the way Trump-lovers do.

I think that down underneath their bullying and name-calling, they know they're supporting a dangerous man.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline wolfcreek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5j8Jioan1w

Offline skeeter

He wasn't my choice to begin with but, guess I'll pray Hillary gets a visit from an angel.

In my hypothetical Trump would be president. So you'd better pray that he gets the visit.

I honestly believe that the only difference between president Trump and president Hillary is that Hillary will feel obligated to offer the occasional SOP to the hard left. But its conceivable Trump will do exactly the same thing as she, since by his own admission is a pretty liberal guy and his ego will demand the media plaudits that usually accompany such PC initiatives.

On the other hand, Trump is right now demonstrating that a president Trump will feel no obligation whatsoever to do likewise for the conservative right.

Besides the occasional partisan gesture I'm convinced there will be very little difference between the two concerning how they'll likely run the country. Thats why I care very little who wins - I'm screwed both ways.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:31:40 pm by skeeter »

geronl

You people who want the 'perfect' candidate

Trump is perfectly dreadful, no redeeming quality

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There's no such thing as tur perfect candidate.  But some are more perfect than others.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

You keep laughing, sister. No one ever said Trump wasn't flawed. Everyone is.

But compared to Hillary, he's a saint.

compared to Hillary, they're almost twins

Offline musiclady

Trump is perfectly dreadful, no redeeming quality

Exactly.  None.

Offline musiclady

compared to Hillary, they're almost twins

Actually, Trump has a few flaws that not even Hillary has.......

Perhaps the two worst candidates, and people, in the entire country are running for President.

Talk about not "perfect"............... they both belong in institutions.

I'd even accept a candidate who isn't a pathological liar or a reprobate.  At this point in time, I've never had such low standards, and Trump can't even look up far enough to see the bottom of my list.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You can't fool me. If you guys cared a wit about the US Constitution you would've voted for Ted Cruz.
But DT was gonna protect and defend all 12 Articles! (not just the ones we have)

Considering that was the Constitutional equivalent of Obama's '57 states' gaffe, he will possibly get elected.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

So what happens if he wins?

You headed to the nunnery?
Nope. Proper planning prevents panic.

Bury the firearms and ammunition I don't expect to need right away.  I have spots picked out but things have been mighty busy around and I'd just as soon not have someone stumble across a cache.

Hide some more of the supplies. Print out a few more things I don't have in hard copy and pick up some stuff I can get cheap now that will make good trading stock or allow me to make things to trade.

Make popcorn and watch the end of the world on teevee until the ICBM launch.
I should be able to see at least some of the birds going up from outside.

Duck and cover.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Let's just keep pounding this thread into the frickin' ground, shall we??  Maybe someday we can finally get to the bottom of it.

For God's sake, would one of you so-called "Mods" please lock this thread??  Enough is enough!!

:chairbang:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nope. Proper planning prevents panic.

Bury the firearms and ammunition I don't expect to need right away.  I have spots picked out but things have been mighty busy around and I'd just as soon not have someone stumble across a cache.

Hide some more of the supplies. Print out a few more things I don't have in hard copy and pick up some stuff I can get cheap now that will make good trading stock or allow me to make things to trade.

Make popcorn and watch the end of the world on teevee until the ICBM launch.
I should be able to see at least some of the birds going up from outside.

Duck and cover.

I've already gone on the record as calling for the impeachment of both of them just to hedge my bets.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
That's BS, Norm. We don't want a Obama third term skirt taking the White House.

You people who want the 'perfect' candidate [of which there were none] only hurt the chances of ever achieving your Utopia by encouraging those who might be on the fence to either vote for her or some third party wannabe.

If Hillary wins the Left will have control over the narrative and law for the next generation. That is my whole reason for even bothering to be here.
Which brings me to the Trumpsplaining tatic of the day:

Straw man:
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

Almost all #Never Trumps would have been willing to settle for a number of flawed candidates. Trump however is simply a cog in the wheel of the Clinton Machine.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

Let's just keep pounding this thread into the frickin' ground, shall we??  Maybe someday we can finally get to the bottom of it.

For God's sake, would one of you so-called "Mods" please lock this thread??  Enough is enough!!

:chairbang:
Why bother to lock the thread? We're having fun. If you don't want to play, no one is making you.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I've already gone on the record as calling for the impeachment of both of them just to hedge my bets.
All we need is a Congress with bigger huevos than Hillary and it could happen.... :beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Which brings me to the Trumpsplaining tatic of the day:

Straw man:
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

Almost all #Never Trumps would have been willing to settle for a number of flawed candidates. Trump however is simply a cog in the wheel of the Clinton Machine.

Virtually anyone else who ran would be better and I'm including Lindsey Graham. Yes, I can accept imperfect

Offline Smokin Joe

Virtually anyone else who ran would be better and I'm including Lindsey Graham. Yes, I can accept imperfect
Sixteen possibilities, and most of the 'kids table' would have been better than what we got.
Sheesh!

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
At the start, knowing we would be facing Hillary, I only had one candidate on my No Go list and that was Senior Jeb!. Trump worked very hard to prove that he was the Democrat he always was and earned a spot on the list. I'd have taken any of the others. I was hardly asking for perfection, just a basic level of morals and honesty.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

A fact which Bill and Hil did not overlook.  Hence Trump throws his hat in the ring and the media did the rest.

- J. R. R. Tolkien