Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78605 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Bottom line. You do not represent conservatives, the #neverTrump movement was never a conservative movement

Shouldn't you be focusing all this pent-up rage, vitriol and loathing against the person you supposedly fear in the General Election rather than those of us you have declared a tiny fringe minority that are irrelevant?

Shouldn't you be trying to win Bernie Supporters, Independents and Democrats on over to get your prince onto the throne??

We do not see any difference between your prince or Hillary and some of us recognize a Trojan Stalking Horse for Hillary and the Establishment when we see it.

We're not voting for him, so insulting and shaming us as is your only focus in life - is not going to garner a single vote for your political savior.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I find it funny that a DU member dares to refer to Constitutional Conservatives as Liberal 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I find it funny that a DU member dares to refer to Constitutional Conservatives as Liberal

That is because they are busy redefining what Conservatism means, as a pro-big government ideology that simply will run Statism better than the Left does.

It's the same thing the Left has done to redefine Christianity by shaming it into changing their beliefs and doctrines into accepting Islam, Homosexuality and other abominations as wholesome, good and right.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ScottinVA

He didn't renege on anything.

Cruz was a whole lot more gracious to Orange Glorious than was deserved.  What should never be forgotten is the malicious line of attacks against not only Cruz, but his wife and father.  Cruz was dead-on right to avoid endorsing Trump.  What pisses off Trumpette nation is Cruz refused to kiss their beloved god-king's ring.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:17:21 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Mechanicos

Two facts for you: 1 I am a Christian Constitutional Conservative not somebody acting indistinguishable from a liberal attacking the GOP candidates. 2. You have not earned the respect from me to care about what you call me.

I do not consider attacking Trump all the time to be an example of conservative credentials - can see the exact same conduct from liberals. To an outsider looking in how could they tell you are not a DU denizen?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Fantom

Cruz was a whole lot more gracious to Orange Glorious than was deserved.  What should never be forgotten is the malicious line of attacks against not only Cruz, but his wife and father.  Cruz was dead-on right to avoid endorsing Trump.  What pisses off Trumpette nation is Cruz refused to kiss their beloved god-king's ring.

Yep....  :beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline kartographer

Why would Trump want an indorsement from a man that he and his team claimed for weeks was a liar, cheat, pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything from a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:12:53 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It will be an interesting meltdown if he loses, but even worse if he wins and they have to confront what they have done instead of blame the rest of us.

All they will do if he loses is to blame Cruz for not supporting him, and if he wins will do the same during the subsequent implosion.

With this thread, they have already Claimed it cannot be Trump's fault as Evertone is not on board.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Why would Trump want an indorsement from a man that he and his team claimed for weeks was a liar, cheat, pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything form a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?

He's the cobra in search of his own mongoose?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline biff

Because he did not expect an endorsement since he saw the speech. He had the NY delegation all cued up to the phrase when to start yelling(hence Cruz thanking the NY'ers) and he timed his grand entrance into the hall accordingly. It was all a WWF show, pure and simple. A figgen broadway production, just like the rest of his life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Spot on!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

We've already established that Trump has dirtbag tendencies.
That doesn't give Cruz license to renege on a pledge for personal vendetta reasons.

A) The pledge was null and void as of 3/30/16 per none less than Donald Trump himself.
B) Any husband/son who does not stand with his wife and family when they are attacked isn't worth any person's vote, for any office at all. These are conservative values.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:00:07 am by skeeter »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Spot on!

I didn't watch, but I thought he was finished and they were booing as he left, not that he was booed of the stage.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online Hoodat

Two facts for you: 1 I am a Christian Constitutional Conservative not somebody acting indistinguishable from a liberal attacking the GOP candidates. 2. You have not earned the respect from me to care about what you call me.

Too funny.   @txradioguy makes a generic statement addressed to no one about a DU member, and Mechanicos immediately recognizes it as himself.

I do not consider attacking Trump all the time to be an example of conservative credentials - can see the exact same conduct from liberals. To an outsider looking in how could they tell you are not a DU denizen?

Consider for a moment a candidate who supports Kelo, taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, amnesty for deported illegals, higher taxes for hedge fund managers, arcane trade regulations, prohibitions on a free press, and banning weapons sales to Americans without due process - all liberal positions.  Wouldn't a real Conservative be negligent in his/her Conservative duties if he/she didn't point these things out?

And just so you know that I'm not talking about Bernie Sanders here, Sanders doesn't support Kelo.  Yet there's a candidate out there (I don't want to mention Trump's name) who lines up to the left of Bernie Sanders.  Such a candidate deserves to be attacked 24/7 by Conservatives.  Yet you would have us believe that every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints, and claim to be a Conservative while supporting such a liberal candidate.

I think I've guessed your name.  But what's puzzling me is the nature of your game.

Mean it. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do not consider attacking Trump all the time to be an example of conservative credentials - can see the exact same conduct from liberals.

Where in Cruz's speech last night did you hear him attack Trump?

Please enlighten us, as I think you lied.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It will be an interesting meltdown if he loses, but even worse if he wins and they have to confront what they have done instead of blame the rest of us.
@Smokin Joe   @geronl

Imagine the exploding heads if he does like I have been predicting since the day he announced he was running,and steps down too late in the race for anyone else,even his running mate to mount an effective campaign,and Bubbette! wins by default while he spends the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the president of the US if I had wanted,but decided the job was beneath me,so I stepped down."

