Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 78119 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Trump did ANYTHING Conservative, I would gladly re-evaluate.  But it's been over a year now, and I'm still waiting.

You'll be waiting a lot longer IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

If Hillary wins and completes her agenda, no GOP candidate will get enough votes.

Yeah, but Trump would have beaten Cruz, destroyed the Republican Party, and set the Conservative movement back decades.  That's all that matters now.  Trump doesn't even act like Hillary is his opponent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline washi

Cruz signed a pledge to support the GOP nominee.
Trump is that nominee.
It's clear, from Cruz's statements this morning, that his reasons for not endorsing Trump are personal, i.e. Trump attacked Cruz's wife and father.

Trump is a dirtbag for doing so, and he did do so despite the revisionist arguments to the contrary by his most ardent, blind supporters.

I've been a Cruz supporter, that's why I was "suspended" from FR, but he needs to man up, put his ego aside, and endorse Trump.

He could have called Trump out on his dirty campaigning in his speech, and still endorse him for the good of the country by conceding that Trump is a far better choice for the country than Hillary.

On a side note, I do, guiltily, still lurk over at FR. It is almost infuriating to see the Trump retards over there posting "Where are the Cruz supporters now?! Why aren't they defending Cruz now?!"

Well, idiot, your thin-skinned leader, Jim Rob, banned or suspended us so he didn't have to have his kool-ade drinking support of Trump critiqued publicly. We were kicked out so you all could have your safe-place-echo-chamber.

Trump is the nominee now, and most of us will support him, but that doesn't excuse your shouting-down and stifling of the principled opposition. I've always said that nobody hates free speech as much as a liberal. I guess I have to ad Trump supporters to that group. 
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline ScottinVA

Its the same as here.

You've been a busy boy over at TOS, mekkie.  So have you, @truth_seeker.

----

To: mkjessup
Four Trump supporters on the list. Me, Right in Virginia, Fisherrman, Mechanicos.

They could sure use some reinforcements. Slip in quietly tonight while the others cry themselves to sleep, or in the morning while they sleep it off.

67 posted on 07/14/2016 9:35:11 PM PDT by truth_seeker (#NeverHillary#NeeverBernie)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies | Report Abuse ]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:40:08 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

Hey FR "guesties"...

F@ck off... got it?

Online Hoodat

Still wondering what Mechanicos Freeper name is.

I'm wondering what his DU name is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ScottinVA

I'm wondering what his DU name is.

Over there, it's probably "hatetrump4ever."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Now for the truth.
Some are saying in here that Trump saw the speech Cru gave and set him up. The Fact is Cruz went off script of the speech he showed Trump. Here is the part of the speech Cruz said he was going to say:

You just proved again what A BOLDFACED LIAR YOU ARE.

This is what the teleprompter actually says, and it was NOT from when Ted was speaking at all:

"Senator Ted Cruz in particular made the key point that we need to elect the Trump-Pence Republican Ticket"

How stupid do you take us all for?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

Cruz signed a pledge to support the GOP nominee.
Trump is that nominee.

Here's what Trump had to say about that pledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lKVCHuhIZ40

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

This is what the teleprompter actually says, and it was NOT from when Ted was speaking at all:

"Senator Ted Cruz in particular made the key point that we need to elect the Trump-Pence Republican Ticket"

LMAO.....  Mechanicos must have Cruz mistaken for Bob Dole and his 3rd person style

Strike 3 today for Mechanicos's credibility
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You've been a busy boy over at TOS, mekkie.  So have you @truth_seeker.

----

To: mkjessup
Four Trump supporters on the list. Me, Right in Virginia, Fisherrman, Mechanicos.

They could sure use some reinforcements. Slip in quietly tonight while the others cry themselves to sleep, or in the morning while they sleep it off.

67 posted on 07/14/2016 9:35:11 PM PDT by truth_seeker (#NeverHillary#NeeverBernie)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies | Report Abuse ]

So he's recruiting attack-dog scum to come over onto this board to bash those of us who are not supporting Trump.  Nice.

Notice that they hate us non-Trump supporting Conservatives more than they hate the Democrats or Hillary Clinton.  It is US they will continue to go to war against, and it is those of us who will never support their political messiah whom Trump himself will continue to attack - not Hillary.

That their party booed the line "Defend the Constitution" says everything you need to know about what the mob of sycophants for Trump are really all about: their cult of personality.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Just_Victor

LMAO.....  Mechanicos must have Cruz mistaken for Bob Dole and his 3rd person style

Today?  More like strike three in the past 10 minutes... well maybe not...

how long has it been since his last three posts?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline ArneFufkin

So it's come to light that the Trump crew vetted the speech in advance and even the press received a copy in advance of the speech.  It was on a teleprompter.

