Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78074 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yet Trumpers spoke unspeakable things about Cruz's wife and continue to with glee and any man who is worth his salt would never support a man who spoke about and who's followers spoke about their wife so with such gleefully  malignance and they now cry because Cruz wouldn't support Trump what a bunch of two face hypocrites!

They blame Cruz for running pics of Melania but Liz Mair openly admitted that she is the one who ran them as part of an anti Trump superpac ad. Mair supported Rubio.
Trumpers continue to lie about it but I guess they have to at this point.

Offline JustPassinThru

It wasn't about being prettier per se. It was all about his trophy and how much more of a winner he is verses Cruz because he has no such trophy in his view. Never mind actual commitment, love and honor - it's about nothing more than winners and losers in Trump's mind. It is just another shiny gold plated object for him to flaunt to show why he is the "greatest".

It will be hard for him in the end, because he obviously doesn't understand the Conservative tenet of principle-based voting.  He will lose, most likely; and lose messily...because the Bern-ers he's courting, as Mister Popularity, are voting the FSA and Better Living Through Marxism...and will have none of him; none of the R side; not when an Alinsky disciple is his opponent.

He loses.  He'll shrug and go back to his whore's-bedoir apartment with the gold-plated potty.

And then he'll learn:  BILLARY is vindictive and ready to take out HER enemies, too.  Little Lord Donnie seems to have forgotten, or never believed, the Clinton Body Count.   I don't think she'll waste withdrawls from the Favor Bank rubbing out a seventy-year-old Tammany bagman; but I do think she'll make his last years a living hell.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Do yourself a favor and start looking around for one of those old seriously substantial drum pullers with the "fingers" that bolt to the lugs, and the center piece you smack a BUNCH with a BFH. The rear hubs on these things slide up on tapered axles with keyways,and there must have been sfome sort of law back in the 30's and 40's against putting grease on the axle stub or the drum where the key goes. After 30 to 50 years of getting hot,cooling down,and growing to the axle,pulling the rear drums is a nightmare. Basically,they use the same drums and puller as the 30's and 40's Mopars.

Best way to deal with pulling them is to smack the hell out of the arm and put tension on the big screw that runs through it. Then let it sit for a while before going back out to it and smacking the brake drum moderately with the BFH all around the outer circumference to let the vibrations help release the death grip the drum has on the axle. Smack the arm to tightern the center screw again,smack the brake drum a few more times,and go off and leave it sit for a while before repeating.  Make sure you don't put enough screw tension on the axle end that you mushroom it. You usually don't get them off the same day you start,but with patience they will pop off eventually. Sometimes you can hear them when they let go even if you are not standing real close.

Also,do yourself a serious favor and replace ALL the hard brake lines with the new copper-nickel brake lines you can bend with your hand and not kink them. They will never rust either inside or out,so you eliminate a problem when you do this. Also replace the rubber brake lines and make sure your emergency brake is adjusted property while you have the drums off. The adjusters can be rusty inside on the old trucks,and it's easier to take them apart,clean the threads and lightly lube them before putting the drums back on. IF you are very lucky,no previous owner has cut the emergency brake cables during a earlier brake job. Remember,you only have a single outlet master cylinder,so if one brake line goes out you lose all your brakes if your ebrake doesn't work.
Thanks for the advice. The e-brake works, but the others don't! I found that out when I trailered it in (I had it running but the fuel tank was full of crap, so we just ran it with a small gas can gravity feeding into the carb (farm boy stunt!). I have a long way to go. Still hunting parts, and I got started a little a few years back and now have to find a couple of the bits I took off and put away for safe keeping (I should know better, I may not see them again --until I find replacements!).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

They blame Cruz for running pics of Melania but Liz Mair openly admitted that she is the one who ran them as part of an anti Trump superpac ad. Mair supported Rubio.
Sure they do.

Otherwise they have to admit Trump went nuclear at the wrong person.

OOPS.

That sort of rash, temper tantrum judgement error is not something that plays well when one considers he is in the running to have the nuclear football with arm's reach, so there is no way they want to admit they screwed up and attacked the wrong people.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Trumpers continue to lie about a lot of things.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

Trumpers continue to lie about a lot of things.
SLDD... :thud:

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

SLDD... :thud:

Being a trumpbot means never having to say you're sorry... :facepalm2:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One more time for the Drones:

Ever since his humiliation rejection by Utah voters, rejection that was Biblical in its magnitude, Donald Trump has been mewling about a FACEBOOK!! ad run by a tiny, tiny super PAC called Make America Awesome that cost in the mid-three figures to run. The ad advocated voting for Cruz for the sole reason that it would keep Trump from getting any delegates. The two main people behind the Super PAC, Rick Wilson and Liz Mair are not Ted Cruz fans. Quite the opposite. For instance:

Rick Wilson

@TheRickWilson

Dear media outlets in possession of The Thing; I know you're scared about legal. Have an intern post it on YouTube and then "discover" it.
11:15 PM - 11 Mar 2016

Trump had the images of Melania Knauss shot specifically to ad buzz to his stillborn presidential campaign. And now that the images have been used in a real campaign he's complaining. Pro Tip Donald: if you want people to take your defense of your wife seriously, and not laugh in your face, then treat her with a little respect and don't pay her to pose mostly nude to sexually stimulate random men.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/03/28/gq-mostly-naked-photo-donald-trumps-wife-pimp-failed-presidential-bid/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Well they weren't Trump people. They were acting on Ted Cruz behalf to help him win among Mormons in Utah. Those were the type of people who were supporting Ted Cruz, moralistic.