And make no mistake about it,his massive ego will NOT allow him to face the chance of losing that big,that publicly.  He's "The Donald!",and "The Donald!" doesn't lose because he is a winner,and losing is for losers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

geronl

@Smokin Joe   @geronl

And make no mistake about it,his massive ego will NOT allow him to face the chance of losing that big,that publicly.  He's "The Donald!",and "The Donald!" doesn't lose because he is a winner,and losing is for losers.

The Late Octiber Surprise, maybe around the same date that McCain all but endorsed Obama.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think what us Constitutional, limited government type conservatives find most disappointing about this election year is the lost opportunity. No one is going to disagree that the GOP Establishment needed to go but we are sure the answer isn't Progressive Nationalism /Populism.

Hillary Clinton is toxic and this shouldn't  even be a contest but instead the GOP nominates someone with higher negatives than her. And whose running one of the most divided conventions and incompetent campaigns I've seen

@LMAO

As I have been saying since he announced,he is NOT running to be the president of the United States. He is running to feed his massive ego,and I strongly suspect it was his goomba's,the Clinton's,that talked him into running.

That,of course can never be proven,but IF he does drop out late in the race AND she DOES win,the proof will be in the pudding. No way is "Mister Modesty" going to keep from bragging about how he outsmarted us all and earned "BILLIONS!" from doing it. He will have his press agent release press announcements about his new contracts.

Not that it matters because he and the Country Club/Fascist/Globalist alleged Republicans will have completely destroyed the alleged Republican Party and removed all Republican politicians from office before the 4 years are up,and we will officially be a One Part Nation,like Bubbette!'s beloved Soviet Union.

There will be no more free and open elections,and candidates will be appointed by the US Politburo. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Late Octiber Surprise, maybe around the same date that McCain all but endorsed Obama.

@geron

Yup. It ain't like it hasn't been done before. At times it was hard to tell that McLunatic wasn't Obomber's running mate,not his supposed opponent.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Too funny.   @txradioguy makes a generic statement addressed to no one about a DU member, and Mechanicos immediately recognizes it as himself.

Projectionists usually do. 

Like all narcissists and True Believers in a cult of personality, they assume everyone is talking about them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I do not consider attacking Trump all the time to be an example of conservative credentials - can see the exact same conduct from liberals.

Understandable...non Conservatives and DU Liberals have no concept as to why the folks in the Reagan wing of the GOP despise Trump. You'd actually have to understand the Constitution...have an appreciation for things like freedom and liberty and Conservative principles and values.

You're not the least bit curious about history...otherwise you'd know that what Trump is selling is warmed over Bull Moose Party BS with a side helping of failed Hoover era economic policies that led to the great depression.

No you and others like you are perfectly happy being part of the goon squad for a loudmouth bully who you think is going to get you some kind of revenge against a woman and a party that has received huge ammounts of money and support from the guy yoire backing.

Offline kartographer

Answer me this then how is it a bad thing to you that Trump didn't get the endorsement from a man that Trump and his own team claimed for weeks was a liar, a cheat, a pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything from a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:59:28 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Answer me this then how is it a bad thing that you that Trump didn't get the endorsement from a man that Trump and his own team claimed for weeks was a liar, a cheat, a pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything from a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?

Because hes about as much of a Constitutional Conservative as I am Muslim. 

Offline Mechanicos

Consider for a moment a candidate who supports Kelo, taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, amnesty for deported illegals, higher taxes for hedge fund managers, arcane trade regulations, prohibitions on a free press, and banning weapons sales to Americans without due process - all liberal positions.  Wouldn't a real Conservative be negligent in his/her Conservative duties if he/she didn't point these things out?

And just so you know that I'm not talking about Bernie Sanders here, Sanders doesn't support Kelo.  Yet there's a candidate out there (I don't want to mention Trump's name) who lines up to the left of Bernie Sanders.  Such a candidate deserves to be attacked 24/7 by Conservatives.  Yet you would have us believe that every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints, and claim to be a Conservative while supporting such a liberal candidate.

I think I've guessed your name.  But what's puzzling me is the nature of your game.

Mean it.
Because hes called my that before. But then you have shown an aversion to facts.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

Answer me this then how is it a bad thing to you that Trump didn't get the endorsement from a man that Trump and his own team claimed for weeks was a liar, a cheat, a pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything from a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?
You see Cruz as what his lawyer fabricated image says. Smart people see him as power-hungry, dishonest and phoney.

The small petty man would not do the right thing and release his dedicated followers (like the ones on here that are attacking Trump fanatically day after day over Hurt Feelings). He was given a chance to do what a person who cared about something other then himself would do. Failing that it, it showcased just how petty, dishonest and selfish Cruz is. Cruz lost a lot of people when he did that.

So to answer your question: Before Cruz spoke he had maybe 10 percent of his dedicated followers holding out hope for him and opposing Trump. After his stupidity its to the point where his own Texas Delegates have people holding up signs saying "Clinton/Cruz 2020." In few months  Cruz will be a foot note and the 5 percent or so of his remaining dedicated followers will be still complaining.

We saw from the convention itself/ #neverTrumpers are mostly a media liberal creation that was not large in number. After Cruz immolated himself live in front of millions we have much more unity in the GOP.