One wonders if Cruz wasn't set up to have Trump enter the Hall exactly when Cruz was finishing to elicit that negative response.

Offline Just_Victor

So it's come to light that the Trump crew vetted the speech in advance and even the press received a copy in advance of the speech.  It was on a teleprompter.

One wonders if Cruz wasn't set up to have Trump enter the Hall exactly when Cruz was finishing to elicit that negative response.

It was completely orchestrated like WWE cage match.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline JustPassinThru

Cruz campaign did that to Ben Carson, the mailers that looked like official business telling people they had not been voting with names on it. Got loans from Goldman Sachs.

One can have loyalty to the party, I've supported Romney and McCain but didn't vote for them in the primary.
The Carson meme.

Cruz STAFFERS...REPEATED...a NEWS RELEASE.  Which reported Carson was dropping out.

That is "attacking Ben Carson"?

I don't mean to start with personal attacks.  But how is it that so many are SO...DESPERATE...to worship God the Donald and destroy Lucifer Cruz, that they actually can not only believe, but repeat this stuff with a straight face?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:57:46 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline ScottinVA

So he's recruiting attack-dog scum to come over onto this board to bash those of us who are not supporting Trump.  Nice.

Notice that they hate us non-Trump supporting Conservatives more than they hate the Democrats or Hillary Clinton.  It is US they will continue to go to war against, and it is those of us who will never support their political messiah whom Trump himself will continue to attack - not Hillary.

That their party booed the line "Defend the Constitution" says everything you need to know about what the mob of sycophants for Trump are really all about: their cult of personality.

That's why I occasionally head over to FR.  These people bear watching.

Offline Mechanicos

That was what he was supposed to have said per his speech he provided. Newt had to ad lib at that point. As others have posted evidence supporting it, I was proven right. So to answer your question would get me banned.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
That was what he was supposed to have said per his speech he provided. Newt had to ad lib at that point. As others have posted evidence supporting it, I was proven right. So to answer your question would get me banned.

OMG.....    Are you for real?   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

Again I was proven right and you were proven wrong. My credibility is doing fine, yours however ...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ScottinVA

Yeah, but Trump would have beaten Cruz, destroyed the Republican Party, and set the Conservative movement back decades.  That's all that matters now.  Trump doesn't even act like Hillary is his opponent.

That's the part the Trumpettes will never admit.  Hillary is not, nor will she ever be, Trump's opponent.  They've been friends and political allies for decades.

Offline Mechanicos

OMG.....    Are you for real?
Yeah, that's why you keep getting everything wrong.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Again I was proven right and you were proven wrong. My credibility is doing fine, yours however ...

Just how many lies can you stack in one thread?   People are laughing their butts off at you.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

It has been widely reported this morning, and confirmed by both Trump and Cruz camps, that Cruz delivered the speech he provided in advance.  The Trump camp knew absolutely that Cruz would not endorse.  Yet some still manufacture any absurd distortion they can conceive to perpetuate their fiction that Trump has nairy a hair out of place 'neath his halo, while those who deny fealty to him are in league with Satan.

The reality, unfortunate for the nation, is that Trump demonstrates more concern for winning soundbite wars and creating petty instances of upstaging than for building a winning consensus for the general election.  His ambition appears to be immediate domination rather than restoring the country.

It is said that we aren't electing a pastor or a husband.  Neither are we electing an alpha male wolf pack leader.  Trump should go mark his territory somewhere else instead of peeing on a once-great political party.
James 1:20

Offline etcb

Great idea @sinkspur !! and wouldn't we all love to see him "restore his relationship with Cruz" through a public apology to TC [from the convention floor]? Could take seven years of prayers from the Carthusian Monks to make that fly! But we can all hope it could be sooner than that.

I would like to "endorse" your comment.

In my family, several of us were and still are strong Cruz supporters, however, when it became apparent that Mr. Trump would be the nominee, we collectively swallowed hard and agreed that we would vote for him.  We agreed that he was far from our ideal candidate but between him and Sec. Clinton, he would be the best alternative.  For us, the Supreme Court is issue number one with immigration being a close second.  We were troubled with Mr. Trump's demeanor but were not looking to make him a family member.  His seeming obsession, especially after the contest is over, with destroying his opponents rather than embracing them is very troubling.  The objective should be winning the general election, not continuing to fight the primary.  We will see tonight what kind man Mr. Trump is.  I hope he is bigger than some of his supporters, but, like you, I have my doubts.