So by that logic ...

White supremacists were acting on Trump's behalf to win in some states. Therefore Trump is a white supremacist and any attacks on him for that are legitimate.

:shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline wolfcreek

No, I say we milk for all its worth. It's been very enlightening into the actions and rationale of Trump and his supporters.

Ditto for the Left leaning faction. It's still irrelevant.

Offline wolfcreek

Rule rewrites aren't conducted in the middle of the match. He broke the accepted rules. Period. What candidate ever has attacked another candidate's wife like Trump went after Heidi?
Especially considering the 'retaliation' was against people who had not put out the ad.
Ready! Fire! Aim!
Normally, wives and kids aren't fair game, and especially not like that:
The 'My wife is prettier than your wife' bit (Dunno, what's yours look like without make-up?)
The 'She's a mastermind of the global banking cartel' bit (Why isn't she richer than you are Donny?)
The 'She practically wrote NAFTA all by herself, runs the CFR and designed the Amero schtik. (Oh, really? NOT!)
The 'Here's a picture of her having a bad day sitting on the side of the road' pic, 'right next to traffic!' (Ever eat at a sidewalk cafe? walk on a sidewalk? You're likely closer.)

And all because a PAC not affiliated with Cruz posted a COVER image from GQ magazine? Seen as part of this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201088/Melania-Trump-Lady-pose-NUDE-talk-incredible-sex-life-Donald-Howard-Stern-rival-Jackie-Kennedy-elegance-style-quiet-strength.html

What region devastating war awaits us while (and even after) people figure out the country we are retaliating against is NOT the one who attacked us?  Because he went after the wrong guy, and then lied about it to 'justify' having attacked Heidi Cruz.

It's neither here nor there...now is it?

Offline wolfcreek

Being a trumpbot means never having to say you're sorry... :facepalm2:

I'll vote for Cruz [for a third time] if he runs for the Senate again.

No sorrys needed.

Offline Just_Victor

I'll vote for Cruz [for a third time] if he runs for the Senate again.

No sorrys needed.

Glad you're not buying Trump's libelous smear (well, libelous in any venue outside of politics) of Lyin' Ted.   :beer:
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
It's neither here nor there...now is it?

It's entirely relevant that Trump's standard MO is to lash out in infantile rage anytime he feels "dissed".  His brand, as stated by his own wife and re-iterated by people on this site, is that "he fights back ten times harder."

There are times when this country needs that in a leader.  But there are many more times when a leader recognizes that he needs to dial it back.  Trump has demonstrated no ability to recognize those times, or respond to them appropriately.  He's a megalomaniacal lunatic who cares first for his own ego.  He's one of the last people who should have command of the US military and the country's nuclear arsenal.

His reaction toward Heidi Cruz clearly demonstrates that trait.  It's irrelevant now for selecting a Republican nominee, but it remains highly relevant in selecting a president.
James 1:20

Offline Cripplecreek

Glad you're not buying Trump's libelous smear (well, libelous in any venue outside of politics) of Lyin' Ted.   :beer:

"Lyin Ted" was a simple slogan for simple people.

Offline Kinsman Redeemer

The IRONY of the label is that IT was the lie.

I'm with Cruz.  I will vote for Trump (clothes pin on my nose) - unless he gets completely bizarre.  Right now, Trump is mostly bizarre.

e.g. It was bizarre for Trump to attack Cruz the day after his nomination.

Trump is a lying narcissist. 

I will vote for him for one reason: I'll be considering it a vote for 2-3 SCOTUS Judges.  Only that.
The real enemy seeks to devour what is good.

geronl

I will vote for him for one reason: I'll be considering it a vote for 2-3 SCOTUS Judges.  Only that.

Then you are still deceiving yourself that he would want to appoint anything like a conservative. He won't.

Offline aligncare

Donald Trump is good at branding. That's how he has extended his reach in business, through branding.

The only reason that a brand or label sticks is if there is some truth to it. For example, 'low-energy' Jeb worked because it was true; crooked Hillery works because it's true.

If someone is skinny but you call him fatso, they just shrug, while others look at you like your nuts. It doesn't stick.

Lyin' Ted...well, that stuck.

Offline Kinsman Redeemer

Then you are still deceiving yourself that he would want to appoint anything like a conservative. He won't.

Of course, you could be right but I KNOW what sort of judge Hellary would nominate.
The real enemy seeks to devour what is good.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

As of 7/27/16. Ted Cruz maintains occupancy in Trump's head.

And I suppose "bombing the hell....'' (Trumpese) is something other than carpet bombing?

Offline skeeter

They weren't real deep thinkers were they.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And I suppose "bombing the hell....'' (Trumpese) is something other than carpet bombing?

Well...yeah.  It is.  I liked Ted much better than Trump, but that was a poor choice of words on his part.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Well...yeah.  It is.  I liked Ted much better than Trump, but that was a poor choice of words on his part.

Which words are poor?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

As of 7/27/16. Ted Cruz maintains occupancy in Trump's head.

Trump think carpet bombing can only be carried out by Persians.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

Cruz was right. Carpet bombing ISIS convoys would be effective but it was far from being the entire Cruz plan.